Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

trinit26bi7.jpgtrinit23cv6.jpg

We are pleased to announce that Trinity Island was added to the server. Put the 5 pbo's in one of your mod folders or create for them a mod folder of their own. Please make sure to install it for the next time you join a coop night.

See you on the server!

If we need more of this Date-Stuff, we can try to use "Doodle". Looks like a nice freeware scheduler. I just made a test-Doodle for this one, so you can see what it is about.

Link: http://www.doodle.ch/f396eprc6fdhzd6e

Alright, seems like it's going to be Monday at 20:00 CET.

There are only 2 missions on the server at the moment ("PLA Montingac" and "Sharp end"); I'm trying to add some more a&d mission from the fdf mod mission repository if I find some time tomorrow.

See you.

Excellent games last night. We should make an A&D night a regular thing.

Excellent games last night. We should make an A&D night a regular thing.

I liked it too. I want to thank everyone who participated in the a&d session.

It was fun and would like to continue with a&d missions, however I am not sure whether the rest of you is willing to continue with it. I definitely see potential for us.

There were some (minor) things I did not like so much, but no real "showstoppers". It was a test session after all and I think we would need to find a style of play with these missions we are all more or less comfortable with.

Is it possible to use different anims without crashing the server? I say this because the standard flashpoint ones are horrible to look at, and dont feel right.

Yes you can use other animations. However you must not use lean and roll animations like the WGL mod has for example.

Dosen't that create problems when you shoot sombody at at a place which is not in the same place in different animations?

STGN

Quote[/b] ]Yes you can use other animations. However you must not use lean and roll animations like the WGL mod has for example.

I actually crashed a server once trying to use Sanctuary's lean/roll animation. It worked ok until I tried to lean or roll. icon_rolleyes.gif

Well on Sunday I had no problems with a different anim pack, and on one mission I got around 20 infantry kills, so I think it just detects that on your computer you got a hit and sends that to the server, or something like that.

Dosen't that create problems when you shoot sombody at at a place which is not in the same place in different animations?

STGN

I think this could happen. But it is negligible as long as you don't use any "alien" animations.

Like Zuku said, lean/roll animations will crash a server.

I usually use the WGL animations (without the lean/roll) and never had any problems (I know of).

Maybe its only me, but i think our serbver is down at the Moment. I will try to reach our admin to fis it. I will drop a line, if i know more about it.

Cheers

Tony

Quote[/b] ]Yes you can use other animations. However you must not use lean and roll animations like the WGL mod has for example.

I actually crashed a server once trying to use Sanctuary's lean/roll animation. It worked ok until I tried to lean or roll. icon_rolleyes.gif

Not just leaning/rolling related, the rule is in fact :

If you join a server with a modified config that has animations classes that does not exist on the server main config, the server will crash when you will use those animations.

2 solutions :

-add the new animation classes to the main server config, but in this case every player will need to use this modified config themselves when joining the server.

-do not use a mod with a config including new animation classes when joining the server if this one does not have them

Now instead of using a modified config , just playing with a different Anim.pbo from the one on the server should result into very few problems, if none at all.

Now instead of using a modified config , just playing with a different Anim.pbo from the one on the server should result into very few problems, if none at all.

That's exactly what I am doing. Thanks for the clarification Sanctuary.

Has the server blown up or gone on fire or something?Cant seem to get on TS either.

the server is up and running. the TS server is still down. will be fixed asap.

Hi, folks,

Thanks for the improved compass - I've installed it and it works like a charm.

Do you know whether or not the instructions for its installation are strictly finmod specific, or could this compass be installed in the same manner in other mods?

Could these instructions be used install this compass OFP system-wide?

<about anims>

Is it possible to make a walk animation with Binoculars up? I managed to get them faster with a tiny config change without server crash. Also made them so you can look through them and above them without putting them away like a scoped weapon, pretty sweet:

http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?....xt1.jpg

We could make an animation pack for CiA, so everyone had the same stuff, with AT weapon running, lean, roll and all that. The occassional joiners would probably crash but whatever, lots of addons are mandatory anyway, might as well extend that to the anim pack.

<about anims>

Is it possible to make a walk animation with Binoculars up? I managed to get them faster with a tiny config change without server crash. Also made them so you can look through them and above them without putting them away like a scoped weapon, pretty sweet:

http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?....xt1.jpg

We could make an animation pack for CiA, so everyone had the same stuff, with AT weapon running, lean, roll and all that. The occassional joiners would probably crash but whatever, lots of addons are mandatory anyway, might as well extend that to the anim pack.

For my current OFP project and animations i have been able, thanks to some invaluable hints from Fab. (one of the genius coder behind WWIIEC) to get some new animation states working in the config :

by example when you are jogging you have the weapon down, but if you press fire, you shoulder the weapon always while running, and if you press the turbo key once, you lower down again the weapon, or a way to have the AI running with 3 different kind of animations to have some visual variation...

But i have not been able to implement walking with binocular in the config.

To test various config ideas to circumvent my problem, i have made a test RTM in which the soldier walk forward with the binocular, so if you think you can implement it so it actually works, here is the .rtm i made so you can see if your modification work ingame :

http://files.filefront.com/testbinoc2rar/;12268755;/fileinfo.html