Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

There are various reasons. But it all comes down to this: I don't dislike the "official" models whereas in my opinion some of the replacement models don't fit in very well.

Hola Comrades,

nice Games again!

Lenin sent me his Aboriginies - Mission again and i uploaded it to the server. Works great! Although these guys tended to die a bit Quick! We got to find out how to make them breathing a bit longer wink_o.gif

See you on Wednesdays!

Tony

Hi Guys,

just wanted to leave some greetings here. How are you? Still playing COOP-Nights? I really miss them. I think I will join a game in the next few weeks. Hardly got time at the moment.

First thing to do: Look for my OFP-CD wink_o.gif

Hi Guys,

just wanted to leave some greetings here. How are you? Still playing COOP-Nights? I really miss them. I think I will join a game in the next few weeks. Hardly got time at the moment.

First thing to do: Look for my OFP-CD wink_o.gif

Hi Destructive, good to hear from you! Yes, we are still playing, actually we are playing right now (only I am dead).

Looking forward to playing with you again.

Hello i have all bas addons all CIA addons and FDF mod but i cant connect due to missing addons that i definetely have.I even redownloaded some of them but still doesnt let me on.

Hello i have all bas addons all CIA addons and FDF mod but i cant connect due to missing addons that i definetely have.I even redownloaded some of them but still doesnt let me on.

Do you use mod folders? Did you remember to put the pbo's in the addons folder within the mod folder? Did you edit the target line of your shortcut?

What addons are said to be missing?

kegnoecain_snow,KEGrpk74 and editor.102 files r the missing addons my command line is "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -mod=@bas;@CIA;@finmod kegnoecain_snow,KEGrpk74 are in @CIA addons.

kegnoecain_snow,KEGrpk74 and editor.102 files r the missing addons my command line is "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -mod=@bas;@CIA;@finmod kegnoecain_snow,KEGrpk74 are in @CIA addons.

Codex try putting the problematic addons in finmod\addons folder, see if that helps. Add me to your MSN, it's on my profile.

Hi all,

server is up, though you cant see it in the Server list. Please type in th ip Adress via the Remote-Button.

Adress is "ciahome.net"

Port is 2302

See you!

Tony

Hi all,

what do you think about playing missions like this: PLA Montignac on the server?

It is "PvP Coop" style or A&D (I use those two terms interchangeably). For those of you who are not familiar with A&D (attack and defend) missions:

It doesn't mean CTF, TDM or C&H which may come into your mind first when you read PvP.

It is more like a Coop mission with human players on either side. So you don't play against AI only but against humans (who command AI groups).

The mission linked above is for a maximum of 18 players but the mission designer recommends 5 players on either side (so 10 players in total). With this number of players there would be 1 platoon commander and 4 other humans who are in command of a seperate group with 7 AI soldiers each.

The platoon commander is in charge of the other 4 humans and their AI groups and can give them waypoints on the map with the Ofp action menu.

Roll call:

Who is interested in playing this kind of mission(s)?

If there are enough interested players I'd like to try it outside of the regular Ofp Coop nights - I think there would be a lot of moaning if I just wanted to play this kind of mission during a regular Coop night thus I want to do it seperately for now.

It requires a bit different style of play then we are used to from the missions we usually play on the server but if you are interested in trying something new report here wink_o.gif

Hi all,

what do you think about playing missions like this: PLA Montignac on the server?

It is "PvP Coop" style or A&D (I use those two terms interchangeably). For those of you who are not familiar with A&D (attack and defend) missions:

It doesn't mean CTF, TDM or C&H which may come into your mind first when you read PvP.

It is more like a Coop mission with human players on either side. So you don't play against AI only but against humans (who command AI groups).

The mission linked above is for a maximum of 18 players but the mission designer recommends 5 players on either side (so 10 players in total). With this number of players there would be 1 platoon commander and 4 other humans who are in command of a seperate group with 7 AI soldiers each.

The platoon commander is in charge of the other 4 humans and their AI groups and can give them waypoints on the map with the Ofp action menu.

Roll call:

Who is interested in playing this kind of mission(s)?

If there are enough interested players I'd like to try it outside of the regular Ofp Coop nights - I think there would be a lot of moaning if I just wanted to play this kind of mission during a regular Coop night thus I want to do it seperately for now.

It requires a bit different style of play then we are used to from the missions we usually play on the server but if you are interested in trying something new report here  wink_o.gif

I'm up for it and I know Beowulf will be glad to play that Kind of game mode too.

I'd definitely be up for it, in fact I was pitching something like this to Var on MSN a few weeks ago. I'm not too crazy about playing it with AI, but I'd still be up for it.

I'm not too crazy about playing it with AI, but I'd still be up for it.

Yes, leaving the AI out would be the best case. But in my opinion we cannot afford this with the low number of players we have.

Alright, so with Variable, Beowulf Staos Six and zwobot we are 5 players (if you all show up).

A few more players would be nice, but I hope or think that some might bump in on a short notice...

I suggest to meet on the server on Friday at 20:00 CET (same time as the Coop nights normally start).

I will be working friday from 18:30 CET to 03:00 CET.

Since you are on a completely different time zone, maybe it's better if you suggest a time? BTW, I'm good with friday.

The only day I'm available this week is Wednesday, but that's the regular coop night day, so unless you all want to just do it beforehand, I won't know until next week.

Combat footage from "Dirty dozen"

STGN counter sniping:

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?....od7.jpg

Axe pulling security while STGN (promoted to squad leader by now) is scanning the horizon at the "ridge of death":

http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?....gg9.jpg

SMAW gunner getting set to engage enemy armor:

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=atreadyth7.jpg

rundll.exe saluting fallen comrades on the ridge of death:

http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=salutingthedeaddf0.jpg

And some more posing:

http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=posingbt3.jpg

The rest of the decimated squad approaching Le Moule:

http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=approachinglemoulehv1.jpg

The only day I'm available this week is Wednesday, but that's the regular coop night day, so unless you all want to just do it beforehand, I won't know until next week.

What about next week's Tuesday? Or tell us any other date you are available for the A&D trial.

Tuesday after 23:00 CET would work, and I have off all day monday.

23:00 is very late.

Monday at 20:00 CET? What do you others think?

23:00 is very late.

Monday at 20:00 CET? What do you others think?

I can.

Hi Mates,

i think i can be there aswell.

If we need more of this Date-Stuff, we can try to use "Doodle". Looks like a nice freeware scheduler. I just made a test-Doodle for this one, so you can see what it is about.

Link: http://www.doodle.ch/f396eprc6fdhzd6e

Change Languge on the bottom of the page. Maybe that can be done better next time ;-).

You can just add your Name and set the time which fits for you.

Cheers

Tony

Ah yeah, nice idea Tony. I've been thinking of making a doodle calendar for this, too. However in my experience only a small part of people participate in these calendars.

Well let's see...