Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

Hi the link to updated grafics on your forum dosen't seem to work. where can I get it, or can I play with out it?

STGN

Hi the link to updated grafics on your forum dosen't seem to work. where can I get it, or can I play with out it?

STGN

yeah the files were removed already from that source. sputnik said he will upload them to the CiA website itself where they will stay for good. sputink- any news there?

Anyway STGN, you don't need these files inorder to play. Hoping to see you tonight.

I'll see what I can do. I don't have the original RAR archives any more but some how have the addons installed. I'll need to put a RAR together from my addon folder and make a new read me. I'll see about doing it on my days off this week or next week.

dxdshot1215972542gf9.jpg

Tony, nice bangs.

dxdshot1215989447et7.jpg

We have completed the whole 5 episodes of Karjala 2005 campaign! Good job everyone. It was great...

Yeah....That was fun. I didn't think we would make it through the last one, but we did! Mostly due to Variable's accurate motar rounds. Good job team thumbs-up.gif

I'm about to upload a new mission to the server.

In this mission I want to disable the map for the players after the briefing when the mission starts to (hopefully) make things more interesting. You could still see the Notepad where the briefing text is in together with the gear and group screen.

What do you think of that?

That sounds cool, depending on the type of mission. Like a standard sort of "take an objective" mission, I could see that being annoying, but if it was like a search and rescue mission or something, that could add some nice gameplay elements.

Yes, I already thought the same thing Staos because it really is a "take objective" mission (a typical raid with insertion, action on objective and extraction). It is kind of a nice idea but for the wrong type of mission.

Maybe sometime I'll design a CSAR or S&D type mission where this fits in better tounge2.gif

Edit: alright, I've uploaded the mission to the server and even added it to the missions list on google with a comment?

Edited by zwobot

alright, I've uploaded the mission to the server and even added it to the missions list on google with a comment - ain't I a handsome boy?

funny, I can see the mission on the server in filezilla but not in the game itself. no caps or anything. I don't get it.

I can definitely see it in the mission list on the server.

What the hell?! I'm sure it wasnt there when i checked it smile_o.gif

-Edit: check the differnces between this reply and the others i made before. He who will find the differences will receive a free kiss from Zwobot.

What the hell?! I'm sure it wasnt there when i checked it smile_o.gif

-Edit: check the differnces between this reply and the others i made before. He who will find the differences will receive a free kiss from Zwobot.

With tongue?

STGN

Hi Everybody, Sputnik conversion pack is now available to download directly from the CiA website. This highly reccomended pack replaces BIS original units and weapons (e.g regular West and East soldiers, Black Ops, Speznaz, crewmen, pilots and many of the weapons) with RHS and Laser's units. It only requires a simple installation process that includes a mod folder and a config file replacement. We highly reccomend to all of you to use it. It makes the game much more fun smile_o.gif

Example screenshots:

Black Ops (night outfit)

dxdshot1185403937oy6.jpg

West soldiers

dxdshot1198103689om4.jpg

Speznaz

dxdshot1186602990aj7.jpg

M4 (modified XMS)

dxdshot1180566223lz4.jpg

East Sniper

dxdshot1180447700gi6.jpg

Hola!

Maybe you can guess, who likes this replacement best... biggrin_o.gif

Dont miss our Website for the mandatory addons! We have made up links to all needed things, so you will be able to easily download them!

Big thanks to our Webmaster Lobanak, who keeps that stuff all running notworthy.gif

You can also see the links from the CiA Missionlist, which has a extra Addonslist now aswell.

CiA Missionlist

Cheers

Tony

BTW: updated the missionslist a bit --> over 680 working missions on the server atm, 444 completed! So its 236 missions to go, before we replay the really good ones again... pistols.gif

Now, one of my main problems with this mod is laser accurate weapons. This maybe realistic from a real world perspective, but in flashpoint there is no where near as much cover as there should be. So taking a cue from the GRAA mod, I have made a high dispertion version of the config, making firefights longer, more exciting, and in my opinion, more realistic. This is as a gunfight isnt over 10 seconds after its started. It takes some weight of fire for targets above 150-200m to be taken down, and cover becomes a lot more important as an ai will no longer shoot laser accurate and so the less of you exposed, the less likely a shot will hit you, unlike with zero sidpertion, where an AI will zero in on your exposed portions.

Here is the file, I suggest you try it, and if you like it, then may I suggest that this becomes a part of the mod we use.  

http://dodownload.filefront.com/1143051....341f9fa

Disclaimer: this is just a suggestion, and if you dont like it, then fair enough. I just find laser accurate weapons a turn off and horribly unrealistic in a world as devoid of cover as flashpoint.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, so far I have only edited  the Russian and American weapons, soon to do the finish ones.

EDIT2: heres the fdf_conf file with modded finmod weapons, still have ww2 weapons to do, will do that for tomorrow.

http://dodownload.filefront.com/1143108....341f9fa

Now, one of my main problems with this mod is laser accurate weapons. This maybe realistic from a real world perspective, but in flashpoint there is no where near as much cover as there should be. So taking a cue from the GRAA mod, I have made a high dispertion version of the config, making firefights longer, more exciting, and in my opinion, more realistic. This is as a gunfight isnt over 10 seconds after its started. It takes some weight of fire for targets above 150-200m to be taken down, and cover becomes a lot more important as an ai will no longer shoot laser accurate and so the less of you exposed, the less likely a shot will hit you, unlike with zero sidpertion, where an AI will zero in on your exposed portions.

Here is the file, I suggest you try it, and if you like it, then may I suggest that this becomes a part of the mod we use.  

http://dodownload.filefront.com/1143051....341f9fa

Disclaimer: this is just a suggestion, and if you dont like it, then fair enough. I just find laser accurate weapons a turn off and horribly unrealistic in a world as devoid of cover as flashpoint.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, so far I have only edited  the Russian and American weapons, soon to do the finish ones.

EDIT2: heres the fdf_conf file with modded finmod weapons, still have ww2 weapons to do, will do that for tomorrow.

http://dodownload.filefront.com/1143108....341f9fa

(By the way guys, six6six is Mjolnir in game...)

This sounds interesting.

1. Any chance we see a youtube demostration movie?

2. Does this affect the AI's and the players weapons all together?

3. What will be the the installation process?

4. Was this ever tested on dedicated Linux servers?

(By the way guys, six6six is Mjolnir in game...)

This sounds interesting.

1. Any chance we see a youtube demostration movie?

2. Does this affects the AI's and the players weapons all together?

3. What will be the the installation process?

4. Was this ever tested on dedicated Linux servers?

1. My computer isnt good enough for a youtube demo, it lags out when i try recording software.

2. Yes, its a base change to all the weapons.

3. Take the files I put up and over write the current ones you have, so the config would go to the finmod/bin folder, and the fdf_conf file into your addons.

4. It should work, as it is only a minor change to the config, nothing major.

I am just in the process of tweaking for best effect, so it may be ise to wait for me to upload the newer versions before downloading. The versions im using atm, not the uploaded ones, make it so a rifleman has 7 mags, not the 4 you get atm to compensate for ammo expenditure, and as far as I can tell with some research, 7 mags is a realistic combat load.

EDIT: Here is the version I am happy with. It has also done the WW2 weapons. If you want to sugeest any changes, go ahead.

http://dodownload.filefront.com/1143684....341f9fa

OFP crashes quickly in misssion and windows tells me to add -nomap eventhough I allready have added it. When I try your modification I am playing with no replacement config.

Out of curiosity what are you doing to add the dispersion to the weapons?

STGN

I just change the dispersion to 0.02 on most weapons, a bit more or less on some or others. I have had none of the problems you describe, and have played about half the way through the finnish campaign with no problems.

Zwobot's new mission. Check out the cool NVG's model

dxdshot1216843952df4.jpg

dxdshot1217798843yu9.jpg

Right after Danoffski crashed the chopper with his squad. Check the text messages below (hehehehe...)

dxdshot1216841967eu7.jpg

Sorry I haven't been able to make it to many games recently, a guy at work quit on short notice and I've been picking up his shifts, but I have off this whole weekend for the labor day holiday, so I should be able to make it to sunday's game.