Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

I dont mean to sound rude or anything, but is there any reason you use FDF over WGL on this?

To be honest, WGL emphasises team tactics more than FDF in my experience, as the weapons arent unholy accurate with insane zooms, and so there is a lot less area for lone wolfing. There is also the injury thing which makes you stick together for fear of bleeding out.

WGL is indeed a great mod, and many of the CiA's members and guests have tried it more than several times. The main reason for us sticking to finmod is the insane amount of great missions that are available for it. Just to emphasis the numbers- we have 718 missions on the server, some are ofp vanilla, some are BAS missions, but the majority are very good finmod missions. I doubt that WGL has that amount of high quality missions (That many missions are needed since we try to concentrate on playing missions that have not yet been completed and we have already completed 395 missions). There is also the issue of playing converted missions to WGL. Well, in these cases most missions become too tough and unplayable since they were not created to WGL since it's much more realistic.

True, althought i do have around 250 WGL coops, all the Shacktac and Zeus ones. I think there are quite a few more, but like you said, it doesnt quite compare. Although nothing quite compares to a platoon scale mission in WGL. nener.gif

True, althought i do have around 250 WGL coops, all the Shacktac and Zeus ones. I think there are quite a few more, but like you said, it doesnt quite compare. Although nothing quite compares to a platoon scale mission in WGL. nener.gif

Was wondering about WGL too. Now i understand.

By the way, i've seen some shacktac missions played in ArmA (movies) and they're very immersive. Can't wait to play those missions myself! Also, ArmA seems to be a bit more realistic with the sights and weapons, more Infiltration like.

I have installed the Armademo and i find it quite good. When i get a new pc i'm definately getting the full game.

CIA also has an ArmA server, is it running a mod too? (I don't know anything about mods for ArmA yet.)

By the way, i've seen some shacktac missions played in ArmA (movies) and they're very immersive. Can't wait to play those missions myself! Also, ArmA seems to be a bit more realistic with the sights and weapons, more Infiltration like.

I'd really fancy some platoon sized missions like these myself, but the coop nights definitely lack the (amount) of players for that kind of thing. And honestly I don't think that the 'core' players would like to command AI squads, because even with some more players you could not cope with at least some friendly AI running around in the mission...

I'd really fancy some platoon sized missions like these myself, but the coop nights definitely lack the (amount) of players for that kind of thing. And honestly I don't think that the 'core' players would like to command AI squads, because even with some more players you could not cope with at least some friendly AI running around in the mission...

Actually, once you get to Platoon scale missions, Comanding AI, especially WGL AI isnt that bad, cause in my experience, stealth doesnt come into it much. The only thing needed really is a lot of patience, both on the part of the platoon comander, and the other players.

True, althought i do have around 250 WGL coops, all the Shacktac and Zeus ones. I think there are quite a few more, but like you said, it doesnt quite compare. Although nothing quite compares to a platoon scale mission in WGL.  nener.gif

Was wondering about WGL too. Now i understand.

I have installed the Armademo and i find it quite good. When i get a new pc i'm definately getting the full game.

CIA also has an ArmA server, is it running a mod too?  (I don't know anything about mods for ArmA yet.)

Zeep, our arma server doesn't run any mod at the moment. click on the relevant link in my signature for more CiA ArmA coop nights details.

Zeep, our arma server doesn't run any mod at the moment. click on the relevant link in my signature for more CiA ArmA coop nights details.

Thanks. Last night i discovered the CIA ArmA coop thread. Loved the screenshots and the video that was posted also showed the in-game coms and action.

Anyway for my further ArmA related questions i will use that part of the forum, don't want to OT this thread.

And with that back OT, i think i will actually be able to join the sunday OFP coop session. If work permits, ya i work on sundays too wink_o.gif, i'll join in at some point. Hope to see you guys there then.

Captured BMP crewed by Danoffski (gunner) and jäger (driver) firing it's AT-3 at a stationary T-80 in Arudy...

img207....th.jpg

...and missing badly...

img529....th.jpg

...engaging enemy infantry with the coax...

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187....MG]

...destroying another T-80 in a close fight...

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206....MG]

...and finally the BMP gets destroyed by it's own crew with an RPG.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267....MG]

Llauma's opening post has been edited. It now says that the password has been removed and it contains a link to the addons page in the CiA website. Some changes has been made in the rules section too. Nothing major though.

Counter attack in the mission "Rebel Extermination" getting destroyed by ZSU (manned by Perkele).

zsusy7.th.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Counter attack in the mission "Rebel Extermination" getting destroyed by ZSU (manned by Perkele).

Perkele is a superb small arms player, don't see him going for the heavy weapons much smile_o.gif

I logged on some time after this, Perkele was gone but I had the honor to serve with the legend Kenwort.

Blood Bath

bloodbathpc1.jpg

A failed take off attempt. At least I lived to walk away.

failedtakeoffjx1.jpg

A T72 took a shot at me, luckilly for me a barn blocked the shot. Unluckilly for my squad they were all in the barn.

killedbytankinbarnqc4.jpg

A huge amount of AI Guerillas

81490504ic8.jpg

A crap load of Russian MVD holding a castle which the Guerillas soon charged against with a human wave assault.

85761916rb3.jpg

The walls are clear now.

64064162uc0.jpg

Ian? Takes out two MVD soldiers manning an AA gun on the roof of the central keep of the castle.

37784823jf3.jpg

Ian? Takes out two MVD soldiers manning an AA gun on the roof of the central keep of the castle.

37784823jf3.jpg

Dude that was me, Ian was dead by then, I guess you remember how he died tounge2.gif . But nice pictures, I'm eagerly awaiting sunday  smile_o.gif

Dude that was me, Ian was dead by then, I guess you remember how he died tounge2.gif . But nice pictures, I'm eagerly awaiting sunday smile_o.gif

Teamkill/Friendly Fire? Shame on you Sputnik wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Are you all planning on playing today?

Sure! Please join TS (address in the first post) and get all the addons from www.ciahome.net. See you on the server.

I am busy protecting next sunday evening free in order to play with you guys again, I really hope I can come to strengthen/weaken* the team! pistols.gif

* please cross whatever suits you

ha, i already wondered, where the crazy flying dutchman hides... would be nice to see you online - hope to see you :-)

Tony M.

I am busy protecting next sunday evening free in order to play with you guys again, I really hope I can come to strengthen/weaken* the team! pistols.gif

* please cross whatever suits you

Ah great... I really hope your efforts will bear fruits post. I miss you man.

Hi everybody. since the euro finals, i think there will be low attendance tonight, so ill be back to play after the finals.

[CiA]Post

dxdshot1215029830fn2.jpg

Great games tonight guys! Two missions completed, had much fun. Thanks everybody! yay.gif

Great games indeed! Thanks to all who joined, too bad we crashed during that last mission.

btw Variable, I changed that thing you suggested, choppers are now set to aware. thanks!

cya on Sunday!

Great games indeed! Thanks to all who joined, too bad we crashed during that last mission.

btw Variable, I changed that thing you suggested, choppers are now set to aware. thanks!

cya on Sunday!

Post, check your mission thread on the CiA forums.

And, for some screenshots:

dxdshot1215637593kz2.jpg

Invasion Maldevic Part 5 finally completed! yay.gif

dxdshot1215639078pg4.jpg

dxdshot1215642181fg5.jpg

Thanks to all who participated, see you all next time  thumbs-up.gif