Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

Oh yes it was quite shocking to come around the corner and see the 12.7mm machinegun pointed at my virtual face. You must have spotted the guys before Tony, thanks that you did not reveal them to us - it would have destroyed the surprise smile_o.gif

I have not checked it but I believe what caused the floating ammo tent in my mission was a handgrenade I threw into the walls near it. It's kind of a Ofp bug.

One more screenie from sundays game (Maldevic crisis it was I believe):

p><p>That is strange: sometimes the imageshack thumbnail URLs work, sometimes they donhttp://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/crazy_o.gif' alt='crazy_o.gif'>

yeah, i love to see you getting shot when im dead biggrin_o.gif

but you messed up my short luck of sadism... damn!

Good missions nevertheless!

It was really nice to play with you all again, it had been a few weeks for me since I was able to do so. Hopefully I can make it on sunday as well, good games! smile_o.gif

We had good games last night. One long mission was even completed with the first try with only 2 casualties. We welcome all the new players and wish them a nice stay with us!

The scoreboard for that one WW2 Finnish mission... var was pulling his weight.

flashp22008040919041931vt7.jpg

The scoreboard for that one WW2 Finnish mission... var was pulling his weight.

Well the credit should go to that Russian machine gun I have looted from a fallen enemy. I simply can't miss with it. pretty unrealistic I must say, MG's should have a significant dispersion, and the finmod's WW2 era Mg's have none what so ever, even at long distances.

Too high dispersion machineguns are more pointless in Ofp than in reallife because suppression is non existant in Ofp.

True. but the ww2 finmod Mg's feels almost like sniper rifles without magnification sights. their availability makes the use of regular rifles pointless.

I updated my al maldajah mission and shifted the mission time for the night a bit to avoid the hig water tide that flooded some mission objects.

What did you want me to do with all the stuff I fraps'd last session? It's about 20GB thanks to frap's lack of compression.

What did you want me to do with all the stuff I fraps'd last session? It's about 20GB thanks to frap's lack of compression.

Same question here, let's wait for Kenwort's reply on the CiA forums.

Is there a alternative download for FDF Desert Pack? All the FDF mirrors seems to be down and I couldnt find another place to download it on google either..

Thanks in advance wink_o.gif

Is there a alternative download for FDF Desert Pack? All the FDF mirrors seems to be down and I couldnt find another place to download it on google either..

Thanks in advance wink_o.gif

The links on the following site seem to work:

http://www.elisanet.fi/fdf/en_downloads.html

P.S. my OFP Watch keeps on not-showing server status and players, dammit.

Thanks, it seems that i cant find a working download for the extra BAS addons either, do you know a location for that?

Thanks, it seems that i cant find a working download for the extra BAS addons either, do you know a location for that?

Here you go:

BAS classics

Here you go:

BAS classics

Sparks you may want to use this link instead- http://ewe.dy.fi/temp/ciabas/, it containss the pbo's themselves so you would not have to deal with unpacking rar files with all sorts of different kinds of files.

The server seems to be down atm, will it be up soon again?

Cheers

I dont mean to sound rude or anything, but is there any reason you use FDF over WGL on this?

To be honest, WGL emphasises team tactics more than FDF in my experience, as the weapons arent unholy accurate with insane zooms, and so there is a lot less area for lone wolfing. There is also the injury thing which makes you stick together for fear of bleeding out.

I dont mean to sound rude or anything, but is there any reason you use FDF over WGL on this?

To be honest, WGL emphasises team tactics more than FDF in my experience, as the weapons arent unholy accurate with insane zooms, and so there is a lot less area for lone wolfing. There is also the injury thing which makes you stick together for fear of bleeding out.

WGL is indeed a great mod, and many of the CiA's members and guests have tried it more than several times. The main reason for us sticking to finmod is the insane amount of great missions that are available for it. Just to emphasis the numbers- we have 718 missions on the server, some are ofp vanilla, some are BAS missions, but the majority are very good finmod missions. I doubt that WGL has that amount of high quality missions (That many missions are needed since we try to concentrate on playing missions that have not yet been completed and we have already completed 395 missions). There is also the issue of playing converted missions to WGL. Well, in these cases most missions become too tough and unplayable since they were not created to WGL since it's much more realistic.