Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

Damn you Pulverizer!

I think you might be a perfect hardware store!

If i ever get your private Adress i´ll come up for a short visit on a dark night when you are not at home ;-).

And if we get shot by any foes in the future i will always blame you... nener.gif

see ya!

TM

I can't remember it's name. It is on winter Kolgujev, your helicopter is shot down and you have to find a way back off the island. It has random starting positions for each player and you have to link up with the other ones. We already played it a few weeks ago but on last Wednesday we completed it smile_o.gif

i guess that's cold escape (co@_05_fdf_cold_escape.kegnoecain_snow.pbo). ill update the list then smile_o.gif

Hola Comrades!

nice Games, thx to all for participating.

Perfect work on the very nice mission from lenin (keep on doing that stuff, dude thumbs-up.gif and thx for it! ) , in which we were great!

Loking forward on the next meeting!

TM

Agreed. Lenins mission was completed with a nice team effort. In the middle I really wondered how Pulverizer managed to spot all those enemy patrols - I had to ask three times for bearing and range to be able to spot them smile_o.gif

yeah that was a great mission and the first multiplayer mission I've completed smile_o.gif. I agree it was really hard to see the patrols but my laptops old and is running ofp at 800x600 and I'm also not used to the degree system (I'm really used to NSWE cardinal directions). Can't wait for Sunday!

Hola Comrades!

nice Games, thx to all for participating.

Perfect work on the very nice mission from lenin (keep on doing that stuff, dude thumbs-up.gif and thx for it! ) , in which we were great!

Loking forward on the next meeting!

TM

Agreed. Lenins mission was completed with a nice team effort. In the middle I really wondered how Pulverizer managed to spot all those enemy patrols - I had to ask three times for bearing and range to be able to spot them  smile_o.gif

yeah that was a great mission and the first multiplayer mission I've completed smile_o.gif.  I agree it was really hard to see the patrols but my laptops old and is running ofp at 800x600 and I'm also not used to the degree system (I'm really used to NSWE cardinal directions).  Can't wait for Sunday!

Goldennugget, welcome aboard! completing coop missions is CiA's profession smile_o.gif check our mission list to see the proof wink_o.gif (You can access it through the CiA homepage)

dxdshot1203539339gy1.jpg

Some screenshots from last night's games. Thanks to all that have joined! Berry and Goldennugget- welcome aboard.

dxdshot1204495090kb9.jpg

dxdshot1204493193fz5.jpg

dxdshot1204489846bn8.jpg

dxdshot1204487804hg1.jpg

Don't smile lenin, Pulverizer is about to crash us all into the river in a second.

dxdshot1205359317yz8.jpg

dxdshot1204759709ty0.jpg

Thanks for the games everyone!

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>An important announcement!

In order to reach more community players we have removed the password protection from the server. If you try to connect with the old password, you will get an error message saying that the password is wrong. Make sure to remove it before connecting to the server.</span>

I'm back home now, so I look forward to joining you on Sunday smile_o.gif

Just a quick question, we are going by CET daylight savings time and not the DST in any other time zone, correct? For some reason they pushed up DST in my time zone about two weeks, so I think I may be an hour early.

Hello all, i'm new around here. I come from the Infiltration community, a military infantry fps build on the unreal tournament 99 engine. I'm reinstalling OFP Goty now and i'm looking to play some good COOP games, a quick search brought me to this thread.

I mostly played OFP and Resistance single player missions back in the days, never finished them all though and only ever managed one or two games online, sadly.

My questions are: Is this COOP night still going and when are the best times for new players to join in without disrupting the game? wink_o.gif

Are all the mods and addons mentioned on the first page still valid? If not, please inform me what i need to install, preferably with some instructions / how-to's or a link to a good FAQ section.

Thanks and cya!

Hi zeep,

the game nights are still taking place on Wednesdays and Sunday 20.00 GMT+1 (GMT+2 after next Sunday).

The addons mentioned in the first post are still valid, too. Make sure to get them all, most importantly the FDF mod 1.4 with it's extra addons and updates.

Furthermore Teamspeak is a must have for voice communication, you don't need a mic or have to say anything on TS if you don't want to but it is mandatory to receive the vocal orders of the leader(s).

Newbies don't disturb us in our games so join whenever you have time and motivation to play. The only thing we ask you to do is obey the rules listed in the first post.

Now something different:

I made a another small mission named "co@_24_fdf_bear_mountain" on Al Maldajah, it is already uploaded to the server as version 1-0-0. I hope I can get rid of some bugs (I'm never using AI controlled choppers again in Ofp MP missions, they are a real pain) until tonights gamenight and upload the latest version 1-0-1.

Anyway here is the briefing for anyone who wants to actually read it - I know most people don't really read the MP briefings and I don't do it either most of the time.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

PLAN SECTION:

- Afghanistan in the 1980s -

You are going to air assault a suspected mujahideen hideout in a small remote green zone.

We want to kill as many enemies as possible, take prisoners, salvage maps etc. and force the rest to withdraw out of the AO.

INTEL

Enemy forces:

There are approximately 20 to 40 mujahideen fighters in the green zone.

They are said to be well trained, reasonably motivated, moderately entrenched and well equipped.

Friendly forces:

1 platoon of air assault infantry. No support weapons.

Transports:

The platoon will be inserted and extracted by Mi-8 helicopters. Air support is not available.

EXECUTION

1st and 2nd squad will be inserted at LZ Bishop, 3rd squad's insertion zone is LZ Rook.

2nd and 3rd squads are the blocking force. Their task is to block enemy escape routes to the west and east at the blocking positions Pin and Fork.

1st squad waits at blocking position Check until the other 2 squads are deployed at their blocking positions and then begins a sweep through the green zone to destroy the enemy fighters located there.

It is vital not to start the sweep before 2nd and 3rd squads are deployed at their blocking positions or to get involved in heavy fighting as the enemy will be warned of our presence and start to withdraw.

There will not be a preliminary bombardment of the landing zones or the green zone to keep the effect of surprise on our side as long as possible.

Rules of engagement:

Do not harm enemy fighters who surrender to you. We want to get them to our headquarters for interrogation.

TERRAIN AND WEATHER

MISSION OBJECTIVES

Kill many mujahideen figthers

MISSION NOTES:

Featuring AI infoshare, AI surrender by General Barron and chopper land scripts by snYpir. Inspired by- and based on several reports from "Bear went over the Mountain" (look it up on the google book search, it is fully available there).

Your enemies might surrender when they are outnumbered and out of ammo. After the surrender (hopefully) an action "Take captive" will appear when you are near them; the action will make the surrendered unit disappear.

Shooting surrendered enemies will earn you negative points that might have a bad influence on the outcome of the mission.

Here is a small screenshot what the AO looks like with all those pretty markers. Who wants to take a guess which part of Al Maldajah that is?

briefingpk3.th.jpg

Quote[/b] ]I know most people don't really read the MP briefings and I don't do it either most of the time

Ideally, the map should tell you all you really need to know. Friendly assets, enemy assets and the battle plan/objectives. Quite often even the longest briefings fail to give you that basic information.

Like, you might not know that you have transport vehicles, some crew-served weapons or even a MBT at your disposal. And often, you will have no clue what kind of forces you might be facing (numbers, do they have tanks, air support and such).

Ideally, the map should tell you all you really need to know. Friendly assets, enemy assets and the battle plan/objectives. Quite often even the longest briefings fail to give you that basic information.

Like, you might not know that you have transport vehicles, some crew-served weapons or even a MBT at your disposal. And often, you will have no clue what kind of forces you might be facing (numbers, do they have tanks, air support and such).

I think my briefings fulfill these criteria although it is not possible to always tell the players what's going only on with the map.

But I meant people tend to skip the briefing because everybody else is hassling to green up and there is no time to read the whole briefing if you don't want that all the other players are only waiting for to finish the briefing (or perhaps it's only me who feels uncomfortable when others are waiting for me...).

Hello all, i'm new around here. I come from the Infiltration community, a military infantry fps build on the unreal tournament 99 engine. I'm reinstalling OFP Goty now and i'm looking to play some good COOP games, a quick search brought me to this thread.

I mostly played OFP and Resistance single player missions back in the days, never finished them all though and only ever managed one or two games online, sadly.

My questions are: Is this COOP night still going and when are the best times for new players to join in without disrupting the game?  wink_o.gif

Are all the mods and addons mentioned on the first page still valid? If not, please inform me what i need to install, preferably with some instructions / how-to's or a link to a good FAQ section.

Thanks and cya!

Zeep,

Some of the addons links in the opening post of this thread are broken. Please visit our website http://www.ciahome.net/ as it includes, under the "Addons" section, active download links. For a good FAQ of how to properly install the finmod server and its addons visit http://www.elisanet.fi/fdf/en_help.html#addons.

Looking forward to playing with you!

Quote[/b] ]But I meant people tend to skip the briefing because everybody else is hassling to green up and there is no time to read the whole briefing if you don't want that all the other players are only waiting for to finish the briefing (or perhaps it's only me who feels uncomfortable when others are waiting for me...).

Zwobot,

First of all let me say that I anticipate playing your mission as I was always fascinated about the Afghanistan war (the first one), so I am glad that you have chosen it as the topic of your mission.

Now about the briefing issue: I can say for myself that I always read the whole briefing before I green up. It's part of the enjoyment of the game as it adds (if the briefing is written well) to immersion and to being effective against the enemy. I know that at least Tony do so as well. Sometimes the briefing has been already read in past attempts so people green up immediately the moment they reach the briefing screen. So if you, or anyone else feels pressured, please don't hurry to green up and finish reading all the briefing.

here in CiA we are serious about what we do and part of it is reading the briefing and not rushing into the mission. Greening up means that the player have read and understand the briefing and the mission plan, if one such was discussed. So all, please take your time and be patient to others on the briefing screen! smile_o.gif

I hope your expectations on my mission won't get disappointed. By the way: I would say the mission is best playable with 8 to 10 players (although there are 24 slots). The other slots are there to add a bit of flexibility in case there are more than 8 players. The AI for the non-player groups don't need to be disabled; the AI groups have waypoints and their presence adds a bit of immersion in my opinion (gives you a bit of the feeling to take part in an actual platoon or so sized operation...) and they are an integrated part of the general mission plan as you can tell from the briefing.

crazy_o.gif I am always worried about my missions because I can't tell if everything works out the way I want and if the mission fits the style of the players who will use it. I will find out when we play it...

You really should take a look into "The Bear went over the Mountain" if you are interested in the 1980s Afghanistan war. Tehre are lots of action reports from company to bataillon sized forces leaders with comments from other (russian) officers.

Thanks for the welcome guys, appreciate it. I'll try to join in this weekend but i first have to setup binds and things. At the moment i feel like i'm controlling a drunk driver in-game tounge2.gif.

I installed GRAA 3.0 and it makes everything look much nicer. The FFUR was a bit too heavy on my cpu so i uninstalled it already.

This link, http://www.elisanet.fi/fdf/en_help.html#addons, sure helps! I'll probably have everything installed later tonight. Don't worry about out-of-date links, i can google for stuff that's missing.

Cheers!

I hope your expectations on my mission won't get disappointed. By the way: I would say the mission is best playable with 8 to 10 players (although there are 24 slots). The other slots are there to add a bit of flexibility in case there are more than 8 players. The AI for the non-player groups don't need to be disabled; the AI groups have waypoints and their presence adds a bit of immersion in my opinion (gives you a bit of the feeling to take part in an actual platoon or so sized operation...) and they are an integrated part of the general mission plan as you can tell from the briefing.

crazy_o.gif  I am always worried about my missions because I can't tell if everything works out the way I want and if the mission fits the style of the players who will use it. I will find out when we play it...

You really should take a look into "The Bear went over the Mountain" if you are interested in the 1980s Afghanistan war. Tehre are lots of action reports from company to bataillon sized forces leaders with comments from other (russian) officers.

Yeah, once, when I mentioned that I am interested about the afghan war, a friend told me to get that book smile_o.gif in your link it seems to be all there! I might start reading in front of the screen hehe.

it's for 8-10 players? why havn't you said so when we played last coop night? I thought it's too big for us so that's why I didnt choose it while being the admin.

Quote[/b] ]I installed GRAA 3.0 and it makes everything look much nicer. The FFUR was a bit too heavy on my cpu so i uninstalled it already.

Zeep I think that you won't be able to run GRAA along with finmod. But don't worry, finmod makes stuff look better too.

it's for 8-10 players? why havn't you said so when we played last coop night? I thought it's too big for us so that's why I didnt choose it while being the admin.

We tried to play it after you had gone, sorry tounge2.gif

But we cancelled it anyway because someone - it was Overlord if I remember correctly - got disconnected from the server in the mission's slot selection screen. He said he had all the addons so I have no clue what went wrong.

Thanks for the games everyone! We welcome all the new-joiners and wish you all good coop experience here at CiA smile_o.gif

Some screenshots:

dxdshot1206650727me3.jpg

dxdshot1206570879dq5.jpg

dxdshot1206563353pf2.jpg

dxdshot1206558732ia9.jpg

dxdshot1206311214db2.jpg

dxdshot1206309878oy6.jpg

Thanks for the welcome guys, appreciate it. I'll try to join in this weekend but i first have to setup binds and things. At the moment i feel like i'm controlling a drunk driver in-game tounge2.gif.

I installed GRAA 3.0 and it makes everything look much nicer. The FFUR was a bit too heavy on my cpu so i uninstalled it already.

This link, http://www.elisanet.fi/fdf/en_help.html#addons, sure helps! I'll probably have everything installed later tonight. Don't worry about out-of-date links, i can google for stuff that's missing.

Cheers!

Hey Zeep! It's GoldenNugget from inf smile_o.gif.

Looks like you guys are having lots of fun. I wish I could join in but got to focus on my studying right now.

salutezx1.th.jpg

Our medic (Shoot Me), saluting only minutes before he got KIA rip2.gif

Yeah, and here you can see zwobot chasing some hidden guys ;-).

usthemzs4.th.jpg

Nice mission, but a bit much to run about...