Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

The server runs finmod + BAS addons and those are required to join and are active all the time but we do occassially play missions that wouldn't actually require any addons.

These are the three basic kind of missions we play:

1) Resistance

2) BAS

3) Finmod

But we do not switch mods for them, just play with finmod+bas all the time.

On top of adding ridiculous amounts of new islands, objects, weapons, soldiers and vehicles, FDFmod also changes the default sounds, visual fx, weapon & bullet values etc.

Some screens from tuesday pistols.gif

The coastal defence gets kicked by brave soldiers

cia12.jpg

Guba is ready to face a bullet from my SVD

cia11.jpg

We finished it! More then 2 hours of playing and no casualties on our side.  yay.gif

cia13.jpg

hey, yeah, that was fun!

Here is a little Story from one of the nights a week ago...

Valhalian tries to take out a M1 here... satcheling

1firsttryjx4.jpg

ready for touch off!

2blow1gm3.jpg

birdie roll over due to shockwave  crazy_o.gif

3explosionsc9.jpg

... abrams survivied, so another satchel was attached

4secondhk3.jpg

After touch off 2: Crew bailed out, and things got exiting...

5actionbu9.jpg

.. and took down Valhalian! goodnight.gif

6endiq4.jpg

Nice one!

Hm, I have a weird problem... Islands like eastborder won't load in MP. I just get an error that say "Cannot load eastborder.wrp" or something like that and the game exits to desktop. I don't have this problem in singleplayer... If I have the island preloaded into memory before MP and the same island is used in the chosen mission there's no trouble.

I hope it doesn't bother you too much if I go and preload an island if a mission that we play is on e.g eastborder. I'm not sure with what islands I have this problem with, but I think it's only some FDF islands.

Potachka told me that the "Recon CoOp Server" has a lot of nice Tonal islands missions. According to "Operation Flashpoint Statistics Center" they do have a lot of them. I think I'll go there and do some mission hunting...

Hicks (Mara-23), I don't think it will be a problem for us to wait for you to preload the island of the mission.

Video compilation of clips from last night:

video xvid mp3 140MB

Features brutal violence against dumb AI. If you dislike badass heavy metal ass-kickin' tunes you are adviced to mute your speakers before playback.

video xvid mp3 140MB

Features brutal violence against dumb AI. If you dislike badass heavy metal ass-kickin' tunes you are adviced to mute your speakers before playback.

I liked the movie pulv, you chose nice scenes to put in it. I especially liked seeing alpha team's part- the action me and my teamates in Bravo didn't get to see.

1. Pulv, can you post here links to your BN tracers and the cool fire and smoke effects you use?

2. How do you move like that when you are dead? it doesnt seem like the seagull's dynamics.

3. About the resistance unit's you use- can we implement it in Sputnik's unit replacement?

1. To have the tracers added to each unit automaticly requires some modification to the Soldier base class and some extra scripts so it's not exactly a drag and drop procedure. I'll post the instructions at some point after I fix a few things, such as tracers for silenced weapons.

The fire and smoke fx are nicked from SLX mod so I can't distribute them separately without permission but I can write instructions at some point how to add them to your data files by yourself.

2. I modified the spectator script so that it gives me the option to launch the camera tool after I die.

In finmod/dta/scripts.pbo:onPlayerRespawnAsSeagull.sqs after line:

FDF_seagull = _seagull

Add:

onMapSingleClick{if(_alt)then{FDF_Seagull exec "camera.sqs"}else{FDF_Seagull setpos _pos};true}

Then hold alt and click on the map to execute camera.sqs

3. Yeah, I added them Rebels to that config for laughs while waiting for a more suitable replacement.

Damn thats a very nice video Pulverizer thumbs-up.gif The effects look very good and so do the tracers... Youve covered a lot of nice missions that weve played. I see you even have the moment when I shot Variable in the arm biggrin_o.gif

Cool video Pulverizer!

I am a bit surprised to see you shooting in full auto mode with an M4 like that; and the video just made me aware of how ridiculously overmodeled the muzzle flashes in Ofp seem to be biggrin_o.gif

video xvid mp3 140MB

Mind putting that on YT maybe?

Cool video Pulverizer!

I am a bit surprised to see you shooting in full auto mode with an M4 like that; and the video just made me aware of how ridiculously overmodeled the muzzle flashes in Ofp seem to be  biggrin_o.gif

I think the reason for the auto fire and the excessive muzzle flash was that pulv was firing an MG, not an M4 smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Mind putting that on YT maybe?

I don't mind if someone else does. I could do something better though for that purpose from all the clips I've accumulated, to have more varied action in a tighter package.

... If you meant that you're just too lazy to download a video file, well, you wouldn't really see what's going on most of the time with the Youtube video compression.

Quote[/b] ]I think the reason for the auto fire and the excessive muzzle flash was that pulv was firing an MG, not an M4

I was firing a M4 on auto in a couple of the parts, not to a great success.

Some nice games tonight, three missions were completed! a job well done..

everybody are requested to respond when the leader addresses them specificaly. it's very frustrating not to know if your orders have been understood or not. especially when you have a rotten accent like mine wink_o.gif So, report 'Roger' once you have received an order and understood it. upon completion of the assigned task report 'Ready'. You can report via teamspeak or via the ingame report system.

And now, for some screenshots!

dxdshot1199304928fo2.jpg

dxdshot1199917890oi7.jpg

dxdshot1200857688ix9.jpg

dxdshot1200859424cq1.jpg

I'm really sorry for that last mission guys... all that walking and then the anti-climax. I'll shorten it a bit and remove the question marks so we can get killed earlier like we are used to wink_o.gif

You know, according to the mission list we're about halfway... we finished 328 out of 661 missions. Nice going wink_o.gif

You know, according to the mission list we're about halfway... we finished 328 out of 661 missions. Nice going wink_o.gif

indeed, we really sweep through it real fast, last night 4 missions were completed, i think our average is something like 2 missions completed in one coop night. The thing im worried about is that we will end up with only few missions to choose from, so we need to pump more missions to the server. all of you guys that have finmod/bas/tonal missions that do not appear on the CiA server mission list please send them over to one of the CiA members.

We also need to think about expanding to some more mods/addons. The USMC and Laser addons are really good, but are there any good coop missions for them, in a significant number?

all of you guys that have finmod/bas/tonal missions that do not appear on the CiA server mission list please send them over to one of the CiA members.

We also need to think about expanding to some more mods/addons. The USMC and Laser addons are really good, but are there any good coop missions for them, in a significant number?

Mh I don't think so.

What about something like CoIn2 (Counter Insurgency)? It can be ported to pretty much any addon (pack) in a few minutes; the stock version needs the Cti markers for the DAC but that could be changed with only one parameter (the Cti markers aren't that big deal anyway).

It is one of those dynamic missions where units and camps are created with DAC and variables keep track of various parameters which influence what uprades of intel, support asstes and whatnot the players can buy. Maybe the progress can even be saved in MP but I am not sure about that.

I /might/ be back for tonight's game... I recently got a job, and between that and school I've been very busy... we'll see.

hi guys,

due to some problems to our CiA Server, we switched to Pulverizers ewe - Server for tonights games.

TS is sitll the regular one!

CU

Tony

Hola Comrades!

nice Games, thx to all for participating.

Perfect work on the very nice mission from lenin (keep on doing that stuff, dude thumbs-up.gif and thx for it! ) , in which we were great!

Loking forward on the next meeting!

TM

Hola Comrades!

nice Games, thx to all for participating.

Perfect work on the very nice mission from lenin (keep on doing that stuff, dude thumbs-up.gif and thx for it! ) , in which we were great!

Loking forward on the next meeting!

TM

Agreed. Lenins mission was completed with a nice team effort. In the middle I really wondered how Pulverizer managed to spot all those enemy patrols - I had to ask three times for bearing and range to be able to spot them smile_o.gif

Got a 22" widescreen @ 1680x1050. I'll spot a moving infantry group up to a kilometer away xmas_o.gif