Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

I am so sorry about wednesday's game... my brother just came limping into my room and said he broke his ankle, so of course I had to get him to the hospital... turns out it was just sprained badly.

Again, so sorry for having to leave just as we were gonna attack.

Those of you ArmA players will be glad to hear that CiA has a new ArmA server ready for action. We still need to decide how we use it in terms of the day of week in which we will play it (Seems as if we are still reluctant to replace one of the flashpoint nights with an ArmA night). As soon as we will sort out this issue we will post a proper annoncement in the relevant forum and declare the opening of high quality ArmA coop nights in the best tradition of CiA, so stay tuned!

I'd really fancy some Arma coop in good old Cia style. However my framerates tend to be a bit low especially when the grass is enabled in a mission.

Are you going to start early on sunday and play some Arma before Ofp, Variable?

I am so sorry about wednesday's game... my brother just came limping into my room and said he broke his ankle, so of course I had to get him to the hospital... turns out it was just sprained badly

You stopped playing Flashpoint just because your brother broke his ankle? Man.. your priorities are all messed up wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Are you going to start early on sunday and play some Arma before Ofp, Variable?

I'm up for it, let's meet at 19:30 CET on Teamspeak and play ArmA until the coop night start. Who will join us?

Get the Kegetys' lowplants or some mod that removes grass altogether Zwobot. Might not be enough though, in my experience you need a steady 60 fps for ArmA to be as responsive as OFP at 15.

Lowplants is based on Queens Gambit content? I don't have it (yet icon_rolleyes.gif ) and am not planning to get it soon. Is lowplants multiplayer compatible in the first place?

I was contemplating Q's CWR/Res vegetation replacement, but it is not really MP compatible and could be considered cheating.

Yes but it seems to work without it (don't have QG either). And it won't be considered cheating on CiA, at least Var and me use grass mods too smile_o.gif

Here's the view distance script btw pilot_vd.sqs

Thanks to all of you that joined our first little arma night. A more organized announcement will be published on the arma board soon. Just a heads up, the CiA arma meetings will take place on Tuesdays, 21:00 CET.

Some screenshots:

dxdshot1196031169qu5.jpg

dxdshot1196031221lu6.jpg

dxdshot1196027041oe2.jpg

dxdshot1196038765aa6.jpg

First things first: <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>ArmA players check out this thread for CiA ArmA coop nights.</span>

Secondly- this is a conversation Pulverizer and myself had on ICQ few moments ago. I think that those of you who played Tonal "Jungle Op" mission in the last two meetings will find it interesting...

Variable:

we completed jungle op :-)

Pulverizer:

aw.... how? number of players?

Variable:

no worries, it doesnt count since it was not on a coop night! :-) 3 players, we flanked like last time, approached the ammo cache from the west and died in the first try, but managed to locate the building that contains the ammo. in the second try we got there undetected, sputnik and llauma killed the guards, i planted a satchel and we ran to the north west. boom. then they were all over us, so i called for the scouts' reinforcements. we heard the chopper approacing the extraction zone so we moved quickly to the sentrys' position, killed something like three of them, there was no too much resistance there. i died, sputnik and llauma extracted safely. job's done.

Pulverizer:

why didn't you time the satchel and escape silently. like time 600 seconds?

Variable:

you have to wake them up anyhow since the ammo crates are guarded.

Pulverizer:

oh, maybe you could kill them without detection with headshots and supressed rifles.

Variable:

the crates are in a ruined building with something like 3 white guards, but we could try that actually. next meeting's challenge :-)

dxdshot1196107173ht4.jpg

Nice games tonight thumbs-up.gif

cia10.jpg

Chopper insertion to take out a milita camp in the jungle.

On Wednesday's game we were unable to play any Tonal Special Forces missions as many people would crash do to missing addon messages and other problems. The TSF pack seems to need some pieces of the Marine Assault Pack and Sebastian Muller's BTR-T pack to work 100% with out errors.

So I've gone ahead and put together the TSF+MAP+BTR-T addons all together in a single RAR file.

Here is the download link...

http://files.filefront.com/TSF+and+Requiredrar/;9149854;/fileinfo.html

If you have all the PBOs included in the RAR you should get no errors.

Yeah if memory serves the TSF uses quite a few Ruskie weapons found in the S&E MAP. And TSF ride in their pimped T-55s. tounge2.gif

Good meeting! We completed 4 missions! (Well I shouldn't use 'we' since I missed one of them, sorry for that...)

A few screenshots:

Tony's rebel team climbing the mountain overlooking the US base through Tbone's, Valalian's and my T55 gun sight

dxdshot1196629925zs2.jpg

"Biker's column" as Pulverizer put it in Post's "Finnish Vertigo"

dxdshot1196633059jx6.jpg

Valhalian moving through the fog in "Volcano"

dxdshot1196638469ii9.jpg

dxdshot1196638729xp1.jpg

alik Vilhulien escaping the crime scene, chased by Russian armour

dxdshot1196639678ok8.jpg

Thanks for the games everyone! See you next time.

Screenshots!

dxdshot1196890074vy8.jpg

dxdshot1196891367tz9.jpg

dxdshot1196895979bj6.jpg

dxdshot1196896548ji7.jpg

Thanks for the games everyone! See you all in an hour and a half for the next coop night.

ha, flying out of this hangar was kind of fun, although it made me a bit mad, when the tail got stuck in the door :-)...

Although this mission wasnt the most realistic one we played, it was good fun!

See you on Sunday!

Fat Tony

We had some good games yesterday. Did you manage to successfully finish that last one I was in, where we had to destroy the choppers with the pilots who were feeding the ducks? I liked that mission

Yes we finished it. It was "The Beginning" if I recall correctly. Good mission, I liked the patrols and units that did some randomish counter-attack-sort-ofs. I presume there was some groups standing by on guard wps.

Also, here's Lenin playing dead rather convincingly in an earlier mission: video 17MB xvid

Yeah last night's games were great. Here are some screenshots:

The happy bunch going to rescue the stranded soldiers in PMC's mission

dxdshot1198103689om4.jpg

Right after rescuing Valhalian from the Russians, still some enemies to mop up.

dxdshot1198105607rm7.jpg

Right after Post's and Valhalian's death and before extracting successfully in lenin's "The Beggining".

dxdshot1198108399zr5.jpg

Thanks for the games everyone!

Also, here's Lenin playing dead rather convincingly in an earlier mission: video 17MB xvid

Where can I get that terrain replacement mod from the video Pulverizer?

It's the wgl replacement, you can dl it here

You can use the VLC media player or you can install the XviD codec on your OS to view the video. It's just the bit where Lenin was stuck in a death pose.

Thanks I've downloaded the codecs and now I can view the movie.

We played a non-addons mission. If anyone is interested in the unit replacement that is viewd on Pulv's movie, please contact me or Sputnik Monroe.

Will it be a problem to anyone to show up on time if we start our OFP coop nights 1 hour earlier (at 20:00 CET)?

That would probably even work better for me, var.

Also, I won't be able to make either OFP night or the ArmA night this coming week on account of holiday travel.