Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

While playing episode 5 of Band of Comrades campaign we ran into some difficulties with the boat which didn't get ashore. However, after some tests I've found a point that will allow us to get on shore if we eject over it.

Check this screenshot:

dxdshot1189128882ko2.jpg

The screenshot was taken a second after the boat passed over the eject point. The eject point is marked with a green dot and you can see that all the team is safe over land. Moreover, Once the boat is empty it will turn around and head back north, thus not engaging the American patrol boat.

You don't need to have photographic memory inorder to remember it, just bear in mind that the eject point is directly east of hill 15.

Hopefully, next meeting we will beat this campaign.

Thanks everybody for the games on Wednesday, and see you all on Sunday!

Wednesday, I think on the fourth time we tried Band of Comrades pt.5, I encountered a humanoid monkey and a happy guy.

flashpointresistance200jv9.jpg

edit: screw the thumbnail linking, here's the full size (62k)

this is what happens when i hear the intro music to band of comrades ep.5 one too many times...

click

In my defence I'd like to say that I had consumed about ten beers and that it was way past my bed time when that accident occured.

Also, I'd like to apologize Sputnik for the unsuccesful medevac which came to an abrupt halt thanks to a moving tree jumping unexpectedly in front of the md500 while I wasn't looking due to chatting with him, trying to keep him from passing out.

Also, I'd like to apologize Sputnik for the unsuccesful medevac which came to an abrupt halt thanks to a moving tree jumping unexpectedly in front of the md500 while I wasn't looking due to chatting with him, trying to keep him from passing out.

Hehe rofl.gif

Too bad i didn't find enough time to join yesterday confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Also, I'd like to apologize Sputnik for the unsuccesful medevac which came to an abrupt halt thanks to a moving tree jumping unexpectedly in front of the md500 while I wasn't looking due to chatting with him, trying to keep him from passing out.

Here is the cockpit recording.

Pilot: "Think I can fly between those?"

Gunner: "Nope."

Pilot: "Oh ye of little faith, look how big that is."

We still play. As a matter of fact, we are playing at the moment. I'm not sure about the time we start in your US time but we started 1 hour and 45 minutes ago, so do the math. smile_o.gif

Pics from this Coopnight (and one Picture from last Sunday)

Introducing the CIA-Bikergang welcome.gif

bikergangyly.jpg

We just wanted to relax a bit, when Variable gave the advance-command and had to put our AKs "in hand" first which took us some time. wink_o.gif

dontleavus1jr.jpg

Variable disturbing the peace of the Dead whistle.gif

varlootingovd.jpg

and finnaly... regrettably...

deadp6g.jpg

Sorry, guys. I did not see him. Must be something wrong with my eyes. goodnight.gif

Sorry about last night, my connection died and wouldnt come back. And so i went to bed. However, while i was on, i had a good time, and am planning to play whenever possible. Thanks for the good time.  

Sorry about last night, my connection died and wouldnt come back. And so i went to bed. However, while i was on, i had a good time, and am planning to play whenever possible. Thanks for the good time.  

Thanks for joining Mjolnir. Mature and serious approach such as yours is exactly the quality we need in our coop nights. We hope to see you on our server again.

Here's some stats if the pics weren't enough to convince you hehe:

http://stats.swec.se/ofp/server.php?server=1857

There are some nice stats in that database wink_o.gif

Data runs back to 1,5 years ago;

Games played: 1583

Total time: 24 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes

Average length: 22 minutes

Longest mission played: Mischief and Mayhem on Suursaari (29/06/2006): 3:23 hours (with only 2 players...)

Busiest night: 9/9/2007 (still rocking! ): 4 missions with 17 players, 1 with 16

Cumulated time on each island:

Maldevic: 3 days, 3 hours, 33 minutes

East Border: 3 days, 0 hours, 56 minutes

Nogova: 2 days, 20 hours, 10 minutes

Karjala: 2 days, 15 hours, 46 minutes

Suursaari: 2 days, 6 hours, 47 minutes

Al Maldajah: 1 day, 19 hours, 1 minute

Malden: 1 day, 13 hours, 45 minutes

Everon: 1 day, 6 hours, 38 minutes

Rukajarvi winter: 1 day, 5 hours, 4 minutes

Rukajarvi: 1 day, 4 hours, 46 minutes

Kolgujev: 0 days, 21 hours, 8 minutes

Winter Nogojev: 0 days, 21 hours, 0 minutes

Eastborder winter: 0 days, 20 hours, 5 minutes

Maldevic winter: 0 days, 15 hours, 29 minutes

Desert island: 0 days, 1 hour, 18 minutes

Desert island: 0 days, 1 hour, 18 minutes

You definitly need to go more often to Desert Island ... there are some really nice places, you know. Sandy beach east ... or the one west ... or the sandy middle is nice too biggrin_o.gif

I like that little island just off the coast of sandy beach southwest, myself.

The mission was dark so the screenshots came out dark. So I had to resort to various tricks to brighten the images to show detail. I made the following two greyscalse as they were to bleached out in color after being brightened.

anothervictimay7.jpg

doubleshotwm7.jpg

Colour looks like a nuke is going off over the horizon. But look at all those bodies.

nukeskyud8.jpg

Funeral rain and crows eyeing up the fresh meat.

carnageip6.jpg

This one didn't look to bad after brightness and contrast but it still looks like day now, though the shot was at dusk.

bunkergc4.jpg

The rest of the pictures from this session are at the end of the previous page.

Just before the attack but after the massive Russian artillery barage.

aperturegx3.jpg

One of the Russian soldiers. This one hid behind a destroyed BMP for the longest time. Later he was felled by a PK.

russianrv7.jpg

A later mission

firels1.jpg

Looks like you are too embarrassed to tell it yourself, so I will do it, Sputnik.

Towards the end of last night, we were playing some more episodes from the Alpha campaign, in which you take on the role of a Spetznatz Squad. One of these tasks you with protecting a generals house. Some seconds after mission start, I hear gunshots and wheel round to find a dead russian AI soldier lying on the ground, and Sputnik uttering this: "Oh Crap. I forgot we were russian....."

Sputnik's picture with gamma correction:

gammacorrectedsx3.jpg

He says he likes his black&white version better, but, hell, this is a guy who rammed his whole team while driving a truck hehehehe rofl.gif

He says he likes his black&white version better, but, hell, this is a guy who rammed his whole team while driving a truck hehehehe rofl.gif

Yeah I remember that.

Sorry for leaving a while after that without saying something, I was just too exhausted.