Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

Guest Ti0n3r
Server is up and running. Join up!

Damn I missed it. I just reinstalled OFP, but was busy screwing around in the editor so I totally forgot about it crazy_o.gif

I Pmd Llama and Black scorpion about Pass.

I'm not a squad member and well... haven't seen Llauma since... what, late 2006?

We had a very fertile coop night yesterday. We started with completing "Sacred Ground" which was rather easy. And then we finally completed the infamous mission "The Guns of Le Moule".

One of the toughest missions I have ever played. we were being attacked from the first minute of the mission to the end of it, taking casualties gradually.

To those of you that played it, we changed our regular tactic- we didn't move from Shilka to Shilka counter-clockwise, we took out the M2 emplacement that covered the clockwise route. We just didn't know that it will trigger the whole island on us. Luckily, we could take cover and fend them off using the ammo from the crates, loosing only our sniper the_holodoc to the enemy fire. we thought that it will be easier later on, less enemy resistance on our way, but it wasn't quite like that. we encountered enemy BMP's, and many infantry squads. However, we managed to stick to our clockwise route, took out the last Shilka and called our A10 support. The A10's managed to remove all the armor in the town but one T80. fighting constantly, we worked our way to Le Moule, loosing H-H, Westy and finally BlackScorpy, leaving only Tony and myself to finish off the remaining troops in the town. While destroying the last T80 in the town a whole squad snuck up on us and killed Tony. Somehow I managed to flank them and take them all out with one AK magazine, and the mission was completed.

To the light of a Yellow flare on "Sacred  Ground"

dxdshot1182972414ix4.jpg

The battlefield on "the guns of le moule" just in the beggining of the mission.

dxdshot1182974018mo5.jpg

dxdshot1182974838qu1.jpg

dxdshot1182976992iz5.jpg

And finally- It was completed!  yay.gif

dxdshot1182977897iv6.jpg

With regards to my rubbish score a BMP got me quite early on in the mission. AFAIK I got him the same time he got me. Not sure though.

Holodoc

79686123of7.jpg

Variable

57667283cb3.jpg

I forgot the missions name but we started in a BTR60 convoy that was ambushed by Finnish Reservist. We were all killed. It was a fun mission though.

Guest Ti0n3r

Just a quick question. Do you have any plans to move over to ArmA in the near future? smile_o.gif

Not at the moment.

There are some good reasons to stay with OfP atm. First of all, we need a linux version to make it working on our server. Then, the Gameplay of Arma is not so good as in OfP atm.

And last but not least, we want to provide the OfP community with the good old OfP coops as we did quite a few years now.

Maybe some day we will switch over to Arma, but there are noc such plans now. But of course we will drop you a mesage here when the time has come  smile_o.gif.

Greetings

Tony

Nice to be able to join again last night, after a long time without playing my favourite coop games. This tasts for more, so hope to make it again on sunday wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Alright. Thanks Tony. Looking forward 'till the day we shall fight side by side again xmas_o.gif

No point wasting my time anymore.

9062on7.jpg

Hello CiA friends! Hot news!

BAS addons and missions were added to the CiA server.

Now we will have Delta force and Army Rangers units, special operations choppers and many new missions to play them. please get all the necessary addons from here. From this page you will need only these:

BAS Air Weapons file

BAS Blackhawks and SOAR Pilots

BAS Delta and Ranger Units

BAS Kiowas

BAS Littlebirds

BAS Pavehawks

BAS Repair PBO - fixed (unofficial)

BAS Chinooks

Get also JAM3 from here

For reference, these are the 21 pbo's that should be in your BAS mod addons folder.

Please get the needed addons for the next time you join us. We start playing the new BAS missions affective immediately, the opening post of this thread will be updated soon.

Clarification: The CiA server still runs finmod! The BAS addons are only IN ADDITION to FDF.

Good luck!

Good question, should have addressed that in my reply.

The CiA server still runs finmod! The BAS addons are only IN ADDITION to FDF.

I remind you all to install the needed BAS addons for today's meeting! Those who will arrive without them installed will not be able to play.

Llauma has updated the opening post of this thread so you can check it to see what's needed.

See you all in one hour  pistols.gif

Good question, should have addressed that in my reply.

The CiA server still runs finmod! The BAS addons are only IN ADDITION to FDF.

Well tha qualifies for a "Yay" status and a dancing banana!

yay.gifyay.gif

1 extra! tounge2.gif

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Llauma's alive? crazy_o.gif

I'm not quite clear what the comment about daylight savings time in the first post is supposed to say. Does it mean that during the period in which DST is applied the games will start on 21:00 CEST (i.e. 20:00 CET, an hour early), or will they start on 22:00 CEST (21:00 CET)?

Daylight savings are in effect here, so if your country has them, the games will always start at the same time. For example for UK (which uses them: GMT/GMT +1) that'd be 8 pm, always. So in effect, during summers, the games technically start an hour earlier than during winters, while looking at your clock, it'd be the same time.

An hour from now btw.

Due to a problem in our regular TS server We will use an alternative one:

Address: 213.113.40.57

Password: ciafdf

Game on, join us!

Is the teamspeak server down? I cannot connect confused_o.gif

Edit: lol Variable can read my thoughts smile_o.gif

First of all CiA Teamspeak server is back online, so connect to the regular address.

Last meeting we kept coming back for new-joiners and for those that had troubles with their addons. We understand that the BAS addons addition to the server might have caused that, but although we want to, we can't come back each time someone misses something. If you are not sure about the needed pbo's, look in the first post of this thread. You will find a jpeg of the needed files in the BAS folder.

All players are requested to make sure they have all the needed addons BEFORE they connect to the server. Moreover, please be on time, we hate leaving players behind, but we will not get back for those who late, it's not fair for those who get on time.

And now, for some screenshots!

dxdshot1185403937oy6.jpg

dxdshot1185724657qm7.jpg

dxdshot1185745794aj1.jpg

See you all soon on the server!