Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

Pistol Animation Replacement

---Sanctuary's Pistol Animation Replacement Pack 1.0 is now available---

dnequoqvjkq1cb.jpg

I have been working on this since some months and finally i finished it.

To install the pack, it very is easy as it is an addon and not a file replacing another one so if you have already installed an addon for OFP, you will have no problem to install it.

If you have no clues about how to, just read the Readme.txt included in the .rar archive

------Download Mirrors (maybe more coming)-------

Stealth-Net mirror thanks to StealthTiger

Tacticalblunder mirror thanks to Mr Burns

Xela89 info mirror thanks to xela89

OFP.info mirror thanks to Silent N Deadly

Chris Young mirror thanks to Chris Young

-------------------------------------------------

What is this Pistol Animation Replacement Pack ?

It is a pack of 34 new/modified/tweaked pistol animations that will replace BIS default ones if you install this addon.

Again like for my animation packs, an important time has been put in interpolation bewteen all the animations to prevent stuttering when you have different set of animations.

This pack should fit better with my released packs as it is in the same spirit, but you can use this addon even if you use a different Anim.pbo without any problems.

Notice that it is totally untested for MP, so if problems are occuring online do not be surprised, and as i have no idea about how to fix an online problem (if one exist), don't ask , i just don't know.

It should be compatible with the majority of mods (i tested several of them) , but majority does not mean "all" , and so it can be not compatible with some addons or mods.

You are totally free to use/modify any of the animations from this addon

-without- having to ask me first. You can even modify/tweak etc.. the whole addon without having to asl me first.

It means you can convert them to anything you want, you can use only a part of them, you can mix them, you can rework them etc... without requesting my permission or something like that.

If you disagree with that statement i really don't care, sorry.

Have fun.

mirror @blackdog~´s server  smile_o.gif

sanc_pistol_pack.rar

lookin forward to see these in action, also wonder if they work with dreamyknights previous data.pbo replacement biggrin_o.gif

Sanctuary, you are again most welcome. You're work is outstanding and is helping to keep OFP alive and fresh. biggrin_o.gif

the addon has a priority on the O.pbo , so if you use Dreamy Knight by the old way (using a modified O.pbo) you should not see them ingame, but the ones of the addon that is just +/- 700ko up there

To use Dreamy Knight animation, you can replace my animations inside the sancpistol.pbo

And thanks for the mirror icon14.gif

ok after my first i have to say your anims are fantastic, especially the standing and crouching reload one.

the only thing i don't like is the lying reload anim, i mean it is correct how he grabs back to his belt (or wherever they are), but reloading the pistol itself does not look as nice as the other two, but that's not so important i guess

awesome anims all in all smile_o.gif

the only thing i don't like is the lying reload anim, i mean it is correct how he grabs back to his belt (or wherever they are), but reloading the pistol itself does not look as nice as the other two, but that's not so important i guess

awesome anims all in all smile_o.gif

Actually this reload is the BIS one that i modified and interpolated with my other animations smile_o.gif

ahh that's why, but i'd have found what you could change, if you were willing to (just my opinion of course)

in the lying reload anim if he would at the end put his pistol for a short time parallel to the ground then it would be perfect smile_o.gif

Sanctuary,

I love these new anims...and the fact that they're easier to manipulate is just great.

But, I am dying to ask you, as I am sure many other folks, if you can make the standing anim one handed and interpolate to a crouching two handed hold.

russianpolice23_std.jpg

0127v.jpg

pistol.jpg

Its not tactical to shoot with one hand if you can use both. Sanctuarys are almost perfect (just twist the left hand a little forward and straighten the arms a little bit and it would be a perfect example of a tactical pistol stance ;) ).

Very good Sanctuary!!

I never said anything about being tactical. It is in the interest of variety and eye candy. I am just tired of two years of two handed anims...

Great wow_o.gif

With your pistol & patrol anims & Locke Anim Mod I don't need anything more biggrin_o.gif

Once again great job Sanctuary and thanks for you hard work wink_o.gif

Great job sanctuary!

Is it just me, or does the running speed seem faster?

This is perfect, I just have two minor nitpicks

1. the lying reload anim, as said earlier, he grabs his magazine but quickly just waves his hand over the gun a foot away...

2. Move the back leg a bit further or the front leg back on the standing anim..it just seems kinda unatural the way he is standing right now wink_o.gif

thank GOD himself we don't have to look at flashpoints gansta-esq pistol animations, two-handed, tilted to the side!

Any change you could make the running animation a bit better?! biggrin_o.gif

Similar to the animation in CS: Source. Or Just something other than the corny BIS one. wink_o.gif

Noob question:

So these anims can be used with your patrol anims?

A bit of update : there will be a version 1.1 of the pistol animations addon, certainly for the end of the week or for next week as i am a bit busy i have less night time to work on those (as sleeping will be more required) .

You can already expect a different stand aiming , and no more BIS binocular/reload animations for the 3 stances with pistols.

Maybe a bit more, i will see.

Nice new anims sanctuary...been waiting for better pistol anims for ages biggrin_o.gif I cant play ofp without them now..

would it possible to do some pistol "leaning" anims like your other ones. would it also be possible to do a crouched grenade throwing anim aswell, at the moment when your crouched and throw a grenade your unit uses the normal standing throw anim, would be nice to have a crouched throw rock.gif

That will be more the area covered by the Locke Animation Enhancement mod.

The addon from this thread will not add new kind of animations, it is just meant as an addon replacing default animations.

So watch this thread as what you want will certainly find its way in Locke mod.