Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Madden 2006

I was just checking out gamespot, and they have video and a few screenshots of this "Madden NFL Next Generation" game...

The visuals, as you might have imagined basically have CG looks to them.

Check these out,

927448_20050419_screen001.jpg

927448_20050420_screen001.jpg

927448_20050421_screen001.jpg

This type of stuff makes me happy I was born in this lifetime :P

If anybody else has any games, screenshots and footage of the PS3, post it, I'm interested in seeing it.

Also I was reading my GamePro magazine, and the processor on the PS3 is literally the size of a thumb tack.

Not only that, it's supposively 10 times more powerful than todays PC capabilities. Hell it's no longer a processor, it's a Micro processor.

Are you sure these screens aren't from something like the intro movie or similar?

Those my friend are without a doubt, XBox360 and PS3 screenshots

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/maddennfl2006/preview_6122758.html

Then again, it's more of a Demo rather than in-game footage.

You can't create in-game footage for a console that does not yet exist :P

But the good news is:

Quote[/b] ] indeed one of the most notable franchises in all of video games. While the producers of the game were careful to tell us that the footage we saw (the very same footage that will roll on Saturday) is not in-game--but rather, it's EA Sports artists' "target video" of what next-generation hardware will be capable of--they did claim the final product will actually be superior in quality to the footage in the commercial.

One may as well post footage from a movie currently in cinemas and say "I anticipate that our in game footage will look something like this by 2064"......

Will this be a PS3/XBox2 only release or will there be a PC version as well?

Will this be a PS3/XBox2 only release or will there be a PC version as well?

I only saw Madden 2006 for Gamecube, XBox, PS2, PS3, and XBox360.

If they do plan on a release for the PC, I'm sure it won't look like that. But at the same time you never know, The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is being released for both XBox360 and the PC.

Which means by the release of Xbox 360, the PC might have enough to pump out visuals like we see on the next gen consoles.

Cool to see what next generation gaming has in store smile_o.gif I might have to start playing a console until PCs catch up (consoles always have a bit of a lead over PCs until 2 months after they come out)

Didn't the first pictures of Madden 05 look like this also (last year)? And look how that turned out to be (I ended up buying ESPN NFL 2K5 instead tounge_o.gif). I don't have my hopes up that PS3/Xbox360 are coming out anytime soon...I doubt a 2005 release for either system. Fun to speculate though smile_o.gif.