Sign in to follow this  
syphboy

Another new pistol

edit:***TEXTURED PICTURES FURTHER DOWN!***

Hi all.  Here's my O2-made Sig/Sauer P226.  At 376 faces it's not overly complex.  It's ingame as you can see, although there are no textures yet, that's why I'm not publicly releasing it.  Anyone who'd like to help with texturing can email me on syphboy@youareadork.com or use the Messenger.

sigp22638ox.jpg

sigp22645mu.jpg

sigp22652sq.jpg

Model looks very nice, I hope that you recieve some help with texturing because I'd love to see this out. It has been some time since I've seen a new Sig pistol.

I've had a bit of a go at texturing.  It's still not ready for release but check out the following pictures:

sigp22677qf.jpg

sigp22663vp.jpg

You can't see it in the pics but the back of the grip looks really crap.  I also have to make some minor changes to the model, and add some more LODs.  Should be finished soon.

I think it looks absolutely superb in these views!

Might I ask how you made the textures? I'm quite new to this

and am always interested in finding out how people achieve

such superlative quality.

It's made from a single side-view photo.  The right side is just a modified version of the left side.  I got a bit creative with the grip - but it's hidden behind the hand so you can't see it anyway.  I spent a few hours making front, back and top textures, but the back ones look a bit dodgy so I've got to fix them.  My trial version of Photoshop expired so I've been using Gimp 2.2 which is free, and just as good for basic stuff like this.

Have to say that does look pretty impressive, especially by only using a side-view picture. Hope everything goes well with this, I'm pretty excited for when it will be released. I do agree Gimp 2.2 does come in very handy.

Lookin pretty nice smile_o.gif From the pics, you did a great job texturing sides. I'm sure you can do a good job for the grip as well. smile_o.gif

Yeah great!! smile_o.gif Always good to see Swiss Materials!! biggrin_o.gif

Excellent work! Tell me when I can dl it! Cause in real, I used to shot with it, and it looks really perfect! You've got one to reproduce the model?

Are you going to make it animated? If so, I can help with that, I found a way to make it look better (more realistic) then most other animated hand guns, and I would be glad to help you with that.

That would indeed be nice if it were animated, I really can't wait to hear an update.

Here's a picture from the back:

sigp22684hj.jpg

What do you reckon?  Crap, right?

I don't have any pictures of a P226 from behind so I've taken a few liberties.  (Apologies to the purists out there - All I've got to work with are the textures from Raven Shield!)  If anyone has any actual shots of the hammer and slide arrangement, and maybe the back of the grip, could you post the URL?  Ta.

Anyway, I've made the inventory pics and written the .cpp file.  Now I'm looking for a decent, smallish 9mm wav file.  I might make it animated, but that'll have to wait until I'm finished the texturing.  I'll messenger you, KyleSarnik, when I'm ready for that.

Oh yeah, I've made a suppressed version too:

p226sd8sk.jpg

p226sdfire6kl.jpg

Thanks BlackScorpion, you rock!

Check out the last link. That's the main photo I used for the side texture. All I did was greyscale it.

Better rear textures on their way.

Awww...

I really want a "fat" suppreser tounge_o.gif

Nice job! And you don;t really have to spend that much time on the back of the grip as half the time its coverd by the hand crazy_o.gif

A while back I took all sorts of pictures of my P226R. I'm away from the house until Monday, but when I get back I can post / email them if your interested.

Pics include sets of:

Bottom

L.Side

R.Side

Front

and Back views

Each "set" has pictures of that angle with:

The magazine inserted

The magazine removed

The slide back

The slide forward

The hammer up

The hammer down

I also have the same sort of sets of pictures of the magazine (loaded and unloaded), a 9mm round, and a empty shell casing.

Only thing is the pics aren't of the highest quality (aka my camera sucks) sad_o.gif

Alright, I'm almost finished.  I've just done a bit of minor touch-up work on the model (made the slide a bit more square-ish), made some new textures (sights), made a couple of custom optics (standard and silenced), done the basic zasleh slide animation, and pinched some sounds from Ghost Recon.

Here's what it looks like from behind:

sigp226106ff.jpg

And the custom optic:

sigp22692po.jpg

All that I have left is to fix the right side grip texture (which I can now do thanks to BlackScorpion's pictures) and work out why the zasleh (muzzle-flash) doesn't show up in the optics view.  (Does anyone know why this is?)  Oh, and lastly, find someone to host the finished zip file.

Any takers?

Okay, I've just submitted version 1.0 to Ofp.gamezone.cz.  It should be up on their site within the next few days.  When this happens I'll start a new thread in the Addons&Mods:Complete forum.  In the meantime, if anyone else would like to host it I would be very grateful.

Oh, and I also wrote a kick-arse mission to go with the pistol.

Here's a pic of the darkened silenced version:

p22619ke.jpg

wow_o.gif Great news to see version 1.0 so soon! I hope ofp.info puts it up soon, and that other sites host it soon because it is definately worth the space. Just from that picture and the progress you've made I have to say you have done a very good job. I just can't wait to fire off a few rounds in game smile_o.gif

Wow nice job!!! This well definitly stay in my weapons folder for a long time! smile_o.gif

So, any thing planned for the future? wink_o.gif

Just up on ofp.info biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Well after firing off quite a few rounds I have to say this is a very nice gun. You did a good job with the textures, the sound fits this gun well and the blowback feature only adds to quality. Thank you smile_o.gif