Sign in to follow this  
MadMatriX

Wont go past CREATE in multy menu

Im running Win XP and OPF ver 1.40 on both computers.

PROBLEM: when i try to create a multyplayer game on either

computer on my lan (I have 2 copies of OPF)

it will not goto the map selection screen, it just clicks

and blinks Creating server in the background for a millisecond but does not.

Conditions it does work: on my girlfriends computer it is not assigned an IP address (ipconfig reads 0.0.0.0 )

it will create a server and work fine, EXCEPT i will not be able to find it from my computer.

BUT: on my computer it wont work NO MATTER WHAT i try.

PLEASE HELP, I RELLY WANNA PLAY without the lag o the net.

I hope this helps someone out, i spent alot of time trying all kinds of things just to play this damn game smile.gif ThAnKs

Do you have Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) or Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) turned on?

Both cause problems for OFP -- the former must be turned off, and the later turned off or configured for the ports that OFP uses. You can get a list of the ports here.

I had some problems with OFP too some time ago: Not seeing the available maps, not able to create a server, not able to join a server. All these problems disapeared when installing OFP in Win98SE instead of WinXP, which I had before. Believe me, I tried everything, but playing it from Win98SE was the only working sollution.

FINALY!!!!!! I dissabled the Internet shareing and firewall service running and it will now create multyplayergames and function normaly.

I spent soo much time trying to figure out this crap, now i will truly enjoy the game on a LAN.

I might tinker around to see if maybe i can possibly specify the port in the firewall to get it to work with it or something like that. I dont know too much about it, so ill have to check it out.

see you in OPF..

I still have the same problem MadMatrix had. Only I run WinME. OFP v1.30 works for me, but in 1.40 and 1.42 the screen just keeps flashing 'creating server'.

I do not have any internet connection sharing or firewalls installed. I'm only in a lan with a Kingston 10/100 card (kne-110tx). Please help me. Last weekend me and my buddies had to play OFP in 1.30 as none of us are able to start hosting in 1.40/1.42 .

Seems more like a bug/instability in those two versions...

This happened to me on 98se for a while. My sollution was an upgrade in dx drivers. This was suggested by codemasters customer service. (though they seem to suggest this no matter what your problem is, but in this case it was after about a week or two correspondance.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Jan. 15 2002,03:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you have Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) or Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) turned on?

Both cause problems for OFP -- the former must be turned off, and the later turned off or configured for the ports that OFP uses. You can get a list of the ports here.<span id='postcolor'>

Stupid question I know, but how do I disable those two things???

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (amos m @ Jan. 21 2002,13:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This happened to me on 98se for a while. My sollution was an upgrade in dx drivers. This was suggested by codemasters customer service. (though they seem to suggest this no matter what your problem is, but in this case it was after about a week or two correspondance.)<span id='postcolor'>

I re-installed DX8.0 (heared alot of people having problems running OFP in DX8.1, so I'm not installing that)

Nothing helps. bu-hu sad.gif

Anyway the problem is only occuring in 1.40 and 1.42.

kinda strange huh?

BIS please fix or give me some pointers in teh right direction , pleeeaaassseee biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dazmorg @ Jan. 22 2002,01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you have Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) or Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) turned on?

Both cause problems for OFP -- the former must be turned off, and the later turned off or configured for the ports that OFP uses. You can get a list of the ports here.<span id='postcolor'>

Stupid question I know, but how do I disable those two things???<span id='postcolor'>

I'm at the office where I'm running NT 4.0, so I'm doing this from memory.

Go to the Control Panel, bring up the Properties for the TCP/IP stack of your Local Area Network connection, and look in the Advanced tab -- it should be there somewhere.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Jan. 22 2002,05:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This happened to me on 98se for a while. My sollution was an upgrade in dx drivers. This was suggested by codemasters customer service. (though they seem to suggest this no matter what your problem is, but in this case it was after about a week or two correspondance.)<span id='postcolor'>

I re-installed DX8.0 (heared alot of people having problems running OFP in DX8.1, so I'm not installing that)

Nothing helps. bu-hu sad.gif

Anyway the problem is only occuring in 1.40 and 1.42.

kinda strange huh?

BIS please fix or give me some pointers in teh right direction , pleeeaaassseee biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Mine was fixed by upgrading to 8.1, and mine happened in 1.2, but not 1.1/1.0

To dissable Internet connection sharing in WINXP i

went to RUN and typed in MSCONFIG, i found the tab that shows the service running and deselected the ICS one.

Its probably not the proper way but it works fine, and you can allways reselect it when you need to.

I have windows ME and can't find either of the suggestions above, can you be more precise, thanks.

Am I able to play multiplayer games whilst not connected to the internet, i.e test them??