Sign in to follow this  
The-Architect

Beta test my latest offering

txs, ill give it a try later on tonight.

but, as you said, the amount of addons needed (all very good i might add) will surely put people off this mission.

Downloaded this earlier. Only played a little so far. Very nice.

@ Bonko the Sane

If the mission is good then addons shouldn't matter. I no they do but if we like it then they should go by that.

but, as you said, the amount of addons needed (all very good i might add) will surely put people off this mission.

Ah, the ever-present community paradox:

"We want lots more addons!"

"We don't want to play missions that use lots of addons!"

crazy_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

I second that.

This excuse is absolutely ridiculous.

Not blaming you bonko but those who actually follow this hypocritic way. Everyone is everyready to d/ld addons which they will not even play with (minus the 10 min fiddle in the editor) but when it comes to mission they all shy away?

IMO, that's cause addon makers get all the credit. Even though mission makers actually do something you'll play with they usually don't get more than a "Nice job." or something similar. As a scripter, I think it's very unfair. A while ago I found a way to detect units being prone. I was really excited but when I was telling (bragging... wink_o.gif ) my OFP MSN buddies about it, they were just "good for you" or "didn't anyone know that already?". Kinda feels like putting your foot on Mars just to find out it's just a big red dump. tounge_o.gif

I have spent the last few days downloading all popular addons that I didn't had (llauamx, HYK Infantry, E&S USMC, etc) and I still haven't got at least one of the required addons. I'll see if I can squeze in a little time, Arch, but don't get your hopes up. smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

I second that.

This excuse is absolutely ridiculous.

Not blaming you bonko but those who actually follow this hypocritic way. Everyone is everyready to d/ld addons which they will not even play with (minus the 10 min fiddle in the editor) but when it comes to mission they all shy away?

true

thats why im dowloadng only 4 of them

even some of them i had b4 but deleted

gotta love ofp addons

its adking for the zu23 addon but i have it?

What's going on?

Looks like my thread has been hijacked with the old Addon vs. Mission question. Jeez, and I thought all the posts were going to be about my mission. How silly of me. rock.gif

I'm glad that you guys are sticking up for me though. I mean, How do I make a SEAL mission without using Seahawks, divers, SEAL units etc. Maybe these lazy people want to use Navy SEAL black-ops, inserting via Navy Blackhawk and using US Navy SEAL regular Army as their support. tounge_o.gif

Anyway, I'll address the points about the mission that I did notice,

@Ruff

Make sure its the right one Ruff. I think FDF use the same model so try the mission without FDF on or another mod that might use it, if your using one. I'm not sure otherwise. Its the same for the BTR-60.

@ Extraction

The ZU-23 is on just up the road from the pub. I take it you got extracted without incident then? Do you trhink I should move it to a more threatening position?

OI!!! i wasnt complaining at all, i have all those addons since they came out tounge_o.gif

although, personaly, on this specific mission i would have gone for vit_apc pack v1.4, as it has brt(80) the very same AAA and extra RES inf.

On to the mission,

CONS:

-never saw the AAA (and i searched a lot), and when Seahawk came for extract no AAA fired, so i suppose it never was there?

-FIA AI didnt go into alert when i mined the patroling btr, and so, taking advantage of that i proceeded to take out all FIA on the outskirts of town with SD weapons. the patrols, when they saw dead bodies didnt react, because of FIA relaxed attitude i managed to place claymores, satchels and kill the t72 crew in St.Pierre, IMO you should make them lauch alert as soon as a dead FIA unit is found.

-maybe lock T72 to west units?

-When i called extract i had a script error (sorry no screenshot) but the heli came just the same.

-Echo team on overwatch could warn about counter attack?

PROS:

-very detailed briefing

-i like the plot and character description.

-good choice of addons

-Mission design possibilitates a lot of different approaches and tactics.

-the counter attack works, i let 1 car slip by and after that i was very busy keeping low, thanks to Delta (who had arrived 10 secs earlier) i survived. crazy_o.gif

-excelent ambience and mission design, voice acting.

P.S: i really searched for the AAA, i went to both ends of those dirt roads SW and E of St.Pierre, to the castle and surrounding hills.

P.P.S: how about a COOP version? tounge_o.gif

Txs for the mission, and ill be looking forward to play new versions of it.

I d/lded all addons put them in and start your mission and get this crazy_o.gif

error4zu.jpg

?

Anyway, I'll address the points about the mission that I did notice,

@Ruff

Make sure its the right one Ruff. I think FDF use the same model so try the mission without FDF on or another mod that might use it, if your using one. I'm not sure otherwise. Its the same for the BTR-60.

@ Extraction

The ZU-23 is on just up the road from the pub. I take it you got extracted without incident then? Do you trhink I should move it to a more threatening position?

Put the AA near the town wink_o.gif

As Bonko said when I called for extraction the choppers have not been fired by the AA.

I keep getting that error whenever i try to play your mission. I think its a faulty addon? I can load more addons and play with them fine (using nomap btw as well) so i dont know how can it be a memory deficiency fault as the error reads? I suspect a problematic addon.

Anyone else whose tried it got this yet?

addonsright9ao.jpg

Acecombat when you unpack the mission there is some required addon files in that too wink_o.gif

let me see:

-COC_Mines.pbo

-editorupdate102.pbo

-InvTargets.pbo

-USMC_AH-1W.pbo

Also a map called Ranger Faces is missing

the Ranger Faces map, COC_Mines.pbo, editorupdate102.pbo and InvTargets.pbo is included in mission zip file you only need to download the USMC_AH-1W.pbo file that is posted at begin of this topic wink_o.gif

edit: Also the bfv_GECKO.pbo file is not required wink_o.gif

Oh yea, I like missions with voice acting. Gonna try this one. Keep up the good work smile_o.gif

USMC_AH-1W.pbo

Damn thats the one i forgot , thanks for reminding me. The other i have them inside my RES/AddOns folder so they are loaded. smile_o.gif

Ok still no go even after getting all addons in correctly  mad_o.gif .

try putting all addons in addons folder not res\addon put every addon in addon folder I have no problems with it wink_o.gif

Hmm. I don't understand what any of that means guys. A memory problem? Not too sure Acecombat, try putting the querie to someone who knows about that sort of thing. I've never seen anything like it before.

I have had problems with addons that didn't like other addons. Maybe try the mission with just the addons needed only. I played Macguba's Un-impossible mission with some NVA addons installed and I kept getting errors. Maybe its like that.

On the actual Gameplay side of things, I've moved the AA gun and added a few things to the AI. Gimme a little time and the new version will be ready at my site. I'm going to remove a big sound file from the intro so the size should come down for the time being.

Cheers for your patience guys.

EDIT:

I think I understand what the problem is with the AA gun. I think its conflicting with someone-else's addon. I've heard reports that the AA gun emplacement is there but the gun isn't. I'll use a different addon I think.