Sign in to follow this  
KingN

Revolt 1998 - Tonal Campaign

REVOLT 1998

------------

Tonal Campaign as a U.S. Ranger

*UNFINISHED*

The campaign is about a civil war between the tonali government forming a new regime and an opposing portion of the populace including the rebel faction. The player belongs to the U.S. troops supporting the new democritizing governement fighting the opposing force as a Ranger NCO, Sgt. Jonathan Carswell.

42e1150cb8198.jpg

Features:

-11 full Missions + A Bonus Mission

-Play as a U.S. Ranger NCO, Jonathan "JC" Carswell

-Lots of Cutscenes

-Over 30 megs of Custom music for getting right atmosphere

-Lots of custom voices

-Very High Quality all the way! :;):

Detailed Features:

-Lots of my own Scripts such as a cool bullet chase camera script,

Box carrying script etc...

-Immersive random enemy shouting during battle using tonal packs voices

-Death cutscene and music replaced with new ones

-Time & Location - side texts in a Hollywood action movie style in missions and intros

-Too much group casualties and mission gets failed, you must take care of you soldiers out there!

-Bn880's Tracers, fire fights look cooler especially at night

-Custom characters also for your Teammates in all missions

-More, more and more!

Addons Needed:

-BAS Tonal Island + OpFor                                             http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....ownload

-BAS Tonal Island patch 1                                             http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....1;34853

-BAS Tonal Island patch 2                                             http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....2;34855

-BAS Tonali Special Forces                                             ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/BAS_TSF_v1_00.rar

-Marine Assault Pack (Needed by Tonali Special Forces)          ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/MarineAssaultPack.rar

-OPFOR 1.3 (Needed by Tonali Special Forces)               ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/bas_rusopfor_v1_3.rar

-BAS Blackhawks                                   ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd....AM1.zip

-Laser's Deltas/Rangers 2.0                         http://red.iskra-net.ru/download/addons/men/LSR_Delta_Rangers_200.rar

-Laser's US Weapon Pack                         http://red.iskra-net.ru/downloa....200.rar

-JAM 2                                                       ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/JAM2.rar

-Hyakushiki's Modern US Infantry Pack LSR v1.52          ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/HYK_USsol_152_JAM.rar

-Combat! Bradley Pack 1.4                                   ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/CBT_BRAD_1.4_RC1.rar

-Combat! Misc Pack                                   http://combataddons.com/modules....&lid=34

-Combat! Modern US APC Crew                                   ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/CBT_APC_CREW_V1.0.rar

-Combat! HMMWV Pack 1.0                                   ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/CBT_HMMWV_V1.0.rar

-RKSL Studio's US camo nets                                   ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/RKSL-Netpack-USV1.0R.rar

-Martin's Radio Tower                                             ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/RadioTower.rar

-Bn880's Tracers                                             http://s92713009.onlinehome.us/OFP/BN_tracers1_24.zip

Picture:

This is how your mod folder should look like after installing the addons

Voice Actors:

Player (Ranger NCO):              Sui

Player's CO (Maj. Hotkins):      Soldat32

"Base":                                   topchris175

Bravo (Friendly units):             Balschoiw

Charlie (Friendly units):            General Barron

Still Needed to be Done:

-Find one more voice actor *DONE!*

-2 more cutscenes *DONE!*

-Add all the voices to the campaign *DONE!*

-Tweaking and fixing bugs *DONE!*

-Beta Testing

-Little more tweaking and fixing bugs after beta testing

-Find a good host(s) for the campaign *DONE!*

-Upload the campaign

All commments, questions and suggestions are welcome! smile_o.gif

At the moment I'm needing couple more voice actors for this campaign. Preferably american ones but those that speaks english as their mother tongue and can do decent american accent are ok too. Another important feature is a mature enough voice so 20+ is the ideal age I'm looking for.

You need MSN messenger or ICQ to send the sound files. pm me if you're interested.

-Too much group casualties and mission gets failed, you must take care of you soldiers out there!

Fail the mission? Isn't that a bit harsh? "Hey JC, how y'doin'? Great thing savin' the world and all dude, but you lost one too many so I'm putting you in the stockade. See ya."

Better to have him like punished or get a different ending or a bonus mission if he do good or something.

You know, in reality a mission is considered failed when you got too many casualties . . .

Yea, well in reality your squad mates ain't 4-year old AI morons. tounge_o.gif

I know there are pros and cons in the max casualties thing. Pros are that you don't just consider your ai teammates as walking ammo storages as normally, you really have to take care of them, to succeed well in a mission you have to be a worthy leader. Also it adds realism. IRL I'm sure your CO would send you to deepest hell if you just killed your whole team by 2 armed civilians. wink_o.gif Cons are that the ai is usually stupid and doesn't react too fast and sometimes dies because of that. But it depends more on how do you lead you ais.

All in all i think this system is definately worth implementing to the campaign. smile_o.gif

I dunno, I think the player will just hide his AI and go rambo or something instead. But I somewhat agree, it adds realism. There's nothing worse than having your whole platoon turned into tomatojuice in the first two minutes and you STILL have to complete the mission by your own. IRL HQ would order a retreat right?

However, I think this was 1985's biggest weakness. Back then when you were a big OFP-n00b the last few missions were hard. I got so bleeding pissed on Col. Blake a few times. "Hey there Gastovski. You saved Washington DC from that SCUD-missle but you took 30 minutes, lost six men and you only killed two squads. Therefor I'm busting you down to Private. Boohoo." Get my point? Of course, you could lose your grade to like corporal instead of sergeant or whatever you are, but that'd require some heavy scripting.

This Campaign sounds great. If it's as good as Operation Mercury then I'll be well pleased. Really looking forward to it.

On the topic of Casualties. I played OFP Resistance campaign and made a point of not losing a single man! I read somewhere that it was better if you didn't lose anyone especially your medics. As you can imagine there was a lot and I mean a lot of restarting the game.

rock.gif

This Campaign sounds great. If it's as good as Operation Mercury then I'll be well pleased. Really looking forward to it.

I've learned much since op mercury. Compared to op mercury this campaign will be more realistic, a lot more detailed and the atmosphere is better. It will be a bit shorter though (12 missions). Originally I started making this campaign since the tonal pack was released but it has been on ice several times.

Well, I only lost three men in the resistance campaign. That wasn't cause I wanted to keep them alive, I just thought the res campaign was easy. smile_o.gif

I like the basic idea, but if you make it into something that is similar to the system 1985 had I wouldn't be very happy about it. Just my opinion though. smile_o.gif

I think some of you are in an impression that you have the same team through the whole campaign and if you lose men, you lose them permanently like it was in PMC Ranger Path if I remember right. The case is not that in this campaign. You are given appropriately sized team for each mission and there's a certain maximum casualty amount you are allowed to suffer before the mission is considered failed, mentioned in the notes section of the briefings.

Yea, that's what we thought. We were just discussing Resistance cause there you "have" to keep your men alive.

Sounds great, I'll look forward to its release! Its good to see some missions made with Tonal, one of the best ofp mods IMO. Perhaps you can upload the first mission for now, as sort of a demo?

Oh yeah, and I just can't let this one slip by....

Quote[/b] ] The player belongs to the U.S. troops supporting the new democritizing governement fighting the opposing force as a Ranger NCO, Lt. Jonathan Carswell.

Um... "NCO" stands for "Non-Commissioned Officer", which refers to the enlisted grades E4 and up. An Lt. is an officer, which is to say a Commissioned Officer (as opposed to an enlisted man). I'm not trying to be anal, I'm just pointing out that an LT is NOT an NCO.

Sounds great, I'll look forward to its release! Its good to see some missions made with Tonal, one of the best ofp mods IMO. Perhaps you can upload the first mission for now, as sort of a demo?

Oh yeah, and I just can't let this one slip by....

Quote[/b] ] The player belongs to the U.S. troops supporting the new democritizing governement fighting the opposing force as a Ranger NCO, Lt. Jonathan Carswell.

Um... "NCO" stands for "Non-Commissioned Officer", which refers to the enlisted grades E4 and up. An Lt. is an officer, which is to say a Commissioned Officer (as opposed to an enlisted man). I'm not trying to be anal, I'm just pointing out that an LT is NOT an NCO.

Thanks but frankly I don't really want to release any missions until I get some voices. At the moment I don't have any. Otherwise I probably would release a little teaser mission. wink_o.gif

About the NCO thing, not that big issue though. Haven't totally made up my mind what's his rank yet until this thread, but thanks for the correction, mate. I've corrected it. smile_o.gif

Well, I suppose I could volunteer myself to do some voices, as long as it isn't too large of a part. And I can even do an American accent pretty well. biggrin_o.gif

Addons required section is updated with slight corrections, ie JAM2 is added to the list which is obviously needed with the BAS addons. I also added Combat's Hummers which is a all new addon used in the campaign.

Sounds really good, I love Tonal but I wish I had a better PC to play on it. sad_o.gif

Sounds really good, I love Tonal but I wish I had a better PC to play on it. sad_o.gif

I just have to wait a few months...

This sounds promising. I hate those Rambo/Lone Wolf missions. This actually sounds like it will use proper military operations as a template.

I real like missions where you feel that you are part of a grander scheme/operation. It's what OFP is all about to me.

BM

All needed voice actors have been "recruited" and new section "Voice Actors" has been added to the first post. Thank you one more time to all who have volunteered! smile_o.gif

@marcusjm, Of course I've not served in the rangers regiment but i think the missions are more or less realistic. Playability is what i aim for in my campaign but I realism is of course important too so the campaign is balanced between these two elements... but it depends on mission too. Often I try to make missions as realistic as possible though. What comes to massive battles afaik the rangers operates more often just alone. Tactical strikes are more what these mission in this campaign is all about but there are also at least 2 large scale conflicts.

But maybe not alone as in solo smile_o.gif.

My picture of rangers has allways been recon and forward operations like securing certain key installations etc.

Anyway, this operation sounds very good from your description so I'm confident it will be playable (nevermind if everything is ultra realistic).

marcus

Ok, now I need your opinion!

Do you want me to add the new Laser's deltas/rangers to the campaign? If yes, do you want to keep the BAS rangers' weapons (ie M4A1 ACOG, Master key...) which are imo more realistic, especially the silenced ones, or do you want me to completely replace the BAS rangers to Laser's units and weapons?

My opinion is that the BAS units are good enough. Though if many of you want the Laser's unit models to the campaign I could gladly make a mix of both BAS and Laser addons: Laser's unit models and Laser's/BAS weapons. This would of course need both addons to be dled though.

What do you think, folks?