Sign in to follow this  
Desert-Rat

Comanche

Well if someone knows the old game "Comanche maximum overkill" he will see that the comanche looks more diffrent to theone which was built

comanche1.jpg

comanche-front.jpg

comanche-side.jpg

comanche-tail.jpg

would be cool if someone is interested too in this helicopter.

I am no 3d modeller so i can't do it but i hope someone can do it

(sorry for the large images)

C'mon, you don't really believe Novalogic has ever made a something realistic in their game? biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

I know thats why i say "he will see that the comanche looks more diffrent to theone which was built" wink_o.gif i like thisone more than the one which was built

@ag_smith

Well Armored Fist was realistic biggrin_o.gif one hit and your Abrams was destroyed biggrin_o.gif

BTW: the game was from 92 ;) i think the american have change something on the Comanche in all these years ;)

Nah, they always intented it to be a recon chopper, the game-modelers just went wild after they saw the first army designs. The whole project in on hold anyway and it's even likely it's gonna get canceled.

Hi, BRBSeb or something like that, was making another RAH-66 Comanche; he had it in game, flying & all... i don't know why he don't released at least, a teaser of his good looking helo; the BRBSeb or whatever... textures on his chopper looked much more accurate to me than the DMK RAH-66 1.2 textures, or model.

I don't know why he never released a teaser, to let the OFP players have a much better Comanche, but it's a big loose for sure. Let's cu.

@macho_man_mathijs

so you don't think the first the first step of the Comanche project looks like this?

i find thisone more cooler then the Comanche which is in use ;)

Yes BRBSebs Comanche was good , the last report of it was 2003 2 years ago

to be exact the comanche isn't in use...it's on the shelve for scrapping if not alreay done...

believe there where some issues with funding and interrest

should be an article about it somewhere..believe it was at @war

Edit: found it: http://www.atwar.net/comment.php?comment.news.637

ps the model you see on the pictures would hold almost to none of the stealth capability because of its long rounded body...

even the tailrotor in this shape would reflect so much that you would get shot in 5 sec(figure of speech)

noone will do the dirty work for ya, if you like fantasy commanches you´ve got to build your own.

but hey..that way you can make it even more unique by putting some pink elephants on teh fuselage  smile_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

well about a year ago I asked him why he didn't release and he said it was cus he wanted to add more scripts ect to make it more realistic so he said he will release for OFP2 MAYBE

sad_o.gif

Mr Burns shut up with your stupid answers , if you can't make it then you don't have to post this stupid answers weakhead! and the helicopter name is "coManche" -.- and not "commanche" but i hope i musn't dibate with you about it

Thanks

Vex_man: Yes i heard this too

Mr Burns shut up with your stupid answers , if you can't make it then you don't have to post this stupid answers weakhead! and the helicopter name is "coManche" -.- and not "commanche" but i hope i musn't dibate with you about it

Stop flaming, it won't get you anywhere.

He just said in a little different way what is a fact by now, there are amounts of useless addon requests every week. In fact every modeller has his own plans (and enough of them), so if you want something extravagant, you gotta build it on your own. Sorry, but that's how it is.

It's bad enough you treat the DKM commanche as not good enough for you, but even worse that you want it replaced by a more innacurate one.. rock.gif

I don't say that the DKM Comanche is not enough , it is very good , it has many functions but fact is I like this Comanche on the pics more then the accurate one (not your Addon Comanche ,Jaguar)

And belive me , if i was an 3d modeller i would make it , fact is i don't have any skills in it , thats why i make a request

understand?

it shouldn't be an attack on your Addon DKM

of the Comanche?

look ant the tailrotor and mainrotor , it has an two barrel Cannon , it is longer , without stealth skills , the turbines are other and it looks better  tounge_o.gif

And belive me , if i was an 3d modeller i would make it , fact is i don't have any skills in it , thats why i make a request

Everybody starts at some point wink_o.gif Or do you think modellers are born modellers?

no thats not what i think , but i tried it some time ago , the only thing i have done is this Crate from the toturial , and alone this was very difficult for me , i like texturing much more than make models , but i would do moddeling too  if i could  sad_o.gif

and here are some people like DKM Jaguar , Vit and some other who makes this models in no time , and thats what i never could make

no thats not what i think , but i tried it some time ago , the only thing i have done is this Crate from the toturial , and alone this was very difficult for me , i like texturing much more than make models , but i would do moddeling too if i could sad_o.gif

Do you think we never did Brsseb's crate? (nearly) Everybody did, and it was hard for everyone. If you like this Comanche, than try to model it. It will take some time, and maybe the first version won't look too well either, but don't stop and at some point you'll call yourself skilled too. wink_o.gif

to be honest

i wasnt that much happy with the comamnche model itself

sure it was fun and done pretty well

but the model has its inaccuracies true

it couldve been better

+ i like it more in green

@hardrock: I have no skills in it , i don't know how to start , or make a polygone or somethink , how i should make a chopper then? sad_o.gif i mean the crate was only a crate and the chopper need much more sad_o.gif

@nephilim: I like it in green more too ;)

@hardrock: I have no skills in it , i don't know how to start , or make a polygone or somethink , how i should make a chopper then? sad_o.gif i mean the crate was only a crate and the chopper need much more sad_o.gif

Read ... and learn wink_o.gif

looks like a nice toturial , maybe there is hope for me smile_o.gif ;)

but would be cool if someone could make this helicopter smile_o.gif

but if i CAN modeling i will try to make own smile_o.gif