Harnu

OFP photography - Questions & comments

@Ace i have a Geforce 6600 GT but i can`t use more than 8* AA. So how u make it that the card have 16* AA??

@Ace i have a Geforce 6600 GT but i can`t use more than 8* AA. So how u make it that the card have 16* AA??

My bad its 8x AA and 16x AF smile_o.gif .

@Parvus - notworthy.gif

I see you're really enjoying the warrior then

Can Pavus have his own CP thread/comments thread so people dont 'clog up' this thread with 'ZOMFG Pavus pwns'

icon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry, but it's slightly annoying to see the only non-Pavus directed comments comming from said person

(Yeh, I'm slightly exadurating, theres ShadowY's comment and Acecombats post which are unrelated to Mr Pavus, and thats about it)

[/rant]

Nice pics Pavus!!1

- Ben

Can Pavus have his own CP thread/comments thread so people dont 'clog up' this thread with 'ZOMFG Pavus pwns'

icon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry, but it's slightly annoying to see the only non-Pavus directed comments comming from said person

(Yeh, I'm slightly exadurating, theres ShadowY's comment and Acecombats post which are unrelated to Mr Pavus, and thats about it)

[/rant]

Nice pics Pavus!!1

- Ben

grow up...

he's taken interest in our work and showing it off to the community... I don't need to be told how to act, behave or what to do on these forums.

Can Pavus have his own CP thread/comments thread

No.

But you're welcome to challenge his abilities by posting your own screenshots.

nice pics all

- Ace, have you seen the house in the middle of your pic? - looks unbelievably nice!

Hmm which house? Those are just normal BIS resistance buildings (the pics from Modrova).

Oh just to let you all know this was my first few pics i took recently on my new shiny card NX 6600GT biggrin_o.gif , before this i used to have geforce 2 lets hope we some improvements. Even though i didnt see any i had 16x AA and AF on that pic and the edges still show up on some objects confused_o.gif .

You run DXDLL while taking shots?

My bad its 8x AA and 16x AF smile_o.gif .

Ok! I want to test it in Flashpoint in a few days.

nice pics all

- Ace, have you seen the house in the middle of your pic? - looks unbelievably nice!

Hmm which house? Those are just normal BIS resistance buildings (the pics from Modrova).

Oh just to let you all know this was my first few pics i took recently on my new shiny card NX 6600GT  biggrin_o.gif  , before this i used to have geforce 2 lets hope we some improvements. Even though i didnt see any i had 16x AA and AF on that pic and the edges still show up on some objects  confused_o.gif .

You run DXDLL while taking shots?

Yes after getting my new card , not previously with my old card i didnt and AA and AF worked on OFP then confused_o.gif .

I only use dxdll for the colour effect as its very much like Nvidias Digital vibrance function but for OFP only.

One of my personal observations now that i;ve upgraded is this that new cards with all these pixel shader support and all somehow ruin OFP's graphics especially the ground textures and night sky dont look good and nights now seem too black&white , one more reason why i use dxdll to use its night shader effect to counter the B&W thing.

What King Homer wanted to point out is that DXDLL´s postprocessing feature literally ruins all Anti Aliasing.

It doesn´t even look all that edgy if you turn off AA in your 3d settings and then enable postprocessing but with AA it´s just horrible biggrin_o.gif

Can Pavus have his own CP thread/comments thread

No.

But you're welcome to challenge his abilities by posting your own screenshots.

I do post my own screenshots, as do many other people, but it's a shame they dont get feedback most of the time, no?

Also, I'm not telling people what to do, I'm mearly stating (in my own way) that people seem to almost ignore most people screenshots icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, how big an impact does AA/AF have on performace in OFP? (And I assume this is enabled via the card settings, not OFP's settings tounge2.gif)

I'll have a try with it, with DXDLL it halfs the framerate, which can make OFP hard to play at times.

Finaly, does it effect the action menu/crosshairs etc? Like... this?

That, and the perfomace, is the only reason I dont have postprocessing on.. The glowy UI is kinda hard on your eyes tounge2.gif

- Ben

DBR_ONIX, it depends on your card. For example an MX440 makes Flashpoint lag even if you have 2xAA turned on, but a Radeon 9800 Pro doesn't have any problems running OFP on full AA and AF. However both cards can run postprocessing pretty well I think.

DBR_ONIX, it depends on your card. For example an MX440 makes Flashpoint lag even if you have 2xAA turned on, but a Radeon 9800 Pro doesn't have any problems running OFP on full AA and AF. However both cards can run postprocessing pretty well I think.

I doubt it that running full AA & AF on any card will not affect OFP performance , i think it will i havent tried it on my 6600GT to that extent yet to make a judgement but i do think that it will add to slow FPS since OFP has big viewdistances and many objects onscreen at once.

I put AA to 4x, OFP goes at 15FPS (On menu, and in editor > desert island with one unit)

Put AA/AF on full, 5-8 FPS... sad_o.gif

Tried with perfomace on High Performace (Not quality as it was before), no change really.

The PC specs are.. 2.8GHz AMD 2800+ or something around that. 128MB Geforce FX 5600. 1GB RAM (Not sure of type/speed of hand).

OFP tends to run around 20-40 FPS. In MP anyway, in which I'm hosting, so that slows it down a bit too..

Don't see why AA/AF should kill FPS so much.

I'll try it in a few other games at some point, see how much it slows down, then I can either blame the PC or OFP's age tounge2.gif

- Ben

I doubt it that running full AA & AF on any card will not affect OFP performance , i think it will i havent tried it on my 6600GT to that extent yet to make a judgement but i do think that it will add to slow FPS since OFP has big viewdistances and many objects onscreen at once.

You're kinda right, but OFP is not really demanding in graphics. Sometimes I use DXDLL but sometimes AA and AF, and I gotta tell you that AA & AF don't affect the FPS as much as DXDLL. I use 1km viewdistance when I play SP or MP and 3km viewdistance when I mess around in the mission editor and take screenshots.

For people who have photoshop and for people who hate 100kb rule, dont know about this feature  yay.gif

http://www.zymic.com/view_tutorial.php?id=126

(giving link because i'm too lazy to write this tounge2.gif )

Reduce your image size without any quality loss.  thumbs-up.gif

if i have 1600X1200 and use this way i get image in 540 Kb before this it was 1.5 MB  pistols.gif Also this will save lives of people with dial-up wow_o.gif

hmmm USSRsniper's trick thing does work notworthy.gif

in ECP there is "gamelogic" doors that you can place anywhere you wish wink_o.gif

there is also a couple of other "gamelogic" stuff in ECP smile_o.gif

How do you remove the black bars on top/bottom of pic which is a result from using camera.sqs? confused_o.gif

How do you remove the black bars on top/bottom of pic which is a result from using camera.sqs? confused_o.gif

showCinemaBorder false whistle.gif

Or use DXDLL Disable UI.

But thats better for using when filming from those camera addons, or using gun scope as camera

It'll stop some effect showing, like sun-flare though sad_o.gif

- Ben

showCinemaBorder false whistle.gif

where do you type that? (what field? (on activation, init, etc.)