Harnu

OFP photography - Questions & comments

Woo Franze the release of those babies seems close or am i mistaken wink_o.gif

Cant wait to get my hands on this stuff to finally make some decent helo missions with the Apache. thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for the kind words, and I'd hope release is soon. Unless someone throws a monkey wrench in my plans! crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Like the F18, hopefully we now have a Hornet with afterburner and multiple missiles! thumbs-up.gif Looks great!

AIM-9, AIM-120, AIM-7, AGM-65, AGM-154, and AGM-88 to be exact. Not counting bombs.

AB pushes you to about 1200kmh, but it costs you mega on fuel. wink_o.gif Better have that F/A-18F with Buddy Pod handy for those long flights!

Yup,the F-18 is quite extrodinary,the canopy will even be blown off if you reach high speeds with it open,but I won't give away too many details.

I will however say this,those of you that saw the images of things such as the Mi-28,these units are not made to be the usual high detail OFP units,but moreso very low poly and low detailed units that are used for air ops,currently the highest is just under 2000 or so faces,max texture size is a single 1024x1024,so they will need no modifying for possibility to be in Armed Assault as far as textures go.

And before anyone asks or thinks,no that is not the latest Longbow model with lighting fixes or textures so that it has better performance.

Guest RKSL-Rock
OMG Rock, a Candid!  wow_o.gif

I've wanted one of those for years!

Its been in game years!  Its really only short the cockpit textures and cargo scripting.

Its the same with the C-17A and C-130 packs.  I promise you though they will mak it into ArmA one way or another.

Guest RKSL-Rock
@RockofSL:

Any chance to see one of this babys ingame for OFP?

Quite honestly I doubt the fully fledged version will ever see OFP.

Given some time to tidy it up I might release a partially scripted version but I really cant promise anything right now.

Fair enough, I'd be satisfied with an unscripted version. There are plenty of external scripts out there anyway which we can use, should be want a particular feature smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Fair enough, I'd be satisfied with an unscripted version. There are plenty of external scripts out there anyway which we can use, should be want a particular feature  smile_o.gif

I dont release addons for other people to hack about.

Lol I'm the last person who'll be 'hacking about'... I couldn't hack my way out of a paper bag (yeah sorry, fist thing that came to mind huh.gif )

I meant, you could release the Candid as a simple aircraft, with no special scripts or anything, and should someone want to, say, simulate a mass airdrop, then there are scripts they can use which they'd simply execute from the mission itself, I didnt mean add scripts to the addon itself...

Rock, any progress on your SAM's ?

I really like the landing lights in the pics to thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Rock, any progress on your SAM's ?

I really like the landing lights in the pics to  thumbs-up.gif

Yeah some progress.  I'm just re-mapping the FSC turrets.  I found an issue with the textures so im having to replace them.  sad_o.gif

We've still got some MP testing and bug fixes to work on but UNN and I haven’t managed to catch each other on line to do the MP testing so we’re a bit behind schedule.

RE The landing lights.  They are part of RKSL Test Island 1 - just fly over the International Airport in the east in the dark and you cant miss them.

Rock of SL would the IL-76 Candid have the Mainstay AEW variant ?

If you read the OLD RKSL thread you'll see the IL-76/78 and A50 listed.

we decided along time ago that it wasn’t worth making AEW/AWACS platforms until we could actually make them useful.  with the plans we have for ArmA you will definitely see them and a few other bits of kit.

A while ago I was trying to figure out a way of simulating a SEAD platform, and with the help of someone here (I'm sorry but I've forgotten his name) we managed a pretty good, working simulation. If this can be achieved, can't an AEW&C platform be simulated?

Anyhoo, deviating from the original 'request' now. I'd just love to have a simple Candid, doesn't have to have knobs and shiny bits inlove.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
A while ago I was trying to figure out a way of simulating a SEAD platform, and with the help of someone here (I'm sorry but I've forgotten his name) we managed a pretty good, working simulation. If this can be achieved, can't an AEW&C platform be simulated?

Anyhoo, deviating from the original 'request' now. I'd just love to have a simple Candid, doesn't have to have knobs and shiny bits  inlove.gif

There are some missions that simulate SEAd in a rigid way but ive never seen one that was 'dynamic' ie the target wasnt pre scripted.

AEW&C can be simulated but again as with the SEAD stuff preivious attempts have been mission based and very limited.

If we can pull it off  in ArmA we're trying to devleop a derivative of the RKSL FCSS to simulate AWACS and eventually JSTARS/JTIDS dynamically.  So you could place the units on the map 'tag' them with a cut and paste line in the init and they would then become valid targets for SEAD/AWACS/JTIDS enabled addons... Im sure its possible in OFP but we just havent had the time to develop it.  By the time we do ArmA will be the game of choice.  thumbs-up.gif

As for your original request... I have the rapiers and harrier to finish before i do anything else.

Quote[/b] ]So you could place the units on the map 'tag' them with a cut and paste line in the init and they would then become valid targets for SEAD/AWACS/JTIDS enabled addons

This is how I did it for the SEAD mission, 'tagged' the systems in the mission editor to become valid targets for the EW platform, and it worked.

The basic layout of the mission was a C-130 (representing an EC-130H Compass Call) orbiting the AO, and whatever air defence system came in range of the C-130's electronic jamming system would be rendered ineffective. I could fly around, give the Shilkas V signs and they'd sit there crying, but as soon as the C-130 was out of range, I'd get lit up.

hahaha nice pictures all!

@parvus

With this dude on the AA gun you can be sure that he'll go thrue all the ammo in no time! pistols.gifpistols.gif

@Wilco

Cool picture, the word PWNED comes to mind! rofl.gif

Great screens, Sudayev. I especially like the colour Scud launching picture. Reminds me of C&C Generals smile_o.gif

its neither wink_o.gif

Linky

Its based off the zebra stripe concept.... same reason the falklands amphib landers were in zebra stripes too... it breaks up the shape as it sits on the horizon... or at least thats how its meant to work. I'm sure rockape knows a little more on the subject.

obviously it works well in artic conditions too, but is unrelated to that use.... not many zebras in snowy climates are there tounge2.gif