Harnu

OFP photography - Questions & comments

in WWII planes never whent into a dogfight with bombs under their wings, the mission would be called of and or a group of planes would push on while others jettisoned their load and engaged the enemy!

Those planes are slow to start with they need all the power they can get to win a dogfight!

Nice pictures though!!!! yay.gif

MI_Fred, some of those pictures are great biggrin_o.gif I like the pen-writing, buut.. theres the OFP UI in some of the pictures, use DXDLL's disable UI thing!  mad_o.gif  tounge2.gif

Is the writing a font or did you write that and scan it in? Or hand drawen on PC etc?

The OFP UI is only in one of the pics tounge2.gif  wink_o.gif

I think he's used PS for the writing...there's loads of different types there wink_o.gif

As usual my secretary knows best  tounge2.gif

It is a PS font, my old version doesn't even have any handwriting ones, and of over 700 acquired ones only 5 were any good. This one's 'Lefty casual' heh. A bit of italics and bold and it's almost enough scrawny. But the scanning would be a good idea, too bad I don't write print that naturally. Tho looking at the steady flow of camera.sqs set ups here I'd be almost alone with the artistic stuff (and most of all MP, can't drop GUI all of the sudden)  whistle.gif

App Button + PrintScreen takes screenie without UI biggrin_o.gif

It hides it, takes screenie and reenables it < second later.

It's usefull for "real" missions, where your still playing at the time (I.e switch to pistol optics, App+Print Screen and you have a nice screenshot with no UI or gun model getting in way)

Oh, and incase anyone doesn't get sarcasim, I do not intend to take screenies of WW2 planes tounge2.gif

- Ben

Why would you crazy_o.gif

And what would happen if we actually could see something on your screenshots whistle.gifnener.gif

Quote[/b] ]Tho looking at the steady flow of camera.sqs set ups here I'd be almost alone with the artistic stuff (and most of all MP, can't drop GUI all of the sudden) whistle.gif

Almost all of the screenies I've posted before that.. mass? were taken in MP tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why would you crazy_o.gif

Wha? tounge2.gif Why would I want? (assuming it was me you were refering to..)

Quote[/b] ]you can see my landies... makes me happy biggrin_o.gif

And sadly US HYK Soldiers, since that was all I had Desert-wise sad_o.gif

- Ben

thanks for such lovely pics of our landies parvus... i'd even go as far as saying it's an honour biggrin_o.gif

shame you didnt play around with some of the scripts for them though... a bit of mud etc would have been nice smile_o.gif

Nice Pics Burns.... smile_o.gif

Raptor wink_o.gif

thanks for such lovely pics of our landies parvus... i'd even go as far as saying it's an honour  biggrin_o.gif

shame you didnt play around with some of the scripts for them though... a bit of mud etc would have been nice  smile_o.gif

i always delete the readme first - that's really a shame sad_o.gif

=> would you gimme plz the init line?

nice pictures on the swedish forces pack, what are those units Swedish SF?

What kind of weapons are they useing, also modded with extra kit...

thanks for such lovely pics of our landies parvus... i'd even go as far as saying it's an honour biggrin_o.gif

shame you didnt play around with some of the scripts for them though... a bit of mud etc would have been nice smile_o.gif

i always delete the readme first - that's really a shame sad_o.gif

=> would you gimme plz the init line?

Is it what you need ?

Quote[/b] ]SCRIPTS LIST FOR MISSION EDITORS

==================================

ROYAL MARINES SPECIFICATION - The Royal Marines use customised WMIKs which have the side

engine vents removed, and a snorkel added for deep water forging:

-DESERT:

[vehiclename] exec "\ukf_wmik\UKF_RMDES.sqs"

-WOODLAND:

[vehiclename] exec "\ukf_wmik\UKF_RMG.sqs"

CLANSMAN ANTENNA - Adds left, right or both antenna and an optional flag texture:

-DESERT:

[vehiclename, "texturename"] exec "\ukf_wmik\UKF_antennaLDES.sqs" - Left antenna with flag texture

[vehiclename, ""] exec "\ukf_wmik\UKF_antennaLDES.sqs" - Left antenna with no texture

[vehiclename, "texturename"] exec "\ukf_wmik\UKF_antennaRDES.sqs" - Right antenna with flag texture

[vehiclename, ""] exec "\ukf_wmik\UKF_antennaRDES.sqs" - Right antenna with no texture

-WOODLAND:

[vehiclename, "texturename"] exec "\ukf_wmik\UKF_antennaLG.sqs" - Left antenna with flag texture

[vehiclename, ""] exec "\ukf_wmik\UKF_antennaLG.sqs" - Left antenna with no texture

[vehiclename, "texturename"] exec "\ukf_wmik\UKF_antennaRG.sqs" - Right antenna with flag texture

[vehiclename, ""] exec "\ukf_wmik\UKF_antennaRG.sqs" - Right antenna with no texture

Supplied with the addon are three flag textures - Red, Blue and The Light Infantry:

"\ukf_wmik\red.paa"

"\ukf_wmik\blue.paa"

"\ukf_wmik\li.paa"

Can also utilise the BIS flags pack:

"\Flags\countryname.jpg"

Or a custom flag texture placed in the mission folder:

"texturename.jpg"

CAMOUFLAUGE NETTING - Adds camouflage netting to various places on the model:

-DESERT:

[vehiclename] exec "\ukf_wmik\UKF_camnetDES.sqs"

-WOODLAND:

[vehiclename] exec "\ukf_wmik\UKF_camnetG.sqs"

Can also be added individually:

-DESERT:

vehiclename setobjecttexture [4, "\ukf_wmik\descam.paa"] - Bonnet

vehiclename setobjecttexture [5, "\ukf_wmik\descam.paa"] - Front

vehiclename setobjecttexture [6, "\ukf_wmik\descam.paa"] - Front Sides

vehiclename setobjecttexture [7, "\ukf_wmik\descam.paa"] - Rollbar

vehiclename setobjecttexture [8, "\ukf_wmik\descam.paa"] - Gun Ring

vehiclename setobjecttexture [9, "\ukf_wmik\descam.paa"] - Rear Sides

-WOODLAND:

vehiclename setobjecttexture [4, "\ukf_wmik\greencam.paa"] - Bonnet

vehiclename setobjecttexture [5, "\ukf_wmik\greencam.paa"] - Front

vehiclename setobjecttexture [6, "\ukf_wmik\greencam.paa"] - Front Sides

vehiclename setobjecttexture [7, "\ukf_wmik\greencam.paa"] - Rollbar

vehiclename setobjecttexture [8, "\ukf_wmik\greencam.paa"] - Gun Ring

vehiclename setobjecttexture [9, "\ukf_wmik\greencam.paa"] - Rear Sides

DIRT LAYERS - Adds either a sand or mud layer on the vehicles:

-SAND:

[vehiclename] exec "\ukf_wmik\ukf_sand.sqs"

-MUD:

[vehiclename] exec "\ukf_wmik\ukf_mud.sqs"

-RED SAND:

[vehiclename] exec "\ukf_wmik\ukf_redsand.sqs"

IRAQ/AFGHANISTAN OPERATIONS - Applies IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) Panels, Unit

Markings and other related items to the vehicle (Minefield plates etc) - DESERT VERSIONS

ONLY

[vehiclename] exec "\ukf_wmik\ukf_iraq.sqs"

spot on... although i did send it via IM to stop anyone thinking i was pimping stuff in this thread whistle.gif

spot on... although i did send it via IM to stop anyone thinking i was pimping stuff in this thread whistle.gif

well, I don't see any scripts that give your landies a discoboll, hydraulics, of a purple camoscheme, so don't worry crazy_o.giftounge2.gif .

EDIT: and if you implement ANY of that in the next version i'm taking a shovel and will be coming over to your house tounge2.gif .

Quote[/b] ]if you implement ANY of that

Does implementing ALL of that still have the same concequence? tounge2.gif

That doesn't look right, it's the sort of thing you'd do looking right down the barrel, but the angle and blur (IMHO) look more messy than anything

Units look nice though smile_o.gif

Got an unblured pic? icon_rolleyes.gif

smile_o.gif

- Ben

nice pictures on the swedish forces pack, what are those units Swedish SF?

What kind of weapons are they useing, also modded with extra kit...

Thanks. smile_o.gif

The unit in the pics is the SOF-unit SSG; 'Särskilda Skyddsgruppen'.

Regarding the kit; They are wearing AN/PVS-14 NVG, black M/90 helmet, Bollé X800T goggles together with an AK5D(F) w/ attached silencer.

The sniper is using an Accuracy International AW Covert rifle.

DBR ONIX: Point taken. Un-blurred version can be best viewed when the units are released. wink_o.gif

excuse me for just butting in, but I have a question.

How do people make such high quality pics? I have heard about "AntiAliasling" or something but am not sure how to implement it in OFP. One other question, I understand some people use photoshop...can you achieve the same quality using paintshop pro?

thankyou, and I appologize for posting this question in the wrong forum. (I accidentaly posted in the photography thread, I didnt know you couldn't post question in there) sad_o.gif

One other question, I understand some people use photoshop...can you achieve the same quality using paintshop pro?

yes! but photoshop is hence it´s cool layer mangement better for making collages smile_o.gif

How do people make such high quality pics? I have heard about "AntiAliasling" or something but am not sure how to implement it in OFP. One other question, I understand some people use photoshop...can you achieve the same quality using paintshop pro?

thankyou, and I appologize for posting this question in the wrong forum. (I accidentaly posted in the photography thread, I didnt know you couldn't post question in there) sad_o.gif

Effects > Blur > Soften, in most cases improves the image.

For explosion patching up (I do that a lot tounge2.gif), use the select freehand tool, put the feather up to about 20-40, select around the explosion, copy and paste an new layer (Ctrl + L), and change layer blending, merge layers, select explosion and change brightness/contrast (Then you can do stuff like put feather upto 200 and select around the explosion again, unlselect the explsion area with 10 feather brush and increase brightness etc)

For patching up things like low-LOD forests, clone brush (Hardness : 0) from a closer forest, use soften touch up brush etc

For smoke, make a new layer, select tool, feather 200 again, drag smallish circle, use fill tool to fill it with grey/white (Repeat a few times), and you can change layer blending etc, also using smudge to in circle-ish path can make it look better

PSP layer thing is messy with lots of layers, Photoshop beats it hands-down for layery stuff, and for making graphics/sigs etc, but for editing photos/screenshots I find PSP faar easier.

Finaly, remeber it doesn't matter if the mission slows your PC down when taking screenies, as screenshots are static smile_o.gif (For the Afganistan assault pictures I never got more than 5FPS crazy_o.gif )

Hmm, anyone else have any tips for editing/taking screenshots? smile_o.gif

- Ben