Sign in to follow this  
Vit-Vit Labs

Ka-52 HokumB

It's supposed to be the same chopper - ofcourse they'll look pretty much the same if both makers are pros!

Hmm a little bit to close for comfort i would say ah well we'll just wait and see the response from vitty

The model and textures of Vits and the one of POE Mod Ka52 are exact the same but hey if he has permission than I cant see anything wrong with it wink_o.gif

Vit ask permission to use their textures and model m8 to prevent yourself from problems.

Hmm a little bit to close for comfort i would say ah well we'll just wait and see the response from vitty

Seriously, don't you people think that this kind of cattiness is just pathetic? Idle speculation like this is what drives good honest addonmakers like Martin out. Lets just trust Vit's integrity on this huh?

It's definatly the same textures, what hes done is model the Model and textures as the POE mod one has different armaments on the sides.

that is not as difficult as you think..to change the weapon loadout you merely change the models under the pylons and enter it in the config as such...

Just look at the custom loadout choppers (KA-80 / Mi 28) by Hawk I believe you can change the pylon-loadout on the fly...

just wait and see

@M.Gripe: no1 is accusing Vit but the similarity is enourmous and it just wouldn't be fare to get credit for some1 else's work..(so don't take it as an insult or attack at vit's integrity)

just as it isn't fare to accuse someone wrongly so Vit can take the opportunity to 'clear' himself from any blaim by showing this is indeed his model or that he has permission to use the model if it is so..

It could as well be a coÄncidence or he took the POE one as an xample to start of from

Just to be on the clear side I am not speculating anything just stating what I see...(and not interpeting it in any way)

yes!!

I kill him! crazy_o.gif  mad_o.gif

I stop the project

and if this is them

i dont release  it untel

i can premission

Agh mad_o.gif Well I hope you do get permission if the model does in fact belong to another mod..

I do to this looks like an xelent chopper

Keep up the good work and please post some progres picca's on you killing the dude(or dudette) biggrin_o.gif

well if you want I can ask my friend Badscull (the one who made it) if you can use it although he is not on often and so it might be hard (that is if it is the POE model)

Again I see this problem arising , while I have respect for all the addon makers. I personally believe that if a mod or addon is abandoned any person/s should have the right to complete it, and of course give credit to the orginal author. I get annoyed that a lot of people in the community that believe that it is stealing when someone want to complete an addon that has been dicarded or is part of a mod that has none or very little momentum.I am not saying this about this particular mod.  The addon makers are not asking for money for any of their work, then why do they do it?? To give to the OPFLASH community and recieve our genuine gratitude. This silly crap what stopped a lot of great addons being released.It's a hobby for Christ's sake not your real job! Knock it off guys!.Your right on the money Major Gripe!!

I can’t believe the shit this forum is Turing into, and some of the pompous wankers that dwell here

I ask a simply question, I point no fingers, and I get an aggressive PM, from a rather prominent add-on maker basically having a go at me for destroying the mod community.

Vit, I do not cast any hint of suspicion towards you, I merely asked what I believe to be a legit question on the origin of the model, I play POE a lot and really like that copter, and would love to see it.

And to the add-on maker who sent me the PM, guilty conscious?

I don't blame you sv5000. YOu ask a good question and the model and textures do look the same.

I hope Vit can continue the work on this great looking chopper and release it.

As for the PM you recieved sv5000;

I strongly suggest you forward it to a Mod and it will de dealt with. We can't allow such things to happen. Forum old-timers and fellow addonmakers should know better.

Vit is a thief   wink_o.gif you is not modeler, you cant doing models. Vit use ready model and convert it in the p3d biggrin_o.gif

Vit is a thief wink_o.gif you is not modeler, you cant doing models. Vit use ready model and convert it in the p3d biggrin_o.gif

Man don't start that crap again. Enjoy what people are doing for you, as long as nobody is hurt by being stolen from who cares where the model is from? If it's a free model on the net, why not? Are you that good that you can disrespect people for taking free models? They're not making money of it, so what's your problem?

Well, even if true, he adds LODs, weapons, configs and let us play with nice, new addons...  smile_o.gif

Let me see something done by you, theavenger  wink_o.gif

@hardroch & Snake7777777;

Good points.

@theavenger

Although you probably meant it as a joke, there are actually people who believe in this. What if would have used the BIS model as a base? Isen't that just as much 'stealing' as taking a free model from the net?

Addonmakers make stuff for free in their own limited spare time. We work very hard to deliver good addons and this what people repay us with? When you start modeling yourself you'll find out that the modeling is quite easy. It's not really hard to make a good model. But when you have to start a vehicle from scratch you'll find out that it's VERY hard to keep working on it for months to get it done. And when you finally have it done, you have to do the LOD's, config, scripts, textures, ect, ect. Trust me; very few people are capable of working on an addon for so long.

I don't think many people still know, but BAS started as TJP with retexturing BIS helo's. Those were great addons. Deadmeat made a M134 minigun on a BIS Blackhawk as his first addon. After that he joined BAS. All addonmakers started small. We've all grown and addons have improved a lot. But what people forget is that higher-quality addons also means that they have taken much more time to complete.

Vit is a thief wink_o.gif you is not modeler, you cant doing models. Vit use ready model and convert it in the p3d biggrin_o.gif

Man don't start that crap again. Enjoy what people are doing for you, as long as nobody is hurt by being stolen from who cares where the model is from? If it's a free model on the net, why not? Are you that good that you can disrespect people for taking free models? They're not making money of it, so what's your problem?

Personally if it was my model, and someone used it on a "Because I can" basis to make their own, did nothing to get my permission.. I'd be pretty pissed..

Like if someone decided to modify the UK pack becuase it's not currnetly being worked on.. I'd not give permission for that.

It may be a hobby but it's each addon maker's hobby, and what they produce is theirs.. it's not for other people to decide what happens to their stuff.

I remember the time when DKM was accused of using stuff from that same BF mod, the TOS-1. It's sometimes a hobby of people to point the finger. sad_o.gif

Oh, and that's not to say I agree with Avenger.. the opposite infact.