Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP v.2.0

That is sweet!

I love the M1A2 Abrams. The previous version of the M1A2 SEP was awesome but this one its juts superb:)

Great job, I can't wait to see the desert version and for the release.

If You would need betatesters, count me in:)

Awsome job with that m1a2 SEP, It looks really realistic. Much more realistic then the standard BIS version anyway tounge2.gif

Greet

Rotten

Have you considered adding cargo proxies similar to some RHS/ORCS/VITAPC vehicles? Riding on armour while on patrol or moving to an objective is excellent.

Officially it's not done but soldiers are lazy in each army i guess and if there are some tanks moving in the same direction why dont spare a lot of walking? wink_o.gif

Whats the flashlight on the barrel for and will it also have picatinny rails? tounge2.gif

Whats the flashlight on the barrel for and will it also have picatinny rails?  tounge2.gif

lol! rofl.gif it's laser designator, which fires into the "target" and gets the range from tank to the "target" rofl.gif

looks great... my only comment would be te black boxes around the insignia/unit markings on the first picture - perhaps its the angle but they look more like they've been painted on in photoshop after the picture was taken... they dont seem to blend as well

perhaps its just me tounge2.gif

Whats the flashlight on the barrel for and will it also have picatinny rails? tounge2.gif

lol! rofl.gif it's laser designator, which fires into the "target" and gets the range from tank to the "target"

Not quite, the laser designator is housed in the "box" on the top of the turret (in front of the commanders cupola)

The "thing" on the end of the barrel is the Muzzle Reference Sensor, the sensor essentially tells the Gunnery Computer where the muzzle is pointing. The MRS works with the Gunnery Computer to calculate the correct elevation of the barrel so that the round should hit the taret being designated by the Gunners Primary Sight. For first round firings this isnt so important (as the elevation can be calculated at the pivot) but after an extended period of firing the barrel can warp, so the MRS allows for corrections in the aim to keep shots accurate.

[Edit]<s>The tank is looking damn nice guys, out of interest whos doing what (models, textures etc)?</s>[/Edit]

[Edit 2]Just read back a bit and saw Fishkopp did the original model and textures, but who's doing the editing to that model?[/Edit 2]

Hot dancing bananas, thats looking good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Looking good so far. One thing that I would like to point out is that the MRS is not supposed to be parallel to the gun barrel.

@ Mar. 19 2006,18:11)]Looking good so far. One thing that I would like to point out is that the MRS is not supposed to be parallel to the gun barrel.

Indeed.

Good reference on it here

(complete walkarounds)

Tanks look great but I think the textures of desert ver. is too light. confused_o.gif

Nice vehicles but too clean for a service used desert vehicle. No fuel stains or oil stains.

That tank is a demo tank as the prototype M1A2 SEP note the stupid logo on the track skirt. "Its was extra well taken care of being placed in display for Penetagon brass.

I'd tend to agree, they do look a little too clean.

A few points to note (which I've just noticed myself)

In this image you can see that the central hubs of the roadwheels are tan, and the outer parts are black.

m1a2desert1.jpg

Now in this image of the roadwheels being painted

m1a1-painting-tank-desert.jpg

You can see that the center of the hub is masked with tape, this is because the center of the hub is made from clear plexi, which allows the crew to visually check the fluid levels in the suspension.

The Main gun seems to be too small, the muzzle just looks too small in comparison to other parts of the tank, again I think hmmwv's post shows this.

Its common practice to remove the final plate in the armour side-skirt in order to prevent the buildup of mud on the drive sprocket, could you cater for this with a hidden selection?

Think thats about it for now tounge2.gif

$0.02 has been deposited into your account biggrin_o.gif

[Edit]I knew there was one more thing i meant to point out tounge2.gif

The drive sprocket seems to be way too big. It looks like is was based off the old type of sprocket which had a large disc over the whole assembly.

The new model sprocket only just reaches the edge of the tracks, thus:

m1a1_62.jpg

[/Edit]

King Homer, I just want to say that your tank looks great even as it appears now.  I hope you do not let the community overwhelm you with various request.  We are grateful for what you (and everyone assisting you) have done so far.  Even if you do not act upon all of the observations that are coming from various people, including my own, your addon will still be well received by many people.

At this point, the one change that would have the greatest and overall positive visual impact to this project would be what xnodunitx commented on.  He has a good point about the smoke dischargers.  Also, for future reference the designation of the smoke dischargers is M250.

yeah, it looks great, I hope it comes out soon, even though I would still like a M1A1 and also 1 with the M1 Mine Clearing System smile_o.gif. But we always don't get what we wish for. I have not been keeping up with this topic all that well, Is the added textures like the arrow signs and other crap (the middle finger) will they be this setobjecttexture or will they be scripted... I hope they are this setobjecttexture.