Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP v.2.0

Good moring lads, we proudly present the final version of our tank:

M1A2 SEP v.2.0

After another 3 month of hard work we're back with our brand new old tank smile_o.gif

We have fixed a lot of scripts, removed old ones and added some new. Also some new effects and 2 new tanks are included.

The tank should be full multiplayer compatible now and should be bugfree too smile_o.gif .

But I need to say:

We didn't include the Commander MG Script as promised. I'm sorry about this but we couldn't get it working due the strict engine limitations, even after 2 intensive month of work. I'd like to thank Kenji from RHS mod for his great help and support with this. Also I'd like to thank T_D who tried his best.

For everyone who didn't understand wink_o.gif :

This tank will NOT feature a working tank commander MG. So please don't ask any question about it. NO questioning about including this script in any updates or other addons.

For further information I'll post the Readme:

Quote[/b] ]M1A2 SEP Pack

Addon Name: INQ_M1A2

Version: 2.0

By

==

Inquisitor (klingonen9999@freenet.de)

[b.B.S.] T_D (T_Dittmar@web.de)

King Homer (kinghomer@homers-armory.com)

Special thanks to

=================

raedor

aGu.Nelson

Silesian

FerretFangs

Pennywise

Parvus

Mr.Burns

Kenji

Scruffy

ShadowNX

Bobcatt

CREDITS

=======

- Sigma6 for basic model and textures

- CBT for some model parts and modified Bradley crew

- DKM for smoke and crew Scripts

- Marfy for some textures

- LLW Mod for M240 textures

- ORCS Mod for ICP effect scripts

- Hyakushiki for Winter textures for the Bradley crew

VERSION HISTORY

===============

1.0 (12-28-04)

- First release

2.0 (04-07-05)

- Final release

CHANGES

=======

*added*

1. Unique markings on M1A2 SEP Desert

2. M1A2 SEP in OD camo

3. M1A2 SEP in snow camo

4. Crew in snow camo

*fixed*

1. Reworked models of M1A2

2. APAM script now lagfree

3. APAM multiplayer compability

4. STAFF script, engage targets at extendend ranges: from 500m up to 2250m

5. AI can target & hit with STAFF

6. APFSDS, MPAT, APAM ballistics corrected, possible to engage targets at longer ranges

7. MG now more powerfull, AI can engage better with MG

8. MG ballistics fixed

9. Tracers for MG and main cannon now work on low FPS

10. Commander optics changed

11. Different sounds were fixed

12. Armor values changed for better compability with RHS tanks

13. Many more small bugfixes

INSTALLATION

============

There is 1 PBO file in the rar file, which need to be extracted into your Operation Flashpoint/Addons folder.

(NOTE: you can use either the OFP/Addons or Res/Addons folder)

COMPABILITY

===========

This addon is tested with following mods:

FlashFX 1.9

FDF Mod 1.3

Y2K3 7.0

ADDED UNITS

============

West - Armored: M1A2 SEP Desert

West - Armored: M1A2 SEP Green

West - Armored: M1A2 SEP Winter

West - Armored: M1A2 SEP Woodland

REQUIRED ADDONS

===============

CBT_Crew

(Download: ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/CBT_APC_CREW_V1.0.rar)

JAM2

(Download: ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/OFPR_Addon_BAS_JAM2.zip)

FEATURES

========

- cannon recoil simulation script

- suspension inertial effects simulation script

- vehicle burning script

- conceald driver optics

- tracer script for cannon and mg

- 4 different maingun armaments

- different effect scripts for the ammunitions

- Abrams now crewed with loader

- fully working smokelauncher and exhaust

...and much more

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--

Please visit the Official Forum for discussions of this addon. (http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi)

*************Disclaimer:*******************

This is NOT an official Addon. Use it at your own risk.

Enjoy the addon!

SEP_Collage_s1.JPG

Pic by Parvus

promoM1A2Desert.jpg

promoM1A2Green.jpg

promoM1A2Nato.jpg

promoM1A2Winter.jpg

Pics by Inquisitor

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Download:</span>

OFP.info Mirror #1 (10,7 MB, *.rar)

OFP.info Mirror #2 (10,7 MB, *.rar)

Thx for mirrors @ ofp.info

Regards

King Homer

Ugh finally got my account working again.

Let me be the first to congradulate you guys on your amazing work!

what about the tank commander MG you promised... just kidding. great work as always!

SHIT YEAH, yahoo9gm.gif

Good to see some nice heavy weight in OFP.

BTW.

Now people copy the readme file and make it your template. Especially the credit part.

Sorry for the offtopic.

after a crappy night at work i come home and see this, a beautiful end to a shitty night, thanks Homer....time to go run me over some bad guys biggrin_o.gif

after a crappy night at work i come home and see this, a beautiful end to a shitty night, thanks Homer....time to go run me over some bad guys biggrin_o.gif

Don't talk about crappy day.

While I was happy sketching my first ever texture map I heard my TV blow up & burn behind my back.

Fantastic work guys, love it.

Only ONE problem tho. The gunners optics are on the right hand side of the turret, but the memory point still has it over the barrel.

Other than that minor point, this baby is sweet and hell it works fine as it is.

(Just keep a note for IF you update again wink_o.gif )

Nice work lads

One word fellahs

GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks lads for the hardwork

problem with the STAFF round. Gunner wont lock with it. Confirmed this at 900m. Even as gunner I cant get the Staff to work. I get the box when I lock on a target but the diamond wont come up with STAFF round. It does with all other rounds.

Now on the other hand what is nerve racking is if you are in a BMP up against this tank. and you can see that 120mm tracer come right for your forehead just before you explode. Yikes.

Well having spent a few hours with these puppies, took a couple of platoons in a large scale mission. going against some od Sigmas armored unots out a 2000 meters was an intersting battle to say the last, notiticed the AI again bail out the minute the track is hit. Even if there are support units nearby for repairs. gunners are able to achive better ability of hitting thier targets now at range.

But chicken AI you end up becoming dissmounted infantry farily quickly in a armored battle. I think the armored velues are a little too low still, on frontal shot from a M84 shouldn't smoke the tank.

Hot, hotter, hottest... thnks for that outstanding work!!! xmas_o.gif

problem with the STAFF round. Gunner wont lock with it. Confirmed this at 900m. Even as gunner I cant get the Staff to work. I get the box when I lock on a target but the diamond wont come up with STAFF round. It does with all other rounds.

Now on the other hand what is nerve racking is if you are in a BMP up against this tank. and you can see that 120mm tracer come right for your forehead just before you explode. Yikes.

That's how STAFF works! Gunner is targeting above the target to get STAFF activated. It is not activated on a direct hit, only while flying over the target.

Very nice work guys, especially love the scripts and the winter version smile_o.gif

ok but when he or I fire the STAFF nothing happens to the enemy tank. Should I see an explosion or something overhead? I notice no affect.

ps

just reconfirmed... had the gunner lock on target... get the target box... the gunner is definitely aiming over the target.. he fires.... no affect at 1590m. Had to take the target out with a sabot. Great tracer on the sabot though.

Guest [B.B.S.] T_D

Maybe the distance to the target isnt big enough. At least 500m are necessary for working STAFF but you should get a message if you are not far enough.

ok but when he or I fire the STAFF nothing happens to the enemy tank. Should I see an explosion or something overhead? I notice no affect.

ps

just reconfirmed... had the gunner lock on target... get the target box... the gunner is definitely aiming over the target.. he fires.... no affect at 1590m.  Had to take the target out with a sabot. Great tracer on the sabot though.

Change gunner tounge_o.gif Try to increase "skill" of AI. I got no problems with AI using STAFF, range ~700-2000 meters.

More, in previous version of M1A2 SEP it was not easy for human gunner to find good level of gun before firing a STAFF, now it is not so hard task - STAFF looks smarter.

I did not tried it much - so no other word about balance against other tanks - but when moved from TC seat into loader saw strange thing. First, in internal view, gunner moved from his seat and stand on it, very close to TC. In external view - loader hatch was open with gunner watching around. When I moved back from loader into TC position gunner change his position very fast and again was sitting on his seat.

Nice work, I wish I have more time to play with it. Tracers works perfectly. APAM - not. Still not very accurate and PC-unfriendly. MPAT hit effect is worth of seeing, especially at night. STAFF... well, for me - still too much smoke there - but it is nice to see that there is direct path from place of explosion of projectile to target (I wish to see explosion effect that would be something between STAFF and CBT TOW2B).