Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

Imperial Japan Navy Destroyer

Phil, ever thought about working with Shinkansen who is working with me and PW on the Pacific which is huge on ships, as I displayed 3 ships by Shinkansen not too long ago. Consider it wink_o.gif

Anyway, I tried it in game, its sexy biggrin_o.gif

Though, maybe lessen the armour or somthing so that it CAN die cuz I even tried using 8 F4U's and I couldn't sink it! mad_o.gif

Thanks for the feedback...guess i will have to balance the weaponery between realism and game...

Shinkansen & Miles: Thanks for the feedback..i will certainly look in the areas that u mentioned and will experiment with what you say and it may just work.

As for the preconfigured turret names, based on my experiments, its perfectly ok as it is cos OFP engine will auto assign prefixes each time another copy appears ingame

However the only problem arise from this method of scripting is when u start linking the ships up, cos ofp engine only recognises 12 persons/objects per group, which one ship alone has already 12 persons. If its more than a group and a full scale warfare one needs, thank heavens we have the great COC team to look to! But thanks for your offer of help, much appreciated, but do go ahead with the ships u have already planned, i certainly look forward to the capital ship Yamato and the carrier!tounge_o.gif

XeLSiS, tks for the invitation, but i withheld joining any mod because i may not live up to their expectations and commitments for Real Life issues does come in the way..sigh...better off contributing whenever i can.

To get in empty turrets or ship, u will have to use triggers as mentioned in the readme, but do be aware that the turrets were meant for AI, so the quality of views may not be to your expectations. wink_o.gif  ( i figure since u can enter using the turret's preconfigured names, i guess u can make planes 'dofire' specifically on the named preconfigured turrets)

The developement of the isj-jin battle ship so far, compared against the akatsuki destroyer, without turrrets mounted yet:-

( Just for AAguns alone it realistically has 150 double/thripled barrelled guns..hell if i am gonna give it that kinda power!crazy_o.gif  )

horse644zh.jpg

For the heavy guns on that massive battleship, you might consider contacting TonyRanger from the PLA mod. He made a artillery system for his mod and could probably tell you how to put the system into your ship cannons. He's a pretty cool guy. Either that or maybe someone from the CoC mod might help on that. One thing we don't have now is realistic shore bombardment from Naval ships.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

However the only problem arise from this method of scripting is when u start linking the ships up, cos ofp engine only recognises 12 persons/objects per group, which one ship alone has already 12 persons. If its more than a group and a full scale warfare one needs, thank heavens we have the great COC team to look to! But thanks for your offer of help, much appreciated, but do go ahead with the ships u have already planned, i certainly look forward to the capital ship Yamato and the carrier!tounge_o.gif

Hi, You are right about that, I had forgotten the 12 person limitation. About The ISE Battleship, do you want to build it as the 1944 Configuration as a "Half-Carrier"? Can we use your guns and textures to improve our own modells?

Its gonna be as the shipyard plans, one plane winch at the rear. As for using the model's file, be my guest if u think it is worthy. I do this model only in the hope that others will use it and improve upon it. Once i have freely given away, its entirely up to others how they want to modify it so that all can cut down developement time, have a better game and improve ofp1 as we await ofp2. All the best! smile_o.gif

Hi, I love your ship, nice work!

Got a question though, why won't you do the ship in one model and only the geometry and roadway seperate?

I did this on my latest project (Shinano carrier) as can be seen on this picture:

Shinano

The boat is one model, and the 4 geometry/roadway parts are all seperate, I haven't tried this while moving but I think it will work smile_o.gif

Friendly greetings,

FW200

(Keep up the good work on your innovative addons btw!)

Hey FW200, great ship!!...looking forward to its release!

Your method would work as well. I tried it but realised that i would be losing a visual effect - parts breaking up - for when the lod is destroyed, the resolution with the lod will break up too. But if the ship was model whole and the lods separate, when the firegeolod and geolod gets destroyed, the ship would still look whole.

This 'visual parts breaking up' idea was proposed by the great Col Klink for visual effect. But no worries, either way its great as long as it is released! tounge_o.gif

And again ..... been away and missed the working links

Anyone got working links ?