Sign in to follow this  
LauryThorn

Mission for the weekend

Americans are landing on Malden! With your platoon, hold the enemy forces until our tanks get to the beach.

I found an old mission made by me, and reworked it a little. It's a WWII -style 'shoot enemy from prepared positions' -type mission. (It's so 1942 that I actually plan to make version that uses the Invasion '44 mod biggrin_o.gif)

Features:

- intro & outro (nothing special but still there smile_o.gif)

- artillery script with sounds

- lots of dead bodies

- NO unofficial addons, only official, like BMP2, Steyr, XMS and so forth, needed

- works on a low-spec computer (developed on PIII 700MHz)

Download it here.

As this is some sort of beta, I would like to hear comments. Is it too easy, too hard? Does it suck? Was it fun or just stupid? Typos? (Especially point out typos, since my english is not so good..) Anything? Over and out, have a nice weekend, try to get some fresh air also! smile_o.gif

Yeah, make it "Invasion '44" and drop us a post here as soon as it is ready wink_o.gif

Hi,LauryThorn

I tried your mission with fun smile_o.gif

Cutscenes are good enough to simply rise your tension up and prepare for the battle. I like that!

In a mission IMO though It's a bit easy to play.

More harass would be welcome such as more enemy infantries are coming from behind us with airbone or simply increase more enemy forces or second wave of enemy attack etc...

cuz I drove the whole opponents away before the reinforcements arrive.

Overall there is no problem and I enjoyed myself with your mission. If you were post it to OFPEC or other OFP sites as it is nobody complain about it. but I think If there is more difficulty, more guys would be grab your mission.

Keep up your good work smile_o.gif

Nice and easy mission, nice cutscenes. It would be really nice to make it COOP, with a lot more US troops or again you could make it Inv44 with tanks on both sides for instance wink_o.gif

I also played your mission with FFXUR : it really roxx smile_o.gif

Thanks for the feedback totala! So, you too think it's too easy? Maybe I should make it harder. Or, add some randomness to it, so if you just can't stop the attack, you can get a fresh restart and perhaps a little lighter attack. Are you playing in veteran or cadet mode? Maybe I could add randomness to the cadet version and more troops + randomness to veteran.

At the moment, the biggest random factor is the friendly BMP and whether the Americans can blow it up.