Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ti0n3r

OFP2 = Poor Graphics?

Guest Ti0n3r

Could it be that the reason we havent seen ANY screenshots of OFP2 is that it doesnt look good at all?

Im pretty sure most OFP fanatics dont care to much about the visual part...

Guest The Cobra

They're probably working on it smile_o.gif

But it sure will be better looking than 1... I hope

check how many artists bis has. do you think they didn't work since the release of resistance? wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
check how many artists bis has. do you think they didn't work since the release of resistance? wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

I dont know what to think...

How many 3D artists has been added since the last OFP exp. pack release?

Question is, how much work has been done on OFP 2 so far?

Is the graphics engine done yet? No one outside BIS knows...

Well, hopefully we will get the first screens from OFP 2 at this years E3. I certainly hope they are at least as good-looking as the 8 screens from Enemy in Sight.

Now, graphics ain't everything in a game... but let's face it; all of us hope for at least something similar or better than VBS1.

rather see "functions" then grafics..

like some guys firing from a chopper, stuff like that really shows "this been fixed guys, dont worry"..

it will implement several DirextX 9.0 effects so I doubt it will be bad looking.

I got a question though. Could it be that the enhanced OFP engine will again not be capable to use less CPU and more the Graphic Card? Is it maybe in the nature of this engine?

Damn I hope they will finally allow a smoother frame rate but outsourcing more work to the graphic card!

I wrote Suma a PM regarding some engine questions a week ago, since he didn't answer it since then I think this is a good sign! They're probably too busy with programming the OFP2 engine, so hopefully we'll see the result of it soon smile_o.gif

Well BIS have a good publisher, had BIS been with Activition or Eidos we would have seen the game released last week at the end of the tax year in an unplayable state just so the publisher could keep operating another year. Patiently waiting... blues.gif

Could it be that the reason we havent seen ANY screenshots of OFP2 is that it doesnt look good at all?

Im pretty sure most OFP fanatics dont care to much about the visual part...

Poor Graphics?

OPF1 still looks great, and if the past years have improved on anything I am sure it would be both models and graphics.. I'd rather have "poorer" graphics and good phsyics/movement/gameplay than arcade-style gameplay akin to Battlefield or Counterstrike.

It's not all about artists that make a game look nice,if they could have their way it would be very realistic.

I have a friend who works for Larian, he's a 3D artist.

http://www.larian.com/

You have the engine, the time they can spend, ...

And most important off all the minimum computer settings.

They don't expect that everybody can afford the latest computer.

So the main problem is the downward compatiblety, it has to run on an old computer to.

Well I could certainly see how it might not look to good right now graphically, I mean look at some of the screen shots in BI's fans/pics page(you know the briefcase one). Some of them show some fairly rather bad looking bugs/model problems, and most of them do not look anywhere near as nice as OFP did, even when it was released. I wish they would atleast say something though.

I heard that OFP2 graphics will be even worse than OFP1's!!! OMG!!!!!11!!!!ONEONE!!!

Guy's, seriously... we have nothing to worry about... OFP1 looks as good as most games coming out now... and we still haven't gotten to where OFP1 could be... I'm sure OFP2 will look even more amazing...

definetly hope that ofp2's graphics are better than vsb1 and ofp's.

and the animation.

i reckon ofp2 can do sooo well when it comes out. maybe even better than number one.

its a sad thing but a game is often bought becuase of graphics and the promise of gameplay first. the actual gameplay only comes into the equation when the game is played for real. but that's after the sale has been made.

so better graphics is a must for ofp2 to achieve highest possible sales.

Can we just wait and see? At least we know OFP2 is based on VBS1 and that means at least the graphic could be as good as VBS or better.

I read that OFP2 will deffinitely be shown at E3 this year and the date April 16th was mentioned.

As for the graphics of the game ... they've certainly had enough time to improve the graphics and nearly everyone with a bit of intelligence will know that the graphics will at least be better than OFP 1 simply because they will be using a different coded graphics engine that can take advantage of Direct X 9.0 capabilities.

I just hope theyve fixed those Damn Buildings , or should i say Stargates , coz you could walk right through them and end up on the other side of the House or even outside.

I'm sure OFP 2 is going to be the Huge Success that OFP1 was and after all , the fact that so many of you still post in here shows what a success that OFP 1 was , theres not many games you will find people playing 4yrs + down the line.

Quote[/b] ]I read that OFP2 will deffinitely be shown at E3 this year and the date April 16th was mentioned.

where did you read this? according to the E3 website, the convention will be held may 18-20, not april 16. although i wouldn't rule out magazine previews...

http://www.e3expo.com/

im the most curious about the new animations; i think they were one of ofp's biggest problems (aside from the physics), as every time i showed ofp to one of my friends they nearly always commented on how strangely the people ran. that and the bouncing tanks.

OFP = no bump mapping/few vegitation

OFP2 = bump mapping/lots of vegitation

I dont know where the confusion is, the graphics in OFP2 (although at early stages still) are far, FAR superior to OFP1 smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

This thread is old. We know that ofp2 looks amazing.

I'm mostly impressed about the features of the OFP2, dynamic battlefield and such. The graphics in the screenshot look ok, but maybe not amazing. The units look amazing, but the terrain looks like ofp1 with couple more rocks and grass in places. However, it looking good, since there's still about 1.5 years to go before release, and it already looking this good.

You must remember, that those screenshots are only what they have made so-far. They still have alot of time to improve, you never know what kind of gaps they can cover!