nettrucker

Too Young To Die Campaign release

Hi everybody.

May I ask all you guys who down dl/ed our campaign just a small favor. After having played our campaign, just give us a rate. Next time you connect to OFPEC Just make a short jump to the missiondepot, pending campaign section and please give us a rate. It takes just a couple of seconds. This campaign has been dl/ed nearly a thousand times ( Vers.0,1- vers.0,2, -Final) and we received in all this time 1 rating. That's pretty frustrating for us having worked on it for 2 years.Thanks for doing this.

Regards

TOY & nettrucker biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Hi everybody.

As for the fact that on the main sites all mission reviewers are so damn busy cause their overloaded with work, in the meantime TYTD got reviewed on the german site OFPMDP- The Mission Data Base

Maybe this will convince you to play " Too Young To Die"

Here's the link of the review

http://ofpmdb.teamp2p.de/phpkit....881ece7

Hope to hear still some feedback . . . if not well then we have just wasted 2 years of our time. goodnight.gif

Regards

You havent wasted two years ! people rather download any play stuff than commenting, u should know that  wink_o.gif

ive made a wargames conversion which will get released some time in the future (if i got ya permission  wink_o.gif )

its a great and impressive campaign pistols.gif

Hi [iTěQ] biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You havent wasted two years ! people rather download any play stuff than commenting, u should know that  

We know, and it's not that we're whining about that. It depends also if you're a consumer or a maker. Makers are suffereing mostly on lack of time, for TOY and me it's the same thing.

Quote[/b] ]ive made a wargames conversion which will get released some time in the future (if i got ya permission  

Yeah no problem, if you wanna give it a try, go ahead. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]its a great and impressive campaign  

Hey thanks man, we're glad you liked it.

Thanks for posting

Cheers!

I'm posting it here, because it relates to our campaign. A friend of mine had some problems with playing certain missions that's what he wrote.

Quote[/b] ]I have Cold War Crisis 1985, Red Hammer and Resistance and the system has been updated to 1.96. I already had the objects 1&2 as well as the updated editor you sent me. It still crashes so I think it must be something in my system. I got ashore in Deep Coast two days ago but now I cannot get ashore again. Escape still gives me the message; Cannot load mission. Missing addon: editorupdate175 noe.

The game crashes to desktop when clicking on continue to play the next mission.

Does anyone else, who played our campaign, experienced anything similar or maybe the same?

What I'm wondering about is the error message in "Escape". What the hell is the editorupdate1.75 noe. I never heard about this. Can someone please enlighten me.

Thanks for replying

biggrin_o.gif

hey great comapign like ive said in the ofpec forums

as you say before that you dont have enough time for creating another campaign with more missions and as others will agree with me that the quality is very high in all missions why just lack some of the quality in parts sure it doesnt sound like a great idea but for example nice short simple missions and there usually the best

i remember i made a mission one of my first missions very basic then when i leanr more stuff i went back to the mission and finished it off with new skills ive learnt polished off watpoints took me in all a few days about 3-4 and that includes teting and beta testing it

and i ended up getting a level 8 for it wich was good highest mark ive got on a mission

i spent more time on a different mission and it wasnt as good even if i do say so myself and got a 7

so if you get what i mean dont think that you have to spend weeks on a mission as some people do and just are dissapointed on the level that they get im a good example with that lol

anyway think about that thats just to show it doesnt have to take ages to create a great mission

i suppose im just trying to persuade you on creating another campaign becuas ei loved this one so much

if you dont create a new campaign why not create just single player missions dont take as long

anwyays cya

Hi 456820!  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]hey great comapign like ive said in the ofpec forums

Thanks alot mate.

Quote[/b] ]as you say before that you dont have enough time for creating another campaign with more missions and as others will agree with me that the quality is very high in all missions why just lack some of the quality in parts sure it doesnt sound like a great idea but for example nice short simple missions and there usually the best

You got certainly a point about this. I agree that the mission hasn't to be difficult, long or tricky for being a good mission. What counts for me, is the impression I have when playing a mission. When creating TYTD it was just like a puzzle. Adding one piece after another until it grew always more complex.

I see some people complain because of objectives missing from the briefing. Well in reality when one gets a mission what you are told to and what you have to do are often vastly different. Also the intelligence you start off is already old

and gets older and more unreliable the longer you are out in the field.  To me things like knowing exactly where something is and exactly what the objectives are not what happens in real life.

We tried to imagine the situation our main caracter has to face in the campaign. In the first missions you're always on the run and under constant pressure. You got only few or no information about the situation. The Enemy don't forgive mistakes. You are mostly outnumbered and outgunned in the first missions. It's up to the player to take certain decisions, since you don't have enough reliable intelligence on the situation. So we decided to leave certain objectives out of the briefing and not to let them appear as a hidden objective.

We know that we'll get maybe some bad ratings from the mission reviewer at OFPEC for this, but we didn't wanted to be limited in our creativity because we have to follow standard rules and opinions, about how a mission has to be done. Watch the pics we used. Artak from OFPEC called them "odd pictures".lol. biggrin_o.gif It's not that much important to get a very high rating. I mean we would be pleased if we can achieve a high rating, but we already know it's nearly impossible to get a max. rate, because we're out of the standard.

Quote[/b] ]so if you get what i mean dont think that you have to spend weeks on a mission as some people do and just are dissapointed on the level that they get im a good example with that

We didn't spent only weeks on a mission, but months. One of the most time consuming things were the syncronisation of the radio and speech files. We tweaked around for a while until we were satisfied. There are so many things you have to consider and work on when creating a mission the way we did.And there's still some space for improvements. But I think we spent already too much time on this project. It's easier to work in a team with lot's more of people who are working on a project, it's sometimes hard to get it done, making everything on your own, since you are a mission maker you know what we're talking about.

Quote[/b] ]i suppose im just trying to persuade you on creating another campaign becuas ei loved this one so much

We're really happy that you liked it so much, so all our effort we put in this campaign was worth something, and that's the most important thing.
Quote[/b] ]if you dont create a new campaign why not create just single player missions dont take as long

anwyays

We're already working on a single player mission, but it's still in the initial phase and it'll take some time to get it done. TOY went today in Japan he'll be back at the end of August, so everythings stuck at the moment. And there always many real life issues which keep us away from proceeding rapidly to get a mission done. However we'll release some other stuff in future.

Thanks for your comments and for the high rating you gave us on OFPEC.

Cheers mate and have a nice holiday.

TOY & nettrucker biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

hey

Quote[/b] ]We're already working on a single player mission

good luck to that

i agree with what you said about the breifings but you should say something like

'Are intelligence is limited but you will be updated via the radio when/if something happens, you must guard deep cost at all costs'

mention that Guba gave us 24hours to withdraw out millitary off the island

(wich was good to say in the mission made me relise why were guarding deep coast)

but i do love that mission all the atmosphere goes well perfect gets you into the mission and then when arty and the bmp's fire there sabots at the Mg's makes you actually duck

Quote[/b] ]Cheers mate and have a nice holiday.

thanks alot and you too

cya

Hi there!

Beeing late in discovering your campaign, and i must say its a fine piece of work. Got a sniff of it over at the ofpmdb and tried it out.

The atmosphere is great esp in mission one, that chat between the soilders fresh from bootcamp and the talk on the truck work great to let the situation sink in. I must have version 03 since all goals show up in briefing after having them received via radio, that also doesn't give me any strange messages. Was a bit hairy to keep track of it but it was possible. First refered to the briefing after getting oders to scout into sectors Ca76 to Cc81 to have a look at the ground and select a ingress-route.

A though one too, at Delta outpost odered one to grab a Law as i already had two motars and wanted to keep them. My mistake was i odered the number four to grab that LAW and he had 3 motars already, so he just took the launcher but no rockets. After he confirmed my order i just quickly glanced at the arming screen and was three rocketlike somethings i took for LAWs. At least now i know the differences between motar and law ammo.

Now I fear i've run into trouble as there is at least a pesky BMP around and that things near the you know what position give me the creeps. But i will keep on trying to play this one out.

Tried it with ECP1.85 but that one sent the FPS really down the gutter although i didn't have that dreaded savegame bug in this mission.

I'm looking forward to the next missions and will certainly comment back in there once I'm through this "mess".

Last but not least many thanks for taking the time making a challenging campaign with a good deal of atmosphere.

S!

How the hell I've missed it?huh.gif? crazy_o.gif

Oh....damn....yes......now I know why.....

It's always the same story: too busy with my s**t to take the time to take a look to other people works. banghead.gif

I'll report my exeprience with this when I'll finish it (probably it will take me a lot of weeks......). icon_rolleyes.gif

Downloading just now!

Klavan

Hi Tannethal!

I'm sorry for replying late but my computer's momentarily down and I dunno exactly when I can get it fixed. I'm sending this answer from TOY's computer. Thanks for your comment and your compliments. We're glad you like it. It's a pitty when using ECP mod the FPS slows down the gameplay and starts lagging very badly, since ECP is the best OFP mod in my humble opinion. Well I hope you'll like the other missions of our campaign too. If you have some questions or probs don't hesitate to post in this topic. I'll reply asap.

However, thanks for playing our campaign and commenting.

Cheers mate.

Regards

Hi klavan!

My computer is momentarily out of use, I need to get it fixed asap, so I apologize for this late reply. Don't worry, as for the fact that you're also a maker and not only a consumer, the time we have at our disposal to check out other peoples work is very limited. It's the same for me and TOY, BTW I'm writing this message from his computer. I know you made a mission entitled Operation Weasel, if I'm not wrong, and I didn't had the time to check it out, since we're all to busy with our own stuff. So no problem we know exactly how's the going when you're creating your own stuff. It's impossible to check out all the new things, members of the community are releasing nearly every day. BTW I hope the voices I send were Ok for you.

Stay tuned.

Regards

biggrin_o.gif Hello everybody biggrin_o.gif

finally our campaign got reviewed on OFPEC by Shadow=ASP=. After a long wait it's finally done. If you don't know our campaign already then head over to OFPEC and take a look at the review so you can decide for yourself if it might be worth to download it. After 6 month this campaign has been downloaded more than 1500 times on various OFP sites.

Go and check it out here's the link:

http://www.ofpec.com/missions/mission_detail.php?ID=1269

Best regards

TOY & nettrucker

pistols.gifyay.gif

well i deleted my previous version as it was updated but i never downloaded the updated file for some reason but im planning on playing again but the ofpec link downloads a corrupt file

Can somebody please provide an alternate download link to the latest version

Thanks

Oh and great camapign as ive said on the ofpec thread

Hi all biggrin_o.gif

@ karantan: Thanks for anticipating a reply. It takes some time for me to respond, since I changed appartment and I still don't have a working internet connection yet.

@ 456820: You can find our campaign also here

http://ofpc.de/downloads.xhtml?list=ofpc&von=5&cat=kampagnen

it's another german site

or here:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=campaigns

Hope this will help.

Regards

TOY & nettrucker biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I remembered this campaign today again. :icon5:Actually I didn't remember its name but only the name of the protagonist, Alex Rico. After googling him I came here.

I can't remember any of the missions after all these years, but I remember that cutscene where Alex drives the motor bike. Must have been the intro (?). :icon_biggrin: 

What I also remember is that I had a ton of fun with the campaign. After all these years THANK YOU @nettrucker and @TOY!

• Like 2

Hello Undeceived

that was ages ago man. it was my first tinkering with the mission editor. Toy did the brunt of the work on the mission editing side. He dropped out from the community long before Armed Assault was released.  I stuck around until ArmA 3 and I dropped somehow out as well.  It is astonishing to me that you still remember the main characters name although more than a decade has passed since then. Geez' that's amazing. Well, the campaign had only 8 missions if I recall correctly but some of them were really long stealth missions I remember a couple of them were around 4 hours or so. One mission was particularly difficult which was Escape. You had to evade a prison facility on Desert island to avoid execution.  I remember that one was a really hard mission to beat. The overall difficulty of the campaign was high.  I was once tempted to bring the TYTD campaign to armA2 CWR2 MOD but I ran into significant difficulties due to the placement of all the objects in the editor. The Islands were built from scratch and there were some slight differences which rendered the port to a nightmare. I desisted

Thank you for commenting after all these years it's very much appreciated. I'm glad that you liked it otherwise you wouldn't have remembered the main characters name.

Thank you all the best.

• Like 4

Hi guys, 

Sorry to take this thread out of the grave. 

But I'm currently stuck at home after some surgery. And, don't ask how, I remembered this fabulous game and decided to reinstall it. 

I finished the 3 official campaigns and all the standalone missions pretty quickly. 

Then I looked for additionnal missions and campaigns to download and found TYTD

Man. This campaign is incredible, hard, very hard sometimes but I'm having real fun. 

Unfortunately, I just lost hours on the mission in which I have first to go check out a downed SU25. 

I don't know why everytimes my leader and I got surrounded and asked to surrender : they shot me on sight.

Never engaged them, I dropped all my gears. 

I started it a couple of times.

Then I decided to play hide and seek. 

Then all of the sudden : I'm captured.

YEAH, NEXT MISSION. 

Escape from the fortress. 

And again hours on this trying to figure out what to do. 

I'm stuck inside a square with 2 dudes, dead bodies, tents.

Everytime I'm trying something out of this square: BOOOM HEADSHOT. 

I tried waiting a bit, to see what's going on and maybe trigger an event. 

Nada. 

Until... a Spetnaz shows up and kill everyone. 

So. 

I don't know what to do. 

I tried to hide, to escape, to lure them by sending my 2 pals toward them, while trying to flee in another direction. 

Nothing works. 

Do you please have a tip, a hint ? 

Many thanks in avance. 

Hello KuBi4k

I'm terribly sorry for my late reply. I just found out that I wasn't following this topic so no notification reached me. Yeah the escape from Desert Island is the hardest mission of them all. I remember countless play test runs where I get killed over and over again..

There is a way though and I'm not sure I remember correctly. Hide your buddies in the tents and then hide in a tent as well. Once you observe that MG on the tower is not watching your direction to your right is an Arc entrance - exit and there should be an ammo crate where you need to take cover behind it and arm yourself. You must position your self correctly otherwise the MG on the tower is going to kill you. at the same time you need to pay attention to patrolling soldiers once you escaped the alarm is triggered and there are a lot of enemies in the fortress First thing you need to eliminate the guards on the towers then comes the long process of wiping out the enemy one by one it's a tedious and long task. When you eliminated soldiers and BMP's only then give orders to your buddies . . . arm them and try to escape from the Island. Escaping from the fortress is a hell of a task. I managed to do it twice against an innumerable amount of failures.

Again my apologies for my late reply.

All the best