Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Star Wars mod

Hi Folks! Think I have to add my five cents to the whole Star Wars mod(s) project(s) wink_o.gif Just to let you guys know that i'm with ya biggrin_o.gif

Here are some very early shots of my 512x512 "Tatooine" island! Using my own buildings and the TatObj-Pack biggrin_o.gif

One shot as a preview, the rest via link!!

6f7977cb.jpg

And here you take a look at some more:

Providing Sniper Cover

Mos Eisley in the early morning..

Mos Eisley's best Hotels..

Farm in the desert

Another farm in the desert

Attention! Foliage wink_o.gif

Please pay attention to the foliage and the Mos Eisleys main streets.. but keep in mind it's very early work-in-progress!!

Feedback is appreciated..

great work, but, we are working on geonosis! tounge2.gif

and there are no palm trees on tatooine! tounge2.gif

in fact, there isnt vegetation at all! tounge2.gif only that what grows near the moisture vaporators. tounge2.gif but youve done a good job, and im glad that there is someone with island making skills willing to do something for GAW. thumbs-up.gif

it may have some, you cant know for sure, in SWG, tat has small amounts of grass here and there smile_o.gif

THe pics are looking very promising!!! Excellent Job!!!! wink_o.gifyay.gif

Thanx folks! About the vegitation issue..

Well, after taking some closer looks on tatooine pics from the triology and the prequels i noticed that there is some existing vegitation on tatooine biggrin_o.gif

Don't overinterpret the palmtrees - there not more then 20 on the whole island. Yet I placed many bushes and grasses, mostly near the evaporators and buildings. I tried to use as few as possible - but then the farms and cities looked simply to empty and unreal!! So the people have to live with that little artistic freedom tounge2.gif

More shots very soon..

aca_cp_ep3_work07s.jpg

Click here to enlarge the picture

Im going to release a small Teaser Trailer of the <span style='color:green'>Clones Pack</span> soon. Than you will se a lot of new units which havnt been showed yet. wink_o.gif

---------

@VipHeart: Its good to hear news from your promising Mod again. wink_o.gif

DON'T MAKE ME WAIT ANY MORE!

Sorry, but I knew I was about to explode.  tounge2.gif

It's looking great, Acacyn! I can't wait till it's done! I'm really looking forward to these!

That Tatooine is also looking great, VipHeart. Can't wait to play on it.

the thing about tat its that it really has no vegitation at all, it has a bunch of moisture farms tho and just for the future if your making a Galactic Civil War campaign (which im prety sure you are) while on missions you should have small groups of Tuskan Raiders ambush you it would be a prety realistic effect. the tuskan raiders will destroy a sand crawler with all those cute li'l jawas

VipHeart is going to create a Clone Wars based Mod. No Galactic Civil War wink_o.gif . It doesnt matters whethe there is vegetation or not. As VipHeart said, it looks more cooler and not empty with several plants.

rather than putting in vegitation and plants why not piles of metal and scraps and moisture vaporators?

^ I agree with the scrap thing.

Small Rocks out in the desert maybe.

What are the chances of someone actually making a Tuskan Raider?

I saw them mentioned above and to be honest, those guys never get their fair share of screen time in the movies and hopefully someone can right this wrong with a unit for OFP!

biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

It has been mentioned in an earlier post on this thread and there are some pictures. Here is one made for the GAW mod by Killer Tobias. Tuskan Raider pic

prety cool they look funny with M16s, in KotOR they have a big role on tatooine along with the Jawas but they anoy the hell outa you cuz your always getting ambushed by groups of them

Hey guys, sorry I've been so quiet lately.

Just a quick update...

Unless Sanzinsky stole it tounge2.gif , I'm still working on the Super battle droid.

Also, I've finally fixed the main bugs with the CQC engine, so I'll next implement movement and the lightsaber anims.

Later yay.gif

YIPIEEEEEEEEEE: The lightsaber duells will be one of the biggest features: Thanks to LEAN BEAR notworthy.gifxmas_o.gifsmile_o.gifyay.gif

Woa.. i think some people got me wrong with this vegitation thing wink_o.gif there won't be much of it. AND there will be lots of metal waste, stones and other junk, aswell as bones, starship wrecks and stone monuments..

But i don't wanted to spoil those on the first pics tounge2.gif

I'll upload some shots of my new GUI very soon aswell...

Awesome.  thumbs-up.gif Can't wait. I'd have to agree with the vegetation thing, but as long as there isn't a ton of it, I'm fine. Besides, it does add atmosphere.

Lightsaber duels! Woo hoo!  yay.gif It sounds like it'd be hard to control in OFP's engine, though.

Strong with you the Force is. A master you are. Very good work you do. tounge2.gif

Nice work.  thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]the force is strong with this interface..

Ok, I laughed at that when i saw it..i think I just became a total nerd.

mad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif