Sign in to follow this  
Bordoy

Defend Asylum seeker?

http://www.defend-asylum.org/

Oh look I see there having one in Nottingham.

Be sure I'll be going down and wrecking it. A few Union Jacks and St Georges Cross will go down a treat.

what exactly does the EU care whether the UK denies Asylums? Britian isn't part of the EU.

They are wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Initially, the EU consisted of just six countries: Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. Denmark, Ireland and the United Kingdom joined in 1973, Greece in 1981, Spain and Portugal in 1986, Austria, Finland and Sweden in 1995. In 2004 the biggest ever enlargement took place with 10 new countries joining.

what exactly does the EU care whether the UK denies Asylums? Britian isn't part of the EU.

Who cares what the rest of Europe thinks?

Two can play at that game wink_o.gif

christ... if i go home (nottingham) they'll be all around the bloody place... if i stay here (oxford) they'll be here too...

close our borders i say... im all for asylum seekers who claim assylum as soon as they arrive and they arrive by the normal means (i.e. not hiding under trains) and are genuine - fair enough, i'd hate to be in a place where my life is at risk

... but those who sneak in, live and work and scrounge off the system and when caught only then do they claim assylum... total bollocks - i say we look at the italiens... soon as they step onto our soil illegally (sneaking) they get sent back the same day

They are wink_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Initially, the EU consisted of just six countries: Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. Denmark, Ireland and the United Kingdom joined in 1973, Greece in 1981, Spain and Portugal in 1986, Austria, Finland and Sweden in 1995. In 2004 the biggest ever enlargement took place with 10 new countries joining.

well they certianly don't seem very "European" biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]... but those who sneak in, live and work and scrounge off the system and when caught only then do they claim assylum... total bollocks - i say we look at the italiens... soon as they step onto our soil illegally (sneaking) they get sent back the same day  

Cubans who make it to the US soil (illegally) are granted stay but not Haitians. Furthermore, one thing I hate about Bush is his soft stance on illegal immigration from south of the border. Fox (mexico) does not care about the problem because they (illegals) usually pump the money back to his country.

Anyway, I smell this thread is going to be locked soon.

You need some serious education about geography m8.. crazy_o.gif

christ... if i go home (nottingham) they'll be all around the bloody place... if i stay here (oxford) they'll be here too...

close our borders i say... im all for asylum seekers who claim assylum as soon as they arrive and they arrive by the normal means (i.e. not hiding under trains) and are genuine - fair enough, i'd hate to be in a place where my life is at risk

... but those who sneak in, live and work and scrounge off the system and when caught only then do they claim assylum... total bollocks - i say we look at the italiens... soon as they step onto our soil illegally (sneaking) they get sent back the same day

Yer i say we close our borders, we are closed for business.

Did a survey today saying "do you think we should allow asylum seekers to still enter".

Out of 100 people asked, only 3 could speak English. lol

That's exactly the same kind of problem we have w/ Mexico. Vicente Fox, has been going as far as demanding we give his people drivers licences, education, and wellfare checks. just wish they would put up a big wall from east to west on the south border.

If it wasn't for assylum I wouldn't be in the UK now, everyone deserves the opportunity to better themselves.

Yes everyone does deserve the oportunity, apart from paedophiles who should get straight death penaly IMHO.

But they have the oportunity to come to the UK LEGALLY except they choose the illiegal route. Also once the reason for their asylum is done then they should go home.

eg, Reason: "Wanted by the ba'ath regime of Iraq"

well they should all be sent home as of tomorrow as their is no ba'ath regime anymore incharge of Iraq.

I believe the standard of this forum to be of much higher quality and maturity than the standard shown in this thread.

I will not allow this excellent forum to be wrecked by ludicrous discussions like this. If you wish to discuss asylum in an intelligent and mature manner, I recommend you go home, read up on the material, and then come back without spouting off BNP-inspired propaganda.

Oh, and I am closing it because this thread will end up in flaming - I can already feel the flames.