Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

WWIIEC : Caen 1944

cool :-)

Thanks Fab. for good news :-)

while making Sten smg i will also make Burza smg (Storm) used by Polish resistance, Armia Krajowa :-)

once this mod is out i will make only polish ww2 stuff :-)

Either that or before the Halo mod  sad_o.gif

Awesome work as usual by the engineering corps.  smile_o.gif

Are you still making Canadian troops?

thumbs-up.gif

i think canadian troops WILL be in Caen 44 mod smile_o.gif

Thanks for your comments,

to answer your questions quickly :

...It'll be released as a mod, not separate addons and we wont be releasing betas like we did for the US pack because all it does is have people complaint and make us frustrated... so no release till it is done, but things are well on their way to your harddrives...

. wink_o.gif

Lets finish this one before even thinking of doing something else..

But I think some beta releases as addons may be a good idea. It could get some 'positive' suggestions from others and make the finial Mod more nice and acceptive. If you release a Mod and get many negative comments, you will feel more frustrated. Of course, it may not be for the reason of the quality of your Mod. Some guys just like giving criticism. So it would be better to let them do such thing by giving some addons previously. When the finial Mod released, they would find nothing could be repeated. confused_o.gif

I agree, sometimes a public beta is a best way to get comments/bug reports.

I don't think any of our addons will be released individually that are going into the Caen - 1944 mod. There will be a demo release, unfortunatly I don't know how far off from one we are.

sim

There will be a demo release, unfortunatly I don't know how far off from one we are.

that doesnt sound like soon... tounge2.gif

well, i think its going to be worth the waitng smile_o.gif

Ok i seemed to have made a mistake, it's not actually a demo, it seems to be a video... my bad people banghead.gif

yes unfortunately we wont be releasing any public betas.

They're too frustrating and give you a bad image (i dont know about non wwII stuff, but in the wwII community that's how it is).

we did release a rushed up US pack for the 60th anniversary of D-day, and its true some people were really happy we did, but a whole bunch couldnt understand this wasnt a finished product, this gave a reputation of people releasing half finished addons to our team, and people wouldnt grab the patches that made this US pack awesome becaues they heard the 1st pack was "not worth downloading".

So this time its absolutely out of the question, we're not gonna spoil the release of something we've put so much effort on, sorry people...

But the mod is doing good progress so it'll be released when its time to release it.

While I do understand why you want to release a finished pack...

It sounds like more time is spent trying to impress the un-impressible.

Some people are never happy and who gives a rat's crap what they think.

But, it's your mod and you release it as you wish of course. smile_o.gif

Dont get me wrong, i hate to hold releases for too long, i just want to make sure it is of descent quality...

we basically rushed the US pack release (well if you ask me we started it a month before dday Lol) just so we could release something for the 60th anniversary of dday... there has been absolutely no testing before it was released. its been a lot of fun for some people, for others its been some kind of a turn down to have so much bugs (but well we didnt announce it either so they werent really waiting for it), and for us devs its been an aweful lot of stress... a real hobby killer

Its also true sometimes i dont give a rats ass about what people think, sometimes I do, i guess it goes with the weather

We patched it fairly soon after the release and we released another patch a couple of month later if i remember right... in my opinion the 1st release should have been the 1.2... it isnt perfect but its of descent quality and mission makers seem to like it

Its basically the same spirit with the caen mod, we're gonna stay reasonable but i really cant tell you when because i dont knwo myself. People come and go, then come back etc... sometimes you go faster than expected sometimes you spend your whole saturday afternoon on something insignificant, sometimes you get really drunk on saturday night and you spend your sunday recovering xmas_o.gif

Basically we're making good progress, its true we havent released anything as a team for about a year now but as I said, we will stay reasonable wink_o.gif

Thanks for your support, its really appreciated

And yes, there will be canadians. and other nations too, as long as they're british equiped, why not a little armpatch wont hurt

well enough talk about that, next time i'll post will be to show you some progress goodnight.gif

I dont think i've ever posted screenshots of the final grass to the public ?

here goes:

ww2ec_grass38s.jpg

Its even faster than the old one, good old sengir has tested it on his old PIII 700 mhz and i cant recall what graphic card, he was mostly pleased with it, so did OFP_PUPSI, the author of Anjou who will use it on his island with the rest of our vegetation...

I hope you like it. The caen area will be 70% grass field for cattle so i worked off my ass to make it as less ressources hungry as possible and i dont think i will touch the model anymore, apart maybe from some texture work later...

also i will change the saturation on ALL my vegetation as i realised its way too saturated...

Ok as you can see i am now finishing off the tree models, making very different sizes, from 7 meter tall as high as 38m.

Right now they're all beech trees but as soon as the models are 100% finished you'll get 4 to 5 more species (some of these models arent meant to be beech trees..)

ww2ec_tree26small.jpg

once they're all finished you'll get a nice new forest for Caen...

Trees are nice, but what i'd like to know is will that german soldier have a differant sound when moving and such. I can just imagine his gear clanking slightly as he runs between cover......mmmmmmmm clanking... inlove.gif

yep, he'll have a nice sound... * cling clang cling clang * if you see what i mean

*If* i find a sound confused_o.gif

which reminds me: if anyone has good sounds for anything related to our mod, that'll be pretty useful...

For thoose who have played the US pack, if you play with the vehicles and in particular with the shermans you will see that we try to put a particular emphasis on the sounds as they play a huge role in the game... so we'll be trying to use really really good sounds but sometimes they're not easy to find...

They dont have any metal gas canister etc... but i guess the sound would be pretty similar...? because in the end they carry about the same kind of things...

we just have to wait for a few reanactors to pop up to know the answer...