Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

WWIIEC : Caen 1944

As promised i finished the MG42. As you can see this time i bothered taking some ingame screenshots, so i also took a couple extra showing the mg34. next step will be adding the mounts on the tripods.

mg01.jpg

mg02.jpg

mg03.jpg

For some reason it seems that we cant post more than 5 images per post... so here is the last 3 screenshots of the series :

mg04.jpg

mg05.jpg

mg06.jpg

cheers,

Fab

Nice screenshots Fab. !

Cant wait next screenshots.

Nice screenshots Fab. !

Cant wait next screenshots.

Well some can't wait when this mod wil be released! :D

Here are a few screenshot of something i've been working on lately, the luger P08:

p08.jpg

everything is finished, including lods, mag models etc...

cheers

Fab

by the time this gets released ofp2 will be out...XD

by the time this gets released ofp2 will be out...XD

And so ?

@ Fab : brilliant work as usual.

With coming of ARMAII and OFP2, how many guys would still stick to any OFP games?

So, should i stop enjoying what i'm doing on my own free time, then ?

If you guys dont care about OFP modding then what are you doing posting in the OFP modding section of the forum ?

@ProfT: thanks!

With coming of ARMAII and OFP2, how many guys would still stick to any OFP games?

We will...

"Hi I've just swanned into these forums, that you obviously enjoy participating in, to tell you to stop. That's all, carry on... erm... I mean stop."

Very nice work Fab, I'm looking forward to souvenir-ing one on the battlefield!:bounce3:

Awesome pistol model and texture icon14.gif

OFP is a classic, it is there to stay on my hardrive forever, like all the other sometime way older classic games i continue to play from time to time.

So one sure thing is that even if ArmA4 or OFP5 are released in the future, i know i will play with wwiiec on OFP when it will be released without a care on how old the game the mod is running on can be :)

Keep it up ! There is no problem with making mods for OFP. I know plenty of people that are still modding for Doom 2 :yay:

Very nice work on the Luger!

Must say that from reading your coments and seeing your pictures and Animations I consider this to be Operation Flashpoint: Resistance 2.0 !

STGN

Thank you for your support and interest in the mod :)

Here are a few screenshots of the mg animations.

The bipod anims are activated via script, puting the player/AI into a set of anims where movements is restricted. As you can see the dying/reloading anims are also done, so when the soldier is animated, the weapon does not flip on the side but looks like it's actually resting on the bipod. This is available for the MG34, MG42 and british Bren.

aiming (default):

mganims01.jpg

reloading:

mganims02.jpg

dying:

mganims03.jpg

I also done the anims for the Lafette tripod, both for mg 34 and 42

mganims04.jpg

Simply fantastic work Fab and crew, its great to see the mod progressing so well, I for one intend to play flashpoint daily for the next 8 yrs as i have done for the past 8, its teams and individuals like ww11ec that have made ofp last so long :D

Thanks for you guys to give me the confidence. I've been playing OFP almost daily since Dec.2002 and it becomes part of my daily life. Frankly, ARMA's effects are really very nice and almost let me lose confidences on OFP with many new coming addons based on ARMA. But I still can't give it up for my WW2 OFP stuff. And would like to give such supports like you to insist on and it's also the reason I put those screenshoots here in OFP forum. Now another advange for OFP game now is we could put the maximum troops allowed in a OFP game by using new P.C. intended for ARMA. That means the battle would be a huge scale instead of something just like a small strike at early stage in OFP. That really enjoys me much!

Edited by RUDOLF

...Here are a few screenshots of the mg animations....

Very nice animations, especially the last one. I am eager to use them in my game. :inlove:

Congratulations for your hard work. ;)

Impressive as always.

The more info and screenshots about WWIIEC, the more it sounds nearly like a whole new game on its own icon14.gif

hello Fab,

it has been a while :) since our wh40k mod is out finaly, I will give you hand with anims, just tell me what is left to do, my old excel anim file got lost somewhere. Unless you need some Orks to the mod, could be interesting, hehe.

Ok, so let´s give it a swig again, PM me, I´m serious.

Sengir

Great work FAB! Oh my got please don`t stop it!

Edited by Battling

Great-looking and functional! Wish I could find a woman like that.

Really looking forward to your work.

Here are some of the camouflage items i've been working on:

camos_zelt.jpg

Here is a collection of zeltbahns. from left to right: splinter pattern, tan & water pattern, oak leaf (spring side) and oak leaf (autumn side)

camos_cover1.jpg

The Army helmet covers, in splinter and tan & water patterns

camos_cover2.jpg

The waffen SS helmet covers, in oak leaf pattern (spring and autumn sides)

All reversible camos will be reversible (although this is just for show, it wont affect the gameplay in any way). More importantly the different clothing items (well... uniforms in general) will be set at random, according to rank, that sort of things.

As a result there wont be a million soldiers in the editor with all combination of uniforms (camouflage trousers, smocks, zeltbahns, helmet covers, helmet paint schemes and so on), there will only be a selection of units according to their role and army branch/division (in some cases).

For example:

Officers will be more likely to have field made uniforms in camouflage patterns (i.e non regulation items, such as M43 tunics and trouers in splinter pattern, for example).

Snipers will be more likely to be fully camouflaged

All 12th SS panzer division members will also use the italian camouflage items in addition to the regular waffen SS items.

Senior soldiers will be more likely to get jackboots as opposed to ankleboots

and so on...

This will give quite a rich variety of historically accurate uniforms ingame, without the trouble to pick them one by one in the editor. Oh and of course you'll be able to overwrite the random settings by your own choice of uniform, via command line.

Cheers

Fab