Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

WWIIEC : Caen 1944

Have seen I right? The german fight tank TIGER II [Royal/King Tiger] is with from the part? It's cool! Who builds him then?

Before there was only the TIGER II of John!

smile_o.gif I can hardly expect the publication of the Mod!

T_Roc has made the tank model mentioned, right?

I remember he had a lot of nice pieces in the works.

to answer the questions about vehicles.

we do indeed have a lot of wip in that area, our goal is to at least provide a basic set of AT guns, soft vehicles (cars, trucks) etc.. with the first release.

Some of them we made from scratch (a whole bulk of vehicles in that area is T_roc's armour), some of them were donated to us and reworked, some of them modified with permission...

we're all pretty busy in "real life", and as you can tell from this thread we dont have much time to spare to promote the mod. I think i speak for most of us in the team when i say whatever spare time we got, we prefer actually working on the mod than spending time promoting it... I think T_roc is a fine example of this attitude, he doesnt give news for ages and all of a sudden posts loads of screenshots for the team, I pretty much do the same with public screenshots. This is mainly because we tend to work hard for a few months/weeks, then pretty much nothing for a few months/week, then working again...

we'll try to finish off as much vehicles as we can but we're obviously keeping busy with more important things...

thanks for your patience and support,

Fab.

i reckon this mod will be like that guy Marfy- they release loads of screenshots and then no addons

A lot of teams have done so over the years, but with the overhaul that WWIIEC is working with I only expect it to take a bit longer than other mods out there. So long as there are still updates every once in a while, I'm not worried.

i reckon this mod will be like that guy Marfy- they release loads of screenshots and then no addons

No thats not fair to say, we dont release much screenshots too. rofl.gif

As FAB wrote reallife comes first for all of us especially for me at this time, i didnt work at ofp addons for now over 6 month or more it think.

But there are still a few members who are still hard working and making very good progress even you cant see it cause we dont post screens of every little thing we finish from time to time!

please stay patient and thanks for ya interest

It's the problem that every mod has (besides finding the free time required to work on your mod) If you release screenshots a few people are unhappy, and if you don't release screenshots those same people say that the mod is dead because they aren't being shown screenshots every other day.

There is simply no way of pleasing some people. The best thing is to simply ignore such negative vibes.

Working for a nice MOD should be really a hard and time consuming thing. We have to be patient of course. And Unlike guy Marfy, i think Fab's team is serious and would really release something finally, just like liberation Mod, FDF, Invassion 44 and etc.

And just a suggestion, if it's possible, whether could release one or two addons at some time as a bonus to our guys who have been expecting the Mod for long...

Quote[/b] ]And Unlike guy Marfy, i think Fab's team is serious and would really release something finally, just like liberation Mod, FDF, Invassion 44 and etc.

Marfy had some really nice looking desert stuff I was expecting a release on, but it never happened. Actually OFPCAT...I'm still waiting for a release you promised sometime ago smile_o.gif

Dont mean to be rude but, do you guys have a release date to your mod? A beta maybe?  huh.gif

I think the best idea for mod makers is to not say anything about their project at all until it is ready to release. Then everyone is surprised and they look like a hero. If you announce your mod and never make it then people just get disappointed and dont believe the hype, ie Marfy's stuff, Invasion 44 etc.

Maybe Marphy is. But not for Invasion 44, they really released some very nice stuff although they failed to make a complete Mod as they wished. By way, some addons from Invasion 44 still are very awesome in OFP game.

Hi Fab, do you think you guys will have the enthusiasm to mod ArmA2?

It looks like it might be a great platform for ww2 gaming.

cant really say at the moment... everyone is pretty busy with their lives, myself included, but still find time to work on the OFP mod here and there... Somehow i'm still very motivated for OFP, i dont know if i'll have the motivation to start learning a new game all over again.

Atm i'm working on the lee enfield revolver and the mod's GUI, will try to post some screenshots at some point...

cheers

Fab

cant really say at the moment... everyone is pretty busy with their lives, myself included, but still find time to work on the OFP mod here and there... Somehow i'm still very motivated for OFP, i dont know if i'll have the motivation to start learning a new game all over again.

Atm i'm working on the lee enfield revolver and the mod's GUI, will try to post some screenshots at some point...

cheers

Fab

CLEAR!

Don't you guys die on me!

CLEAR!

bzzzzat....

HE LIVES!

heh, Seriously, I love the ww2 setting in ofp, so please... Don't die.

busy making warhammer more like lol..

Hehe expectation is the route to all disappointment so expect nothing and always happy biggrin_o.gif

Now Im only jesting about warhammer, just would love to see the ww2 addons while ofp is still alive in our PC's.

Dunno about anyone else but Im on a constant cull of mods and addons folders. Managed to shrink my total addon size to only 8gig.

Anyway, love the pics of the ww2 addons and would love to sample there good worth. Keep the good work going lads.

Here's a few screenshots...

First, the lafette 42 tripod:

mg42b.jpg

mg42c.jpg

original tripod from liberation mod (used with permission)

modified by me (redone lods, merged textures, repainted it etc...)

zf34-41 scope by H.m

mg42... well you've already seen that ones (its not 100% finished)

ammo box by BattlingBitch

ammo belt by me.

The optic works, the mg is animated (when you fire it, the mg moves back and forth, the belt moves up and down, and empty cartridges cases are

ejected).

lee enfield N°2 mk.I :

n2mk1_1.jpg

n2mk1_2.jpg

made that one from scratch, 100% finished. first screenshot is from bulldozer with grey background

cheers

Fab

Simply brilliant.... i'm very eager to see what kind of scripting system you've built...and how your beautifull models are doing in game.

The Lafette 42 mount with MG looks great! Definitely one of the most detailed and accurate so far for the game. Great job with keeping to details, the colors blend well and that MG-42 looks like it is on its way to completion. Very nice job! thumbs-up.gif

...the mg is animated (when you fire it, the mg moves back and forth...

Does it have an impact on accuracy? I.e. is it harder to hit something? I'm asking because in OFP (in Arma to) static weapons have no recoil at all which makes them very deadly weapons.

Anyway it's good to know that your mod is not dead. Cheers.