Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

WWIIEC : Caen 1944

Nice looking work always been a big fan of your stuff.

can't wait for this to come out and tear me away from arma biggrin_o.gif

Wow those look increadably proffessional Fab! I am really looking forward to this mod

@ all, thanks for the nice comments smile_o.gif

Here are a couple of screenshots of the current progress of the british infantry. New equipment has been added thanks to H.m's good work, faces by BattlingBitch

credit for the weapons :

Sten mkII by jagy and BattlingBitch

PIAT by Guy and imported to o2 by Jagy

enfield No4 by me, bayonet by H.m

Bren by Guy, imported to o2 by H.m (who also reworked the textures a bit)

britsquad1.jpg

britsquad2.jpg

the two pics were taken at a few seconds interval, thanks to the anim code the soldiers play random move which you can notice on this scene (no scripts used for this, i just placed a bunch of soldiers in the editor)

Hope you like it

cheers

Fab

now the same thing for the german infantry.

credit for the weapons :

K98 by me/Vibes

K98 bayonet, grenade launcher and scope by h.m

MG42 by me/i44

gersquad1.jpg

gersquad2.jpg

cheers

Fab

Omg FAB, we had our differences aeons ago didnt we? In the world of ww2 modding lol

But my oh my, that is INCREDIBLE that you are still modding for ww2 ofp - and let me say its absolutely worth it. I hope the encouragement your recieving from the thread helps you to finish your mammoth project because I think it looks very exciting and I know that I myself can't wait to have fun playing it.

So keep up the amazing work, and know it will def be appreciated!

Oh I do say! What splendid looking chaps you have there! Even the Jerries (what frightful beasts) look good enough to shoot!

Hooorah I say, Hooorah!

Superb screenshots, the amount of work on the model, textures and animations is really incredible.

Oh, and from now your new nickname is Fabulous Fab.

lol you guys make it sound like i'm the only one working on this mod... my teammates deserve credit too tounge2.gif

Here's a couple more for the road, this time showing the P38 ingame. Note that the equipment on that soldier is incorrect. It's not that we havent got the MP40 pouches etc... it's just that i havent got around to put them on the soldiers yet.

gersquad3.jpg

gersquad4.jpg

cheers

Fab

Impressive work (as always)! smile_o.gif

But, what about map? Any progress, screens or informations? Will be there any buildings made by D@nte? Or only vegetation areas, without towns and cities? Also, which part of Caen area will be reproduced on map?

And, last question (I know you don't like questions like this, but I must ask wink_o.gif): Can we expect first part soon? Or maybe a bit later: in summer or autumn?

thats a lot of questions biggrin_o.gif

basically right now we're all focusing on the essentials, weapons, infantry and anims. we'll see what we can include when we go back to work on the vegetation/island object. our objective in this area is to provide with the first release, a small map with a few farms here and there (basically country side) and a basic road network... nothing too big as this would delay the release... the Area of Caen covered by the mod in general is west of the city (not the city itself) where most of the battle took place.

cant tell you much about release date, as usual it depends on how much progress and how busy we get in RL...

currently, i finish the buildings and some objects. this is a long work, but that should be finish soon. smile_o.gif

Well, im' very impressed by all the work being done here, i wish i were only half as good addon maker as you are...

The only concern may be about weapons / units texture sizes, as it looks very detailed, hope it won't be too heavy for small / medium configs ?

The only concern may be about weapons / units texture sizes, as it looks very detailed, hope it won't be too heavy for small / medium configs ?

well we dont have crazy ass computers in the team, so everything has been well optimized (good lods, merged textures etc...)

so far (and we havent binarized anything yet) it runs like a charm on my computer :

athlon 64 3200+

1 gb ram

geforce 6150 IGP (128mb shared memory) - cant even play ArmA with this btw

seems to run really well in 1024x768, i usually lower the details a bit to play in 1280x1024...

most of the stuff i did like vegetation was developped on an even crappier one :

P4 1.6Ghz

384mb ram

ati radeon 7500 32mb

Its good that i wont need a super computer to play Caen. biggrin_o.gif

I got: AMD Athlon 3500+ 2.2ghz

512 RAM

256 Mb Radeon 9600 video card

And i can't play Arma on this too, even if i put all the graphics options on very low it will get crappy FPS only about 20 fps in desert and 1 fps in woods.

Very nice screenshoots for new progress on infantry and others.... As for the resolution for the Mod, suggest to take higher since now we could use computer for ARMA to play the game of OFP. I've tried that and really awesome to have more quick speed and more troops in OFP game than ever now.

Performance is good, my machine is a:

P4 2.8ghz

512mb

256mb Geforce 6600LE

Runs perfectly, I don't think you should worry about performance at all smile_o.gif

an uptade of the wrecked car (model from lib45, i have just optimized the faces)

wreckoe3.th.jpg

it's not a render, this is just the viewport of wings 3d smile_o.gif