Sign in to follow this  
VipHeart

CfgCloth Section

Although I've been working with Flashpoint for years I never really noticed the CfgCloth Section in the config.cpp. biggrin_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgCloth

{

class Flag

{

stepSize=0.005;

colPoints=9;

rowPoints=9;

stretchCoef=1000;

fricCoef=1;

windCoef=10;

gravCoef=1;

};

};

It seems somehow to be relied to the Flags in OFP. However, the explanation in the commented config is not very sufficient. If I stick to the name i would guess it defines properties to create clothes in OFP. But how does it work? Only as proxy? Is it possible to apply it to other things then flags like camo nets or cargo nets or even capes??

Any idea folks?? rock.gif

u can atach this to all static objects... but its wery big cpu eather.Put 20 flags on map and watch fps

McHide

Quote[/b] ]u can atach this to all static objects... but its wery big cpu eather.Put 20 flags on map and watch fps

Thx ostrorogi, but I know biggrin_o.gif The question is wether you have to attach it as proxy or somehow define a part of the object with this properties?? Could you gimme an example?

no, but i would love to as i've added other 'flags' to a model which can be set to a nation via objecttexture, but they are rigid... making them flap would be excellent smile_o.gif

Its not soo hard.U have to define it correctly.

McHide

Quote[/b] ]

making them flap would be excellent

I think you need to use the International flag pole.

Then:

setflagtexture "\FLAGS\countryname.jpg"

or was that ...setflagtexture "FLAGS\countryname.jpg"

Anyway, one of those.

Planck

i think you're getting confused... they are just faces in oxygen with a texture applied... the texture happens to be a flag texture and hence i'd like to make it move

Ok,I'll try to make it clearer........

Place an International Flagpole in the mission editor.

In its init field put:

this setflagtexture "\FLAGS\scotland.jpg"

or

this setflagtexture "FLAGS\scotland.jpg"

one of those anyway.

You will end up with a flagpole with the cross of St Andrew on it.....Scotlands flag........and it will flap about.

You can choose just about any country flag you care to think about, they are all in the FLAGS.pbo as jpgs.

EDIT: I think I know what you mean now.........You want to attach flags to vehicles......hmmmmm........sorry.

Planck

yes... attaching a custom flag (not the 'setflagowner' flag proxie to the vehicle - i know how thats done) to the vehicle... i've already done it in terms of having a textured face... but if cloths could make it flap, then it would be much better smile_o.gif

Well then why dont you test it out for us Messiah? tounge_o.gif

Yeah, now we talked about something widly known.. but we still don't know how to use that damned CfgCloth section biggrin_o.gif

Okay, let me make it clearer:

For example I want to create a moving cargonet in an aircraft. I could use the flag proxy. BUT is their any other possibility to let this net behave like clothes ( hence CfgCloth..)?? Common folks.. any idea somebody??!! tounge_o.gif

I think it might have something to do with the way the textures face reflects light. Not that you will see much of a difference with the current graphical engine.

Or... it was a planned feature, that the BIS team had to leave out, because of time constraints. Much like the vehicle cargo section in the amphibious assault ship.

The flags in game derive from  proxies , these proxies have named sections

latka  = Whole flag

pevne = attach to pole

volne = bit that flaps

This is what gives it the rippling effect , not the texture .

Take apart the FLAG_AUTO.p3d and have a look , its in your data3D folder .

AFAIK its hard wired .