Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

Guns

org.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Reputedly, British special forces used to use the Diemaco because it could be fitted with an integrated grenade launcher.

Actual operational details of British special forces is of course a state secret, some were captured on film in Afghanistan using Gpmgs and Ak's during a prison revolt.

On a vaguely related note this chap is wearing british DPM american webbing and carrying an AK crazy_o.gif

The French use G36.

They don't. They use variants of the Giat FAMAS and some SF use XM177 or M4 carbines, example aar.jpg

I think some also use SIG rifles.

Quote[/b] ]On a vaguely related note this chap is wearing british DPM american webbing and carrying an AK

Those are both Russian camouflage patterns but they resemble the American woodland and DPM a lot. People usually react to it. The DPM is called 'smog' and there are a lot of half-copies of US woodland. They are, in fact, used by some Russian forces, I have seen numerous RL pictures (in the same helmet as in these OFP2 pics btw) but sadly don't have them at hand right now.

More:

Info page

Info page 2

edit: OK I got you some pics, here you go

Smog

Smog 2

Woodland

Woodland 2

Quote[/b] ]The game is to be set on 2010, what weapon the US forces will be using on that year? The XM-8?

Army will probably be using the M8, USMC will probably still use the M16A4 in 2010 but won't likely stick with it for long. It's a bit uncertain ATM.

Quote[/b] ]but if any player had xm8 or oicw will be not funny anymore. its like the old thing with g 36, everybody got one. ofp2 will be a real war(i hope) and not just special missions .

The M-8 and the M-25 (close to OICW) will be standard issue in the future if all goes to plan, nothing really 'special' about it. rock.gif

According to the press release the game will be about special forces, SOCOM are currently planning to make SCAR-L and SCAR-M standard weapons.

They're basically a FN FNC with updated and revised recievers, looks cool imho.

FN Herstal SCAR weapons

And I think it would be cool to utilise unit networking in in flashpoint 2, as long as it doesn't become stupid like in Ghost Recon 3, where the computer tells you everything, if the game will be as free as they say you could use that kind of information to find the enemy, and perhaps be able to order air support before going in to mop up...

According to the press release the game will be about special forces,

Uuh read it again, it says no such thing, it says that you are deployed as part of an international coalition contingent. It does say that you are part of a 'team' but that could mean anything. If you really played as a special operator they would have made it clear, as it now stands they emphasized the huge dynamic missions (not in the press release) and the screenshots show only regular troops in large assaults (You might play as part of a MEU-SOC though wink_o.gif )

The SCAR is cool as hell.

Yea, you're right, it wasn't in the press release I read that, it was in boomtowns E3 coverage.

Kinda wonders why they talk about you being a specops operator from the us army when all the screens we've seen so far are depicting either marines or spetznaz.

Not too sure that they really know what they're talking about...

Still, I hope you play as an special forces operator  smile_o.gif

I dont, seen enough special operations games, leave it to someone else and get your own angle of proper infantry work and then have nice noisy fun special ops raids because that is the fun part of a Mil-Sim, when theres rounds whizzing past your head and tanks firing and helicopters zooming overhead. Moments like this were what gave me orgasms in OFP

XM8 will problery not be the US standard rifle in 2010, in septemper this year US will be haveing its OICW(not the old big ugly weapon) trials and the only gun I know is gonna be there is the Leitner-Weise Ar15's www.leitner-wise.com more infor here Ar15.com offcause alot of other weapons manufactors will be running for it too.

This summer US Marines will be testing LW products amoung them the MRS a M16 which can change barrel in less than 10 sec and is meant to replace the M249 SAW. Also a 50.cal(pistol round) M16.

Besides By 2010 the US is not gonna be rid of thier M16's if they chose to adobt a new rifle. And I think BIS will protrait the army and marines as they are today not how they might turn out remember the world has changed.

STGN

Which is kinda lame, since you could do that already in ofp. And to be honest. It's not all that cool.

It <IS> lame, and that`s the purpose of this thread......

You didn`t get the part with the "finesse" wink_o.gif

Btw, I can`t detonate grenades in-flight in ofp...

Although there was a bunch of H&K addons, I wanted OICW in ofp2 because:

1. It`s "scifi looking halo gun" which is lame I admit... tounge_o.gif

2. It has nice optics, grenades, and so on (technical issues)

Baphomet, you never dreamed about it?

I don`t belive you

tounge_o.gif

Yes. I missed the part about finesse.

Yes, when I first saw the gun I thought. "Wow. That's big and cool, and it's two guns in one". But I was like 14 or something when I first saw it. I'm in my 20's now." Now I'm like: "Oh look, it's a big bulky black dildo that probably drains batteries like no tomorrow".

Airburst ammo is a cool idea. Doesn't that static offshot of the OICW do that though?

Firing an underslung grenade at the speed of a slow bullet, with the perceived power of a 40mm grenade just pisses me off.

I tried the HK pack's OICW and it was just a rigged version of the m203. It just made it easier for lazy bums to hang explosive shots at longer distances. So... I have enough of a problem with how easy it is to law things... crazy_o.gif

From the other thread i posted in.

I would like to the modern weapons, maybe one or two 'new' weapon systems but not alot as the changes aren't going to be that big in real life.

The OICW and XM-8 i don't want to see TBH. As they are unlikely. Would like to see M-16A4 or somesthing like that, w/ optional scope to add on the railings. So depending if in a city or not, you can modify your weapon. But don't want to see loads of mods of available as they wouldn't be available for the normal soldier.

The thing I want to say, (well, I said it in another thread too)

Is that ofp2 would be a game which could handle properly and quite realistically the stuff which is...let`s say realistic, but a bit.... controversial rock.gif

Weapon systems and so on.

well...unless you buy GR3, but is not the same  

Isn`t it? rock.gif

They can always add new weapons systems later on as they get adopted in expansion packs and patches.

And what about the Russians??

I Want to see Spetznas using the AN-94, i hope BIS implement that 2-round burst mode that can make a single hole a 100 meters (if you are well trained of course)

ABAKAN

And what about the Russians??

I Want to see Spetznas using the AN-94, i hope BIS implement that 2-round burst mode that can make a single hole a 100 meters (if you are well trained of course)

ABAKAN

If its being used today then it should be in unless there in no need for it.

The M16 has been more or less completely phased out and replaced by the M4 now.

It shouldn't be that common in 2010 since it already isn't today.

OICW isn't going to happen at all. They have already chose, bought and equiped M4's in it's stead.

There won't be any refit until they wear them out first.

Actually the Marines for the most part haven't bought into the M4 hype. They're moving to an M16A4 with the ACOG sight and a RIS (RAS?). Hopefully by 2010 the Army brightens up and realizes the M4 isn't all that effective past 75yds and they'll go back to the 20" barrel w/ a collapsible stock like the Canadians or they'll adopt the 6.8SPC as their new cartridge instead M855.

M-16 better then M-4. Why have a carbine rifle if you are not in a City?

XM-8 and OICW look dead, OICW is definate dead.

M-16 forever biggrin_o.gif

i'd like to see a varity of weapons from all over the world, like some british weapons as well as the US and russian

Variety is a must; but then again, thanks to the efforts of the community, I doubt there'll ever be a shortage of weapons biggrin_o.gif .

Pretty sure i read that the m4's and such RIS guns will be modable

This is going to rock imo. They say this will really help addon makers because they wont have to make lots of different versions of m4 variations just one and a selection of scopes and silencers etc, etc.

I for one would also really like to see the XM8 in the game even though im a huge m4/car-15 fan smile_o.gif

In 2010, US soldiers won't need guns.  They'll have UGVs.

http://www.army.mil/fcs/index.html

Check out the vids (Quicktime).  We need to incorporate some of these FCS units.

That is the stupidest video i've seen in a long time. At least they should have done it without the macho-lines and the last scene: "One mission: Victory". It was way too cheesy.

BTW, from the video you could already find out the best way to bring the system down: the sattelites. Shoot them down and it's all gone, as they said themselves, it's "the backbone of the whole system".

I am sorry but I have to end this, I own a m4,Xm-177,Ak47, m16, and a whole bunch of other weapons I won't go into.

Out of curiosity, what state allows people 13 years of age to own such weapons?

what i want to see, thinking that this will be a dynamic battlefield (read the pcgamer preview), a wide variety of weapons. Ok lets say the civilians, they own theyre own weapons (shotguns... pistols ect) cause civilians do, so they could fight you if they get pissed at you. I want to see a wide variety of different weapons available for civilians, cause like what you see in lets say ofp1, You have 1 shotgun... anestly i dont think everyone in the czech republic who owns a hunting shotgun of somecind has the same shotgun.

ooo, just got an idea for a ofp2 mod by the way, youre a disturbed and troubled teenager who runs around with fireworks blowing up mailboxes! yay.gif

I am sorry but I have to end this, I own a m4,Xm-177,Ak47, m16, and a whole bunch of other weapons I won't go into.

Out of curiosity, what state allows people 13 years of age to own such weapons?

LOL, plz share tounge2.gif

Did you know, xm8`s were tested in Iraq?...

As I mentioned, spec ops would make this kind of field-tests in ofp2...

I dont want to replace the A3/A4`s, but you know, the m16 didn`t pop up just like that and been adopted everywhere.

The first Armalite`s project is from 1955...

A1, A2, A3...well, If there won`t be any xm8 nor OICW in service around 2010, It could be implemented as a part of the field test. That would be a lot more fun.