Sign in to follow this  
naoyuki

X-02Wyvern

Hi.

After it had contributed here at the end, I cannot have spared time to production easily

very busily.

It made it to not a black camouflage(Razgriz Color) but new painting(AceCombat Zero).

The script of some arms was rewritten, and the liferaft completed.

Some gimmicks were added (The wing can be stored on the ground. )and the texture was added.

The remaining work is to make several textures and LOD of the cockpit.

dxdshot1148520380_s.jpg

dxdshot1148520385_s.jpg

dxdshot1148356221_s.jpg

I think that the texture that EricJ redrew is very well-made.

When releasing it, I want to put it out together if he is possible.

Nicework EricJ! biggrin_o.gif

unknown_s.jpg

Stonehenge movie.

cool stuff man smile_o.gif  I have actually textured the cockpit somewhat, just waiting on some word on texture use but yeah I can send it over whenever possible.  I also saw that grey splinter camo on a modelling site, and was probably going to get around to it, but cest la vie..

I also hope the SDBG weapons are improved. I just got back from using them, and out of four targets, two kills, out of how many bombs I don't remember but it's a nice idea, just needs a little better tweaking, as it's too restrictive, as I found that you have to be nearly on top of the target in order to hit it...

BTW you got a PM with what I've done..

Hur hur hur that stuff looks pissing awesome. Man that looks really kool. keep it up!

Thanks, but since I have yet to find the right combo for getting it "just right" again.  The lines come out pretty crappy, but here's "something":

pln9.jpg

pln10.jpg

Thanks but again it's not my model:

S-37: Sukhoi in-house identifier (note the Su-27 was referred as the "T-10")

Su-47: Production code for the Berkut.

Anyways, I think it's just the splinter layer that's crapped out, as the rest looks fine, just that area sucks..

Yeah I didn't multiply when I should:

pln11.jpg

Preliminary weathering on the underside:

pln12.jpg

pln13.jpg

Engine idle animation:

pln14.jpg

EJECT EJECT! (Naoyuki's excellent stuff, very nice touch!wink_o.gif:

pln15.jpg

Ejection Seat on the upper left:

pln16.jpg

And it's a little boat smile_o.gif:

pln17.jpg

pln18.jpg

Note due to the scripting that he did, it determines it based off of course where you land, and thankfully somebody's made it tolerable to eject for once (not shown is that part of the ejection animation when the canopy comes off)

Well cool eric sorry bout the little mistake there normally a lot better with soviet stuff *thinks am i loosing it at 15* can wait to play with this even if it stands out like a saw thumb compared to a contemporarry plane like a viper or fulcrum

Well that's a good point.  I'm fairly confident it can handle an F-16 or a MIG-29.  It's just damn maneuverable for it's size:

pln19.jpg

Roughly I would give it the equivalent of an Su-27 as far as maneuverability, but then again I can stall a LOMAC Su-27 quite easy, and this plane.... I guess it's just the OFP engine, but it's hard to do it quite simply.  Dead stick/no powered flight, it just flys, stalling it I guess it's an engine thing, nor do I know the Ace Combat flight model (never played it) It's just nice to fly.  You have to watch low speed handling, but that's just OFP in general too, but I can do better in LOMAC anyways.  But overall it's "smooth" a little rough in some parts, but overall it's just a great thing to fly.  I think the only thing that's limiting the strike version is the weaponry.  Give it some Paveways or Mavericks, and you'll have something roughly comparable to Footmunch's F-15E, the SDGBs while a good idea, limits your options, though then again it's still something to get used to as far as use, due to (cough cough) limited data on it smile_o.gif.  Even at higher speeds it handles good, though like at lower speeds, you have to be smooth on the stick, or you'll overcompensate and crash, if you're doing a low-level strike, but again you just touch the stick gently and it'll move how you want it, though the more generic flight model kills turns, but still, I just like flying it smile_o.gif

Correction the phrase I'm looking for is "stable", it's just that, very stable. Just by itself with no modification, the flight settings is just good.

No power, hands off stick, inverted:

pln24.jpg

Also worked on the panel lines a bit, found that subtle is better:

pln20.jpg

pln21.jpg

Naoyuki I don't know if you noticed but the edges on the leading and trailing edges by the fuselage I pulled down a bit, as it looks more "flowing" for the aerodynamics. Just a little touch I thought would look nice.

Max speed on afterburner:

pln22.jpg

I also put a "proper" WIP texture holder for the winglet covers for the animation part. Was thinking of a notification or sound?:

pln23.jpg

I'm actually talking about the transition period, not a specific position. But hopefully Naoyuki has that covered....

Naoyuki, in his infinite wisdom has asked me to help do some other camo patterns more used on a modelling site (which is great reference!wink_o.gif so once I get some updated stuff (like another airframe to apply the skin to) I can do those, which isn't too much really, just have to have some fun with putting the formation strips on it...

I'm actually talking about the transition period, not a specific position.  But hopefully Naoyuki has that covered....

Naoyuki, in his infinite wisdom has asked me to help do some other camo patterns more used on a modelling site (which is great reference!wink_o.gif so once I get some updated stuff (like another airframe to apply the skin to) I can do those, which isn't too much really, just have to have some fun with putting the formation strips on it...

But hopefully Naoyuki has that covered....

famous last words eric famous last words...

And preliminary pics of the other alternate camo.  There's a total of three as far as I know an "Air Superiority Splinter", "Stealth Black Splinter", and this one:

pln25.jpg

pln26.jpg

It's too nice really, I may spend more time flying than helping smile_o.gif Seriously the new camo really makes it stand out.  Updated the texture for the tailfins and added a little elements to the engine area:

pln27.jpg

pln30.jpg

pln29.jpg

Darkened a bit, think it looks a bit better..

dxdshot1148963065s.jpg

The shadow was added.

At last, the animation trouble of some shadows was able to be solved.

I want to update it one of these days.

The number of sheets used by arranging the texture decreased though a big change point was

written before.

Moreover, it changes from the PAA format to the PAC format in a lot of parts because of the

object penetration.

Perhaps, I think that it is possible to work at ease because it doesn't think the texture mapping change in externals since of this update to exist.

Basically what he's saying is that things are on hold due to a change in the layout, which makes any further work by me kinda useless, but still will enjoy flying it smile_o.gif

I would mind seeing the ADF Falken. But Good job on this one. The AI fly the plane well especially when at a limited speed. Definitly going to watch for updates for this aircraft

Update beta version.

X02001S.jpgX02002S.jpg

X02003S.jpgweaponss.jpg

Ahhh I forgot New Screenshots...

Download here X-02Wyvern

If you can't DL,try this X-02Wyvern

Update:

Unification and reorganization of LOD addition for shadow, addition of texture (accident boat etc.), and airframe textures. Change in airframe coloring.

Correction of script of sound addition (change in wing storage, gear storage sound, and missile alert sound) GBU-39SDB and accident boat when parts operate.

Solution of problem that ejection seat and canopy do not sink.

etc...