Sign in to follow this  
LepparD

Real life spidermen

Heh , they are indeed mad  , special clothing involves tight pants to give support ... so yer balls dont end up in yer sock after a high jump !   biggrin_o.gif

seriously  , dont wanna seem like a dad or anything but , its a dangerous sport and you should not attempt it without training .

i joined my local club a few months back... its an extremely disciplined sport and although the risk are there, its like any sport - if you know what you're doing, and you don't get out of your depth, then its safe smile_o.gif

Crazy but damn good crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

Discovery Channel had something that remines me about this, "Jumping London" or something.

yes, this is big in france, theres a couple films on it as well, excellent stuff smile_o.gif

edit: i demand at least a third option on the poll! like..ermm...i like cheese?

Total control and knowledge of your own body. Looks very impressive. I'd love to be able to do that stuff.. however, I don't see it possible in the near future with this beerbelly. sad_o.gif

I wont be doing that aslong there's any other job around.

One slip and your a gonna. Prefer other jobs where you have many chances if you make a mistake.

This reminds me of an advert thingy on BBC showing this guy jumping on London's rooftops.

I have a mate who's good at this sort of thing smile_o.gif

I personally love it, it's amazing athletasism and they put on a great display biggrin_o.gif

Crazy but damn good crazy_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Discovery Channel had something that remines me about this, "Jumping London" or something.

Exactly , ive seen that series those guys went all over London from only roofs , it was hypnotic to simply see them keep on jumping from one roof to another for an hour crazy_o.gif

And ive seen a movie (french one) in which during the film a couple of miscreants kept on losing the police by jumping from house to house it was filled with wierd stunts biggrin_o.gif

Yea Ive seen this video before it was called Free Runners or something. Anyways I like the one were the guy jumps cleanly over the car wow_o.gif . As for what I think about them, they appear to be very......um athletic crazy_o.gif

ouch ouch couch  crazy_o.gif

wish I could do that....  let's see......  *jumps out window*

Gandalf's last reply. wink_o.gif

I think these guys own!

Must have required lots of time in training...

These guys did a trick here in Australia recently, they were on top of the Adelaide Football Grounds (AFL) which has a roof that closes in when unwanted weather is trying to sneak in and demoralize the players, they jumped across it when it was 5m open. (eg if it was a 100m wide the roof was closed 95m)

wow_o.gif

Its not just in France or England for that matter. rock.gif

Same thing as parkeuring? (sp?)

It's the same.. Le Parkour

Guest The Cobra

But now you're talking about these roofjumpers in france... gaah!! crazy_o.gif

I null voted; They amaze me but there completly out of their mind!! tounge_o.gif

These guys did a trick here in Australia recently, they were on top of the Adelaide Football Grounds (AFL) which has a roof that closes in when unwanted weather is trying to sneak in and demoralize the players, they jumped across it when it was 5m open. (eg if it was a 100m wide the roof was closed 95m)

wow_o.gif

Its not just in France or England for that matter.  rock.gif

there was a documentary on C4 about em called jump england or whatever. THey did the same thing on the millenium stadium, only while it was open wider than 5m

me and my friends have a less extreme version called bench jumping. My friend can do a hand stand over a bench (ie jump, do the handstand on the bench, then flip off)

I've seen a couple of these videos of some of the crazy shit the'se guys do. It's really impressive to see them doing this. I don't remember what company, but I remember seeing a commercial or two with these guys hopping around the buildings. Really good stuff.