Sign in to follow this  
LauryThorn

Action at Lipany

Hello.

Four U.S. soldiers were captured as our Blackhawk went down. We must act now, before the captives are moved further away from the frontline, to interrogations and God knows what. You are the leader of a three-member spec op group in this one. Move in, kill the guards, get the captives safely out in a convoy of Hummers.

Files:

-actionatlipany.zip, version that uses BAS Deltas. Download the BAS Delta/Ranger pack 1.55 here.

-actionatlipany_noaddon.zip, version that needs only the Resistance upgrade, no unofficial addons.

As this is some sort of beta, I would like to hear comments. Is it too easy, too hard? Does it suck? Was it fun or just stupid? Ridiculously unrealistic? Typos? Anything? smile_o.gif

it was a very quick and easy mission

but it works and the intro and camera scripting is good

i think you shouldve used jam hd units for enemies and put their skill on very high to give it more a firefight/tension atmosphere

also some sirens once we have been detected

another idea is that something goes wrong with the extraction like spetsnaz ambush your convoy on the way out or something like that

or the chopper that's meant to extract your team gets shot down or something since it's very short mission. i think the intro and the cutscenes are great but it's almost as long as the mission itself. therefore lengthen the mission

it's great you used bas delta force thier still my fav addon.

the mission works fine but it's way too short, it reminds me of the bis mission steal the car.

also don't link anything back to the mission plan since it doesn't load it back properly (that's just my personal preference)

overall it works but it's very short

i wish i could do cutscenes like you i'm lacking that area

I really appreciate your input. And it was nicely put: something that was good and something that could be improved.

I'll fix/improve smaller things tonight (if I have time), and figure out what kind of things could be added to the mission. It was meant to be a quick extraction mission, but maybe there could be somekind of twist to it.. rock.gif

Upgraded the files:

- small changes to mission itself

- the intro of the no-addon version was probably not working, fixed (the bas_weap and jam_maganizes addons were haunting in the mission.sqm addons -section, had to manually remove them)

What i didnt understand was that why were the POW's kept in a side alley beside the street and not in a more secure location crazy_o.gif ?

It was a good mission with laods of potential to become something very GOOD infact. Add music/soundfiles/radio chatter to add atmosphere. Make more enemy patrols? Intelligent AI reaction to attack also , the ones holding the hostages just stayed like idols while i came and shot them.

And whats up with my buddies , one of them was a normal 85 BIS soldier and the other fully kitted as a delta just like me? Why the difference? Plus i radioed the convoy when i played and they didnt showed up? where do they move to when radioed? I in the meanwhile anyway decided to leave the POW and my teammates protecting them and went on a rambo killing spree biggrin_o.gif , got inside the building sniped a few rom the windows and sat the buildings verenda and mowed plenty while many got owned when they were running at the backside of town coming from the dark (god bless Llaumax NVG;s wink_o.gif ).

Overall decent mission though this sorta scenario has been done plenty of times before , things that can set it apart from the others are what i explained earlier. So if you can make improvements i'd say job well done.

Quote[/b] ]What i didnt understand was that why were the POW's kept in a side alley beside the street and not in a more secure location crazy_o.gif ?

Maybe the enemy isn't expecting anything? smile_o.gif Wouldn't it be too hard if the captives were in the middle of the enemy platoon?

Quote[/b] ]It was a good mission with laods of potential to become something very GOOD infact. Add music/soundfiles/radio chatter to add atmosphere. Make more enemy patrols? Intelligent AI reaction to attack also , the ones holding the hostages just stayed like idols while i came and shot them.

I should check that also.

Quote[/b] ]And whats up with my buddies , one of them was a normal 85 BIS soldier and the other fully kitted as a delta just like me? Why the difference?

The member of your team was normal BIS soldier? Oh man, that's a bug that somehow got through, gotta check it.

Quote[/b] ]us i radioed the convoy when i played and they didnt showed up? where do they move to when radioed?

They should move to the position where the map says "Get in". Are you sure that they didn't show up?

Quote[/b] ]Overall decent mission though this sorta scenario has been done plenty of times before , things that can set it apart from the others are what i explained earlier. So if you can make improvements i'd say job well done.

Oh yeah, I know that the pattern isn't very original, so to say. But I just liked to do something like this myself. smile_o.gif Let's see what kind of improvements I can make. Thanks for the feedback! smile_o.gif

Ok, I updated the files once more. I think that this version is final. Feedback is still welcome, of course, and I can make updates if there are bugs or other stupid things. smile_o.gif