Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Bugger tis a shame your server went lemming maybe you should chain it up lol. glad to know that not everything is lost and glad you havent decided to give up on the nimrod that was looking really nice p.s cant wait for the harrier

huh.gif Sees uber cool shelters for the uber cool aircraft your making in a little cloud... POOFF sad_o.gif

Really too bad m8, still its actually quite well that only minor damage has been done while the server fell down 2m! crazy_o.gif I think meh pc would seriously crash into 4884232 pieces! biggrin_o.gif

You mentioned you did have some old models...?

Ohh and did you also check the .pbo files that may be in the addon directory at the time for testing and whatnot?

man I dont know what to say, I was waiting soo long for propper aircraft shelters that also work in wrptool! Now I cannot finish Hunter Airport/base, have to re arange certain stuff to fit other shelters. But there are non, except the other HAS which doenst look right...

(I never keep stuff that breaks easy above 1 meter!wink_o.gif

Shit happens doesnt it! > Ive dropped 16 million euro's worth of animals medicine today with the forklift! crazy_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Ohh and did you also check the .pbo files that may be in the addon directory at the time for testing and whatnot?

Yes, I have. None of the new models were in game yet.  I only have the pre-update backups. These are sequential so only new files are added to the archives but since the backup cycle isn’t due until Friday so all the models are a month old

I quite honestly don’t really want to go back and redo all the work I’ve already done, recreating the textures, models and re-nesting all the configs.  Sorry if that decision upsets anyone but I wont be revisiting these models anytime soon.

oh dude, I know that...same here with my old islands...3 islands mostly done...then my old hd fooked up...no copies of them...after suchs an incident you just won't do the same work again!

I fell with you rock wink_o.gif

Yes, I have. None of the new models were in game yet.  I only have the pre-update backups. These are sequential so only new files are added to the archives but since the backup cycle isn’t due until Friday so all the models are a month old

I quite honestly don’t really want to go back and redo all the work I’ve already done, recreating the textures, models and re-nesting all the configs.  Sorry if that decision upsets anyone but I wont be revisiting these models anytime soon.

Would you consider handing out the shelter pack to another addon maker? huh.gif Or altleast the most commonly used version of it? 1 model I mean, personally I cannot rebuild it, but I know some ppl who could do it...???

This only aplies to the HAS, luckily the models that are save were the best ones, and thank god the harrier is safe! notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Would you consider handing out the shelter pack to another addon maker?  huh.gif Or altleast the most commonly used version of it? 1 model I mean, personally I cannot rebuild it, but I know some ppl who could do it...???

This only aplies to the HAS, luckily the models that are save were the best ones, and thank god the harrier is safe!  notworthy.gif  thumbs-up.gif

Sorry No - alot of people are asking for the old models.  I wont hand them out for others to modify.

Since demand seems to be quite high for some things & depending on how much work i have to do next week i might tidy them up and release the more complete addons.  But i wont know how practical that is until i take a proper look at the state of the models.

Laptop stolen, and now this? It's as if God doesn't want you to make these addons huh.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Laptop stolen, and now this? It's as if God doesn't want you to make these addons huh.gif

The laptop has more to do with a moron and 6 armed men than bad luck or the will of God.

As for the server... I was doing an impression of King Kong at the time so its really my own fault.

Awwwww that's sad news sad_o.gif

Hey at least you didn't get the thing on yer bonts! huh.gif

Perhaps you should save your HAS addon and rename it Hardened Server Shelter

The laptop has more to do with a moron and 6 armed men than bad luck or the will of God.

As for the server... I was doing an impression of King Kong at the time so its really my own fault.

When did this happen? (laptop)

Guest RKSL-Rock

Mid October, I was on a business trip in the Ukraine.  My 'boss' decided against all advice (mine, the other guy in the car were telling him not to) to pull over and stop to help at what he thought might be an accident.  But instead turned out to be a well armed group of car-jackers.  No one was hurt but the car and all our kit was stolen (obviously).

Not the best advert for the Ukraine but to be honest that was the only trouble we saw there  wink_o.gif   The people were great, although the local police took the piss when we told them what happened.  They even offered to lock up our 'boss' for stupidity.... Which was nice.

similiar happened to us in Italy, where an apparent 'undercover' police car pulled us over (you see blue lights flashing in your rear view mirror, you stop.... or i thought so)

they demanded payment of fines there and then, we insisted on going to the police station which they said they wouldnt... in the end the guys took my wallet, grabbed the money and fucked off..

bastards whistle.gif

Next time something like that happens, demand them send a uniformed car to confirm that and demand creditals immediately, or you have every right to take off from an unmarked car, blue lights or not.

Excellent defense in court, especially if it happens in rural areas.

I've had enough study of basic law to know what police and and can't do in most countries simliar to the U.S. and Western European countries regarding the law.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Next time something like that happens, demand them send a uniformed car to confirm that and demand creditals immediately, or you have every right to take off from an unmarked car, blue lights or not.

It makes no difference once you stop, trust me.

similiar happened to us in Italy, where an apparent 'undercover' police car pulled us over (you see blue lights flashing in your rear view mirror, you stop.... or i thought so)

they demanded payment of fines there and then, we insisted on going to the police station which they said they wouldnt... in the end the guys took my wallet, grabbed the money and fucked off..

bastards whistle.gif

That happens all the time in the US, they even have a name for them, it's called Blue Light Specials.

The only problem in America being you don't have a clue who's packing and who isn't. One simple car-jacking could turn into a pitched gun battle in seconds - lovely.

On topic, anything new from the studio, or are you still consolidating what you have left in the addons folder?

Guest RKSL-Rock
The only problem in America being you don't have a clue who's packing and who isn't.  One simple car-jacking could turn into a pitched gun battle in seconds - lovely.

On topic, anything new from the studio, or are you still consolidating what you have left in the addons folder?

Ok well ive been doing some trimming, yes. Ive also been testing a new set of tools so not much new work has really gone on tbh. Although the Harrier is seeing some attention and the Herc is getting unwraped (sorta) for texturing.

Man, it seems you guys are gluttons for trouble. I sniff trouble and I'm gone, don't care if the rental car gets 18 rounds in its back by crimminals or corrupt police. I'd rather explain in a cell than end up in a morgue. So far my instinct has saved my ass more than I could ever count.

I've heard some real horror stories about robberies on the roads where the cooperative victims don't live to be witnesses of it. Just to steal some small amount of money and don't want to be identified. Even cooperation really doesn't give you much of a protection where I live. (Don't bother asking where I live.)

I'll end my useless off-topic rambling here..

Quick question - was searching the Mod websites for pictures of operation telic, and came across some interesting 'nose art' found on Tornados and Nimrods...

not that i want to slow production by throwing ideas in, but i thought these were quite good for nose art, and some you could easily lift off the photo into O2

http://www.raf.mod.uk/telic/telic_images_21.html

see what you think smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Quick question - was searching the Mod websites for pictures of operation telic, and came across some interesting 'nose art' found on Tornados and Nimrods...

see what you think  smile_o.gif

I think we can do that smile_o.gif  

I had been looking at the Gulf '91 tornado's nose art in a book recently... Im sure some hidden selections could be added. smile_o.gif

Ok in way of a little update:

As I said before in the post about the 'server suicide' some projects have died other have been reincarnated.

Boeing XF/A-32A (CTOL) Joint Strike Fighter

Before any jumps up screaming “This isn’t a X-32!!†You are right its not.  It’s a XF/A-32A CTOL Version.  This would have been the final configuration of Boeing's JSF entry had not lost the competition to Lockheed.  

Quite late in the development Boeing realised that the delta plan form of the X-32A & B just couldn’t perform as they planned.  Hovering and low speed stability were big issues for the delta design.  Various configs were proposed to fix the problem, even a tailless version, with the design team finally settling on a conventional tail plane with twin fins.  With only a matter of months before the deadline Boeing submitted an updated proposal to the JSF committee completely revamping their design and making new claims for weight, speed and endurance.  Lockheed complained. Loudly.

The Final proposed config was an improvement over the delta plan form for various reasons but the 2 main advantages were:  Weight saving – surprisingly the traditional design was almost 750kgs lighter than the delta, and low speed stability was greatly improved – making it easier for carrier landings.

However the changes came too late in the test programme to make a significant change in the outcome. With both teams completing trials within days of each other the advantage swayed back and forth for months until Boeing suffered serious problems hovering the X-32.  Meanwhile Lockheed (although with its own minor problems) leapt ahead in the trials leaving Boeing to find fixes to an increasing number of problems.

We all know what happened next…Lockheed won.

This model represents what could have been.

<a href="http://www.rkslstudios.info/FILES/PR/xf-32ctol1.jpg" target="_blank">xf-32ctol1_th.jpg

</a>

Click the pic for a bigger image

This addon has been extensively researched with data kindly donated by BAE Systems, Lockheed and Team JSF together with various images etc from the Net.

Boeing declined to help me with ANY info or pictures saying:  “Thank you for your inquiry but we are unable to provide information on that project or any other closed programme.†(That was the entire email - methinks someone's a bit bitter rofl.gif )

Impressive - always good when these companies help out - i had one of the MoD suppliers send me not the civilian plans of their vehicle, but the military plans, including comms equipment, weapon mounts, the whole lot

brilliant stuff fella - good news about the nose art - it dawned on me to ask, seeing as many of those pics are high pixel, and would be (hopefully) very easy to copy the art from.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Im off to RAF Marham & Wittering in between Xmas and New Year so time permitting im going do a trawl in their museums, they apparently have a nose art collection so i might get lucky inthere.

Quote[/b] ] always good when these companies help out

Had to laugh, I contacted Lockheed (admittedly via someone i know there) about the entire JSF thing, there provided as much info on the Boeing as they did the F-35.  They rang me and asked exactly what i wanted to know and then compiled it for me, put it on a webserver and sent me a URL. Even rang me back a week later to check if it was enough info. 1.2Gb of stuff. Totally amazing support.  

I'd have to say the same for BAE Systems and Westland (1 email and they sent me the full General Assmebly drawings, A0 sheets for the WAH-64D and EH101) not one comapny asked for a fee.  Even the usually snobby EADS and MBDA went out of thier way to help with projects.  But the best by far was SAAB...they sent me a book and a DVD!

lol - i think alot of equipment etc is becoming less sensitive, especially the older stuff in the british forces. Im suprised about the Apache drawings and the Merlin though - thats a great result.

Land Rover have also been very helpful, but tracking down someone to talk to about the more elusive family of the landies in service is alot harder whistle.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
lol - i think alot of equipment etc is becoming less sensitive, especially the older stuff in the british forces. Im suprised about the Apache drawings and the Merlin though - thats a great result.

The Apache is a known entity, this particular GA is the top level one.  There is nothing remotely sensitve shown and the Avionics key block has been removed but it has full reference points, dims etc for every major component and the cockpits etc.

The EH101 is pretty much the same, with the added bits from the that brochure i dug up for Footmunch.

Land Rover have also been very helpful, but tracking down someone to talk to about the more elusive family of the landies in service is alot harder  whistle.gif

I may be able to help there.  One of my mates is a complete Land Rover nut, if its something specific you need i dont mind asking him.