honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan

ECP replacement config by [b.B.S.] Deathkiller

That's the one I'm currently using (for the moment I just have a batch file to swap out the config when I want to play the Dynamic Afghanistan missions tounge2.gif).

I'll give the DMA replacements a shot, though I have to admit I've rather fallen in love with Laser's units. tounge2.gif

edit: Ohh. Just noticed akd's comment about the Army Pack including Laser and RHS units. tounge2.gif Will go check it out pronto.

edit2: Uh, crap. Is there a "light" version, so to speak, of the Army Pack? I already have the required Laser and RHS units, and just need the williec units and the config.

The DMA Army Pack has no add-on dependencies. They are Laser and RHS 3D models, but they are included in the pack. The pack has its own .pbos for everything and various configs to suit your needs.

Ah, that's fine then, I'll go ahead and download the pack. Thanks! smile_o.gif

Wow, three replies in three minutes. tounge2.gif

I used the original Mi17 (BMP, Urals, BMP etc.), since I thought that people would be using their favorite config mod anyway. So I left the original BIS vehicles to add even more flavor, when the mission is played with different mods/vehicles. E.G. FFUR, EECP and Y2k3 mods could accomplish the same goal (even with different Mi17 models, depending on the mod). smile_o.gif

Yeah ok, fair enough, but I'm still for using the Mi26 in the mission. (also I think that more or less everybody's favourite config mod right now with this mission is your very own DMA config which doesn't replace the choppers wink_o.gif)

If you're not going to make another version, maybe you could just tell me real quick how to change it manually?

Thanks for a great mission

/ Bunker

I seem to be having some trouble loading up Dynamic Afghanistan 1.1. Whenever I try to start it up, I get an error message saying

Quote[/b] ]No entry "config.cpp/Worlds.1"

I've tried various combinations of Addons, ranging from ECP 1.085 plus the DMA Army Pack (along with all the required addons, of course), to loading up stock Resistance with the required addons. No luck. :\

For reference, Afghan 1.2b, 1.3, and DF all load up okay.

hey guys i am a "mission maker" for lack of a better word, and i have been making a city on desert island that i call my lag free island. basically it is a small aphanistan island-typle map, were every building is ebnterable, and i added ladders to most the buildings so ya can go on top. and i put alot of buildings together so they look new. anyway my friends enjoyed it and i figured if this sounds interesting to anyone let me know. i also have alot of mission ideas, but im not a good scripter, i lay buildings and set up objects for hrs on end though. so lemme know if ya wanna see this island or not or if ya guys need some help with mission ideas based around middle east conflicts let me know. ps great mission ide LOVE to see this MP

If I had known what I was missing I'ld played this one before! wow_o.gif

This morning I had a first look at this mission and completed my first patrol mission. Just the right thing to start with. And I learned my first Afghanistan lesson very soon: be carefull in villages even when not marked as hostile. I lost one BRDM and the four men inside. mad_o.gif  Sure enough the enemy had to pay and indeed they did pay... pistols.gif

Well, this mission is really special. I very much like the idea and the way you've done it. This certainly has a bit of RPG (Role play game) and I allready feel like home at this airbase. biggrin_o.gif

To play the really nice VDV troopers is cool as well. It doesn't always have to be Americans againgst whoever.

The Afghanistan island is looking much better than I thought. In fact it has a very nice, convincing and atmospheric landscape. Performance is very good. Don't know why I thought I don't like it - must have mistaken it with another desert island.

But now I've got to return to duty on Afghanistan  biggrin_o.gif

Btw. a version with german BW Mod units would be appreciated... whistle.gif   wink_o.gif

Am I the only one who can't download the island required for this mission? The link on ofp.gamezone.cz points to the rebels instead, and all mirrors except the Filefront ones are down - and there's a +5 hour wait on Filefront crazy_o.gif

OFP.info has only the high res (original textures) version of Agent Smith remake of CatShit's Afghan island 1.2

Link there

No idea where to find the lower res (BIS Nogova textures) version of the exact same island version 1.2 , most of the mirrors seems to be dead (or you have this Filefront mirror , but since two week they went from an instant download avialble to more than 2 hours queues...)

Played version 1.3, except either the inserttion feature isn't working, or I'm just too much of a knucklehead.

<s>If I select it through the radio menu, nothing happens, and if I select the TRANS option from the player menu (which seems to only show up when I'm not near my base confused_o.gif). I get some error text near the top of the screen, and I'm in an Mi-17 with my squad, dropping flares like crazy, the pilot sets down, says "good luck out there boys!" and we all disembark ready to do battle.....except we're all back at base :P</s>

*edit* nevermind, figured it out....yeah, the knucklehead that I am I was not in map view when i was trying this.

BadAss -

Hey BadAss, great that you tried the mission, and even better that you like it, good to hear such a statement from a Mapfact team member. smile_o.gif

An RPG element was exactly what was intended with the mission, but the principle needs more "life", I got hopes that Silolas DAC will add more variety to it. wink_o.gif

But if you would like another flavor of the mission try the DA: DELTA FORCE ADDON HEAVY

Tovarish -

Thank you for reporting the missleading link, I fixed the first post accordingly leading to the webpage from AG Smith, where you can download the Afghansitan version with default RES textures, which is recommended for the mission.

Get CAT Afghanistan with RES textures here:

http://www.irbaboon.prv.pl/ags/

I had one annoying bug, though. During playing last evening I had three CtDs in one hour. Two of the three times it happend just before rearming my squad after completition of my mission.

And it was no savegame resp. load game bug it happened just out of the blue without warning. sad_o.gif

Got to check my addons, maybe that`s the problem. Got no other idea.

Once the mission is signed out at the CO all scripts are purged, and the mission itself is set to the default state. Seems like the mission had a little hickup while terminating the scripts, or hopefully there is some conflict with other addons you booted for the mission. All testing of the mission was done with only the needed addons in a seperate modfolder. wink_o.gif

Finished the mission last night - took 7 days game time to do, and it was a blast. Throughout the campaign I kept changing my tactics, finding better ways to do things

Example - my last mission took place in the middle of the night, and was to capture a rebel leader in that big town a few clics down the road east of your airbase. Now, the last time I was there, was during the day, on a similar mission, and I took very heavy casualties (something like 8 KIA's - largely due to the enemy T-55's being in close quarters and concealed by buildings) plus our CAS Hind was shot down. (managed to find and Medevac one of the crew). We almost got sent home after that one, even though we captured the target. It was pretty much my little Black Hawk Down.

This time around, I was determined to prevent such heavy casualties. Plus, support for the terrorists was very low so I knew this one could break their back if done right.

First, I left my squad behind, and took an Su-25 to overfly the target area. Found two enemy tanks and made short work of them using guided missiles.

After I landed, I divided my squad into three teams , two of them manning T-80's, and the rest into a BMP with me. We drove up till half a clic from town, where White team and me disembarked from the BMP, and I arranged the squad into a "Vee" formation, with a T-80 spearheading each arm of the "Vee". We then slowly rolled through town, absolutely blowing away anyone with a weapon who stood in our way  pistols.gif. Took absolutely no KIA's - one of the T-80's was hit by three RPG's, but both the tank and the crew kept rolling and blasting.

One thing I noticed in the middle of the town was three armed corpses lying right around the charred remains of one of the T-55's - must have been standing very close to it to be taken out by the blast of the missile strike.

Captured the target, Medevac'ed him out, went back to the BMP, and we all rolled back to our base. Mission accomplished, war won  goodnight.gif

Awesome job on this mission and the addons used, I'm loving it  notworthy.gif

Suggestion : allow the use of Su-25 as CAS, else take out their guided missiles, because near the end I found myself "cheating" when I needed very quick CAS or didnt want to risk a Hind downed by Manpads - I would just call in an LGB strike to some empty spot  near any enemy armour, and the Sturmovik would fire a missile at the target as it came in for it's (quite unecessary) bomb run.

Thank you Tovarish for your excellent after battle report, and congratulation to have been the first one to have liberated Dynamic Afghanistan 1.3thumbs-up.gif

You will enter the Dynamic Afghanistan hall of fame with your deed in the first post of the thread. wink_o.gif

Good suggestion on the SU as CAS support, either that or stripping the guided missiles of the SU-bomber, will make it harder to "abuse" the bomb strike.

You will enter the Dynamic Afghanistan hall of fame with your deed in the first post of the thread. wink_o.gif

Hey, that's pretty cool smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Good suggestion on the SU as CAS support, either that or stripping the guided missiles of the SU-bomber, will make it harder to "abuse" the bomb strike.

I gotta say it's pretty awesome to watch Su-25's go to work on enemy armour, but there's nothing that can really stop them:

17dw.jpg

28hi.jpg

30ln1.jpg

42ns.jpg

54lr.jpg

66lr.jpg

Maybe if there was more of a chance of them being shot down somehow smile_o.gif.

Giving some real AA capabilities to the terrorists should be really interesting, specially since the player will have to get rid of it, before he can call CAS. smile_o.gif

I am thinking about the ZU 23-2 from Sebastian Müller and Marfy.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=3752

honcho, addition of the ZU-23 to the insurgent opfor would be excellent, not just for Dyn. Afg., but all the DMA campaigns. ZU-23 is probably one of the most widely proliferated AAA systems in the world.

7.jpeg

zu23_01.jpg

5.jpg

http://pvo.guns.ru/images/other/iraq/94.jpg

http://pvo.guns.ru/images/other/iraq/95.jpg

Truck_ZU-23-2_Afghanistan_01.jpg

ZU-23-2_Nicaragua_Army_03.jpg

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~idf/idfmod/Hatzerim/Arab_E/DSCF1984.JPG

And of course it makes for a nasty direct-fire anti-personnel weapon, as well.

Mueller and Marfy's is very nice.

Thank you for the variety of pictures AKD, it seems that the ZU-23 is the AA weapon of choice for any conflict. smile_o.gif

Thank you for the variety of pictures AKD, it seems that the ZU-23 is the AA weapon of choice for any conflict. smile_o.gif

Hell yes. Probably one of those things you can trade a pair of jeans for in Afghanistan or Somalia.

ZPU-2 or ZPU-4 would be up there in the proliferation ranks also, but I don't think one has been made for OFP.

ZPU-4_Type56_aa.jpg

zpu-4-DNST9201725_JPG.jpg

Hello,

First off, I'm enjoying DMA quite a bit, so thanks for the work you've put into this. I've only read a couple of pages of this (37 page) thread, so forgive me if this has been discussed:

1) Will you consider making resources like armor and aircraft more limited? I don't know about other people, but I find managing limited resources (like in OFP: Resistance) more challenging and fun. So if your brand new 'copter gets shot down, you'll have to manage for a couple missions until HQ replaces it, and change tactics accordingly.

2) How about persistent resources to make up for losses in the field? Say I manage to capture one of those Toyotas (not too difficult actually). How about letting me keep it for the next mission (until I run out of ammo, perhaps?)