honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan

Quote[/b] ](yes, many a para has been dropped in the drink, but then would paras been inserted into a coastal oil facility by parachute in 2005?).

Sure, I cant think why not, it would give them the element of suprise, and the paras from today got steerable chutes, so they would land exactly on target.

Quote[/b] ]What would be ideal is if there were tactical implications for either choice.

Yes, I believe its better to leave the option to the player, so I will insert the additional form of insertion. Maybe make them rappel, to avoid the problems with the not viewable palms on the map screen.

Quote[/b] ]In general, the more ways that the same mission goal can be approached, the better. I think that freedom is what makes this concept behind the campaign so great.

I got the same opinion about the mission, the more variety the player gets to accomplish the mission the better.

Quote[/b] ]Down those lines, what do you think about adding a small dock just north of the UK base (connected by a trail/road) with some boats available to be used by the player to approach shoreline objectives from the sea side in addition to by land or air.

I think its a very interesting idea, actually I wanted to make such a little military harbour on the Libya map, but I forgot about it along the line. Now that you ask for it, I remember, so I guess you can expect such a harbour in the next mapupdate, and of course also used in the Bleed for oil mission once created, thank you for bringing back that idea. While I am at it, I will also add a military harbour close to the east coast, roughly close to the 2. military base. Would be nice to see some sea action.

Quote[/b] ]Just some ideas, but I may be going beyond the capabilities of the DM system.

The DM principle is absolutly open for additions, the only thing that is limiting the principle is the lack of imagination smile_o.gif

I'm having a problem in 1.3 with automatic rearming. Whenever rearming happens, all squadmembers including the player seem to lose their secondary weapons, except for the guy that starts out with the '29. I then have to get half my guys to pick up the proper weapons from the ammo crates, and I'll probably run out of rpgs soon sad_o.gif

Now this wouldn't be a problem if I could choose not to automatically rearm, but unfortunartely it happens whenever I rest whether I like it or not. Is this a bug with a workaround, or maybe is it ECP related?

Another possible bug is that by using the carried radio (action menu radio, not map radio) you can call for an insert anywhere on the battlefield, and a hind will teleport to your exact location and take off.

And another thing that irks me is that there's no wristwatch :O

Otherwise it's very good smile_o.gif

My JJR Rebel issues are solved, thanks B... Sorry can't remember your name yay.gifthumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'm having a problem in 1.3 with automatic rearming. Whenever rearming happens, all squadmembers including the player seem to lose their secondary weapons, except for the guy that starts out with the '29. I then have to get half my guys to pick up the proper weapons from the ammo crates, and I'll probably run out of rpgs soon sad_o.gif

The rearming doesnt detect secondary weapons, but gives the troop a loadout depending on their main weapon. Check the main weapon of the AT units, those main weapons will be equiped with AT weapons.

Not need to fear to run out of rpgs, since the ammocrates are updated/refilled with each rest.

I implemented the rest rearm, to use the blackscreen fo reequip the units, I thought that it would assist the player, by sparing him the need to go to the weapons officer to rearm.

Quote[/b] ]Another possible bug is that by using the carried radio (action menu radio, not map radio) you can call for an insert anywhere on the battlefield, and a hind will teleport to your exact location and take off.

Yes its like that on purpose, if you check your watch you will see, that time is passed, this time reflects the time needed for the insertion helicopter to reach the troops infield, to take them to the new destination.

Quote[/b] ]And another thing that irks me is that there's no wristwatch

Wristwatch on the units? The watch is enabled in the mission, thus show. wink_o.gif

No, I don't mean a watch *on* the unit models, I mean in the map screen next to the compass. I had the same thing happen in Dynamic Libya sad_o.gif

I'll try your AT suggestion, thanks.

On a side note, the RPG-29 Vampire is ridiculously powerful. One shot will make a T-80 explode and fly up into the air, and any vehicles within 15m will become disabled. That's insane! biggrin_o.gif

No, I don't mean a watch *on* the unit models, I mean in the map screen next to the compass. I had the same thing happen in Dynamic Libya sad_o.gif

I'll try your AT suggestion, thanks.

On a side note, the RPG-29 Vampire is ridiculously powerful. One shot will make a T-80 explode and fly up into the air, and any vehicles within 15m will become disabled. That's insane! biggrin_o.gif

I don't have a watch in the Bleed for Oil mission either.

Hey all,

I'm having a rather annoying problem with DA. After 20-30 minutes of playing (sometimes shorter) OFP crashes back to desktop for no apparent reason. There is no OFP error message, just the usual MS 'send us a report' crap. Perhaps this has been discussed already but I still don't feel like reading 30+ pages wink_o.gif

Just to make my situation clear: I've put all the addons in a seperate mod folder, and I run DA in conjunction with ECP. I believe I've seen someone mention compatibility issues with ECP in one of the other DMA threads. Could this be it?

Thanks for any help,

regards,

X.

No watch, that is right, I just checked the description.ext there is the no-watch defined. Dont know why I did that crazy_o.gif

But fortunatly there is an easy fix for the No-watch during mission problem, dpbo the mission and open the description.ext with a notepad, and change the line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">showWatch=0

into

Quote[/b] ]showWatch=1

then either play the mission in the editor, or save it as a single player mission again.

Quote[/b] ]After 20-30 minutes of playing (sometimes shorter) OFP crashes back to desktop for no apparent reason.

I got the feeling that this CTD is related to the mission being played with ECP. I got used to the errormessages using ECP during spawning of the units, but I never witnessed any CTDs after I took the dialog out of the Bleed mission. But I got to admit that my testing sessions dont go that long. Could you please try playing the mission without ECP (DMA Army/Naval can be used, just dont use the ECP compatible config), to see if the problem remains smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I got the feeling that this CTD is related to the mission being played with ECP. I got used to the errormessages using ECP during spawning of the units, but I never witnessed any CTDs after I took the dialog out of the Bleed mission. But I got to admit that my testing sessions dont go that long. Could you please try playing the mission without ECP (DMA Army/Naval can be used, just dont use the ECP compatible config), to see if the problem remains smile_o.gif

I expected ECP to be the cause of the problem but sadly, it isn't confused_o.gif I started up DA without ECP, using a seperate mod-folder and all. Smack in the middle of a Raid, OFP coughed and CTD'ed. I have the sneaking suspicion that DA was about to give me the "mission complete, RTB" message... Could some scripts be conflicting? I have no ideas left... I recently reinstalled OFP, so it's pretty clean - the only non-BIS addon in the Res/addons folder is the editor upgrade.

Incidentally, I'm getting an error message about a missing magazine when I start up DA (sorry, haven't written down what it says exactly).

Bah! I was having so much fun with DA...

Sounds strange indeed, I have had no CTDs with the mission so far. But I will play it for some time to see if the same occurs for me. The mission itself is set to a default state after each assignment. So there shouldnt be any more scripts running when its reset that could mess up.

omg this missions rock wow_o.gif ..... its soo cool to play ....

i ve searched always something like this wow_o.gif

do you made more missions like thaT ?!?

and do the newer versions (1.1, 1.2, ....) youse the same addons as the 1.0 or do i have to download other addons to run it ?

Glad to hear that you are having fun. smile_o.gif

Version 1.3 is available and recommended to play, it uses 2 new addons, the updated GMER 1.21 and the pickup truck, check the first post to see which addons you have already, the links have been updated to the latest links wink_o.gif

There is also another "flavor" of the Dynamic Afghanistan mission, it uses Lasers Delta Force units against the same Opfor. Another dynamic mission available uses the Bleed units on Libya Island. Check my signature for links to the missions and the island smile_o.gif

argh i got a problem ..... i selected nothing on the radio ..... but when i want to move around my units on the map su-25 are bombin them away .

or when i just want arty one time and then move units on the map i blast them away with the arty .. but it isnt selected on the radio anymore

how can i ensure that i havent anything selected on the radio ?!?

im sorry for my bad english ....

^^

I did this too after a patrol on DMA Delta, called for extract and my dear local A10 came by with some LGB´s on our location.

I wrote it up as a blue on blue incident smile_o.gif

Best to make sure only to click on the supportoptions once, the script needs time to iniciate, give it a second or two, and it will react.

Quote[/b] ]I wrote it up as a blue on blue incident
Quote[/b] ]War is bad (Nancy Reagan?)

smile_o.gif

Hi I'm new to this Dynamic campaign thing, so please

be gentle.  Where ,and if possible, can I get a co-op

campaign to play with friends using what I've been

reading about.  You're in a base and can get missions

and call for support.

I saw at opec files that there's a co-op mission tool for

this type of mod but was wondering if someone made

one already (campaign). Any help would be appreciated

thanks.

Or how can I add about 4 'playable' slots to the Afaganistan

Delta Force one? huh.gif

What about a "Addon Heavy"-version like in the DELTA FORCE-part of Dynamic Afghanistan? Thats just a thougt, but would be nice. icon_rolleyes.gif

First off, this is simply amazing. I wasaway from Flashpoint for almost two years, and this is one hell of a reintroduction. smile_o.gif

A note about ECP. I've been able to play with ECP enabled (v1.085) without any problems, though so far I haven't played for more than half an hour at a time. The only problem I had with using ECP was when I used a unit replacement config I got from ofp.info that replaces the BIS units with various units from Laser and RHS. When I had that config enabled, it would CTD before getting to the initial briefing screen (the map screen).

First off, this is simply amazing. I wasaway from Flashpoint for almost two years, and this is one hell of a reintroduction. smile_o.gif

A note about ECP. I've been able to play with ECP enabled (v1.085) without any problems, though so far I haven't played for more than half an hour at a time. The only problem I had with using ECP was when I used a unit replacement config I got from ofp.info that replaces the BIS units with various units from Laser and RHS. When I had that config enabled, it would CTD before getting to the initial briefing screen (the map screen).

Use the DMA Army Pack unit-replacements. Has nice units by Laser and RHS, and an ECP-specific config is included. See here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=48439

Really the only thing that bothers me about this mission is the helicopter used for insertion/extraction.

When there is such a brilliant Mi26 made by the OWP mod that would fit this mission like a glove, the old 1980:s Mi17 looks kind of outdated next to these uber-awesome VDV troopers.

I understand that this might lag the mission down quite a lot, but I'm prepared to give it a shot. Maybe you could make an addon-heavy version of this mission too, like marcomio suggested? And while you're at it throw in some other "heavy" addons, like the SFM Urals, or some of the ORCS tanks or you know, whatever. pistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]When I had that config enabled, it would CTD before getting to the initial briefing screen (the map screen).

Could you point out which config you were using, might be a error in the config, since I never had problems with any config mods.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe you could make an addon-heavy version of this mission too, like marcomio suggested? And while you're at it throw in some other "heavy" addons, like the SFM Urals, or some of the ORCS tanks or you know, whatever.

I used the original Mi17 (BMP, Urals, BMP etc.), since I thought that people would be using their favorite config mod anyway. So I left the original BIS vehicles to add even more flavor, when the mission is played with different mods/vehicles. E.G. FFUR, EECP and Y2k3 mods could accomplish the same goal (even with different Mi17 models, depending on the mod). smile_o.gif

ECP replacement config by [b.B.S.] Deathkiller

That's the one I'm currently using (for the moment I just have a batch file to swap out the config when I want to play the Dynamic Afghanistan missions tounge2.gif).

I'll give the DMA replacements a shot, though I have to admit I've rather fallen in love with Laser's units. tounge2.gif

edit: Ohh. Just noticed akd's comment about the Army Pack including Laser and RHS units. tounge2.gif Will go check it out pronto.

edit2: Uh, crap. Is there a "light" version, so to speak, of the Army Pack? I already have the required Laser and RHS units, and just need the williec units and the config.

the pbo and models inside have not the same names than the current Laser and RHS packs and has a lot less content than the Laser/RHS packs (as only needed models/textures used by the modpack are present).

So while this trick is allowing the user to play with both the DMA army modpack and the Laser/RHS packs without any conflict or incompatibility, it forces you to download the whole thing (55mo) , sorry there is no other way around.

The Army pack doesnt interere with the laser units nor the RHS units, only the needed models are extracted to the pbos to substitute the original BIS units, the texture and models are renamed, so you can add any pbo to the modfolder without problems. wink_o.gif

Edit: Sanctuary was faster with a reply, I should have known wink_o.gif