honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan

Krasny-

Sad but true, the CAS lacks the needed punch in DA 1.2, the problem is fixed in the update, and CAS is much more effective now wink_o.gif

i will try to give the enemy different behaviour, other than just running arround

Mountain-

Interesting observation, actually i use a setcaptive in the update for the flares used during insertion, the setcaptive stays for random 30 seconds once the heli flys out, it should be enough to stay uninteresting for the Opfor most of the time (i kind of like the idea of the Opfor chasing behind a helicopter, but you are right, it shouldnt happen always smile_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]I've enjoyed this mission immensely and i've come to love and respect the SVD.

I am glad you like the mission and very happy that it brought new units to your attention

smile_o.gif

last time it happend was after disembarking from a helo

Krasny,

I have this happen all the time when when telling everyone to disembark from a vehicle that is moving. It's not specific to the DM missions. If you call for "Return to Formation" (1-1), you may actually hear "All, follow, All." Which basically means they aren't following you. Sometimes you'll hear "All, follow, Two."

If this is what is happening, all you have to do is hit Reply, and Fail (0-2). You should hear, "One, negative," and then be able to call everyone back. If you hear "All, fall back into formation," you're in business. If this doesn't work for you, then I'm at a loss.

Hi all.

I have another possible bug to report on DA 1.2

When ordering team members to equip hand grenades, they are sometimes sent to the three BMPs in the hangar near the HQ. I have them set in halt, so they stay by the ammo source instead of returning to formation.

Later when gathering the squad with radio menu 1,1 those who went to the BMPs remain stuck there, even if I order them individually. I usually just run over there and bump them out of position and then they seem to respond again. tounge2.gif

This is the kind of mission I have been looking for since re-discovering OFP after several years. Thanks a lot!

Thank you for reporting the bug smile_o.gif

I never used grenades, so I never exprerienced the bug, I didnt even know that the vehicles carry grenades.

I might as well strip them from the vehicles to avoid the getting stuck of the units, and add them to the ammocrates instead.

I hope that will fix the bug wink_o.gif

Glad you like the mission principle smile_o.gif

Just played another mission and the same thing happened with the truck parked by the fuel station. Perhaps you need to removemags from that too.

I find that when fighting in hilly terrain, there is often an opportunity to lob a grenade on enemies at a lower elevation but too close for the gp25. It can be very satisfying to catch a squad that way. biggrin_o.gif Still, perhaps by playing pointman so often, I am missing the point of the grenade launcher.

While you are putting in a crate for grenades, would you consider adding a few pipe bombs and mines also? With so many narrow passes and choke points a satchel charge could make a good defensive kill spot.

Thanks again. I am off to test some more.

Quote[/b] ]While you are putting in a crate for grenades, would you consider adding a few pipe bombs and mines also? With so many narrow passes and choke points a satchel charge could make a good defensive kill spot.

Thank you for reminding me, being an assault player pistols.gif myself i often miss the more subtle approaches.

So I will add the wanted demolotions and grenades for the next update wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]While you are putting in a crate for grenades, would you consider adding a few pipe bombs and mines also? With so many narrow passes and choke points a satchel charge could make a good defensive kill spot.

Thank you for reminding me, being an assault player pistols.gif myself i often miss the more subtle approaches.

So I will add the wanted demolotions and grenades for the next update wink_o.gif

Heh! I need to work on my assault tactics instead of thinking 'recon profile' each time I get a mission. tounge2.gif

Just tried a night capture mission and thought I'd take team1 only, equipped with the silenced weaps...nice selection, by the way.

Snuck into position about 100 meters from the village, slight elevation, and most of the enemy were taken out by the VSS and scoped VAL. Those 9x39mm rounds seem pretty effective, and the AI had a hard time spotting the team. As I was moving in to find the target I could hear the sounds of armor nearby, and then two T-55s rumbled out from behind the village. whistle.gif  

I've always enjoyed playing the East side in OFP, and this campaign has turned out to be a great deal of fun! I'll look forward to seeing it get even better. My thanks to those who put it together.

Problem with model stopping the random faces from working, only thing holding it back really.

Can any one help am getting the error;

no entry 'campaigns\dynamic afghanistan 1.1.catintro\descriptio.ext.campaign'.

T

The campaigns will not load depite the downloaded files being ok and installing all addons.

The campaign page in the book is blank - although you can click on the arrow to turn page and see a guy on a car with a RPG but thats it...

Have tried playing around and running from a mod folder to no avail!

Can anyone shead any light on the problem, im stumped!!

best would be if you would download Dynamic Afghanistan version 1.2b, its available in the first post of this thread, you seem to have DA version 1.1 wink_o.gif

and you seem to have put the mission in the campaign folder, put it into the OFP/mission folder instead smile_o.gif

yeah that sometimes confuses peoples.

at munk - thx for the update and can we get a guesstamate on when it will be fixed (also problem size big or small)

i dont want to be a bother though

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could I miss something so obvious!!!

Sorry I feel a right twat now!!!

whistle.gif

Alright at a guess it'll be done.... when its done.

Large problem as I need to replace all other models with the one that the faces are buggered on and obvious solutions havent worked.

Edit: Faces = fixed

Model names had to match class names. It means I'll have to change all class names so Im adding the GMER tag in this version. I'll PM everyone I can find who's using these in a mission the new classes so they can update it accordingly smile_o.gif

Edit2: Class names... all rebel class names are remaining unchanged. All new civilian units are being class as gmer_civie_01 - gmer_civie_11. Reason for leaving rebels is the random faces still work on them and it saves me a job, meaning I can release it all quicker thumbs-up.gif

i got an error a few times while being inserted via mi17 on my first mission:

"_x domove [_newposx, _newposy]# error type Any, expected Number"

we got rpg'd at the LZ, so i couldn't tell you if it happened the next time as well crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Class names... all rebel class names are remaining unchanged. All new civilian units are being class as gmer_civie_01 - gmer_civie_11. Reason for leaving rebels is the random faces still work on them and it saves me a job, meaning I can release it all quicker thumbs-up.gif

no problem, if the classname change is due to fixing any problems you are most welcome to change them, I will alter my missions accordingly to fit for the new civilian class names. I will have to make a mission workover concerning the units anyway, since you added new units that I will love to use as well (thinking about those though Body Guards) pistols.gif

really good to hear that the GMER 1.2 are about to be beta tested, send them over for testing and I will get a head start on altering the missions accordingly wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i got an error a few times while being inserted via mi17 on my first mission:

"_x domove [_newposx, _newposy]# error type Any, expected Number"

the error occurs when the game/mission fails to pick up the coordinates of the desired landing zone, best to give a new waypoint by choosing the insertion method (Insertion or Para) again and clicking on the map.

Its a problem that OFP has with big islands, the AI has problems to cover long distances for the approach. The best solution is to separate the insertion into different waypoints for far away landing zones, by choosing the insertion on way again and clicking on the map again (the same way the flight direction can be altered)

So if you head across the map, seperat the approach into 3 waypoints, easing the wayfinding of the engine and giving you something to do during insertion tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Its a problem that OFP has with big islands, the AI has problems to cover long distances for the approach. The best solution is to separate the insertion into different waypoints for far away landing zones, by choosing the insertion on way again and clicking on the map again (the same way the flight direction can be altered)

So if you head across the map, seperat the approach into 3 waypoints, easing the wayfinding of the engine and giving you something to do during insertion tounge2.gif

couldent you just script it so that it would automaticly put a new waypoint in say....every few thousand meters? like when i click on something that is say 11,000m away every 4,000 meters it would put a way point along the line you originaly set? sorry but its hard to express what i think in type sometimes

@munk & honcho- i could give yall a hand with that betatesting of the units and mission if needed (prey's to god that they find me worthy of betatesting status notworthy.gif ) after all the more the marrier right?

tounge2.gif

Then how did I end up with a beta version? tounge2.gif

I have my squad (currently about 25 people if I include advisors and admin) at hand to beta test them along side DMA and some other select mission editors. Unfortunatly Im at work this weekend so havent had time to do much. Once some things are tweaked its just a fucking huge copy and paste job with some texture changes here and there. Might be helpful if Rabbit would get off his ass and send me the new wound textures aswell tounge2.gif

Hate to disapoint you Honco but Ive had to drop the armour for the BG, havent had time to fix it up and Carl hasnt got time to texture it whistle.gif

Edit: Hows the UK conversion going? With BLEED and past+present UKF releases it shouldnt be far off, right?

Quote[/b] ]Then how did I end up with a beta version? tounge2.gif
Quote[/b] ]Munk and Oyman -

Soldiers step forward, to claim your reward, for being the first liberators of the version 1.1 and 1.2 of

Dynamic Afghanistan you entered the hall of fame, collect your reward in the first post of this thread :;):

and you are entiteld to a prerelease version of the coming update smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Munk for being the 1. Liberator of Dynamic Afghanistan Version 1.1,

you have been arwarded to lead Division 7 of the VDV

vdv_Divion_7.gif

Because you liberated version 1.1 of Dynamic Afghanistan wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hate to disapoint you Honco but Ive had to drop the armour for the BG, havent had time to fix it up and Carl hasnt got time to texture it whistle.gif

huh.gif poor me

I put the pbo of the campaign in my res/campaign folder then i start my game and goto it i get some error about campaign description.ext anyone know wtf is wrong here?