honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan

wheres my rabbit ?-

yes i guess i cant go without the Lynx, but i do have my concerns if it goes well with the afghan theme, i will search if i can find more british aivionic vehicles, but as far as i have seen in pictures the british seem to use the Chinook (in dark green colour) for insertions on any terrain, seems like the aircraft arent repainted for conflicts, but stay with the default colour

1in1class-

yes the CO is the first address before and after a mission (before to get the mission assigned and after to get the mission end confirmed)

thank you thorgal for clearing it up

LSR conversion is in the works/done and future plans include Remos AfghanEveron and BlackBloods BLEED troop pack, meaning that a UK themed mission is planned too, and i did have a first look at the Tonal map and did a first raw conversion (using DA:Delta Force Addon Heavy), Tonal really is a great map, but it could use an update on some buildings (had a look at the military/civilian airport, it would go much better with mapfact addons, as the military camps could make use of the great barracken addon), the terrain and nature is one of a kind and i dont see any needed changes there, so tonal is kind of on a hold, i wold love to see a african themed map (central africa) for some CIA/mercenary missions

yes i guess i cant go without the Lynx, but i do have my concerns if it goes well with the afghan theme, i will search if i can find more british aivionic vehicles, but as far as i have seen in pictures the british seem to use the Chinook (in dark green colour) for insertions on any terrain, seems like the aircraft arent repainted for conflicts, but stay with the default colour

It will probably depend on which unit you deploy. I believe the Para's use it (as its used by the AAC), the SAS would probably use whatevers over there at the time of thier deployment and the Royal Marines would probably use something along the lines of a Seaking/Chinook. As far as I know the Navy dont have an Lynxs.

This is all going from whats in my mind, havent checked up on it yet. I can ask an advisor over at RAAB if you want?

Quote[/b] ]I believe the Para's use it (as its used by the AAC)

as i will be using the Blackblood BLEED pack i will go for PARAs, paratroopers are my favorite units from any country, so a Lynx the may have, my concern is merely the camoflage, which doesnt fit the region at all

Quote[/b] ] the SAS would probably use whatevers over there at the time of thier deployment

biggrin_o.gif Great Attitude, if the Bleed pack has any SAS included i will use them in the same mission

Quote[/b] ]I can ask an advisor over at RAAB if you want?

that would be very nice of you, because i would like to use "realistic" unit compositions smile_o.gif

Bleed 1.0 does include Para's and SAS and I believe Blackblood mentioned he'd done some Marines.

I'll one now, he seems to have buggered off though so it might take a while to get an answer.

Edit: Marines...

CHECKINGOUT250.jpg

i will go for these units, i guess they are paras or some kind of commando units, deployed in afghanistan

45_Commando_c.jpg

but they look like the marines above, i guess the UK Forces tends to dress very alike, so i can use the units as whatever i wish, even better smile_o.gif

Well, I was way off...

Quote[/b] ]the paras dont use the lynx as such, the aac do biggrin_o.gif one off occasions will probably necessitate the use of a lynx but mostly air transport would be by chinook.

the marines would probably use the lynx more for general transport as the have there own and dont depend on the aac.

that is confirmed by the pictures i collected from british units, most of the time the Chinook is used for insertion/transport needs, hardly ever saw a Lynx

but could you explain aac? i am not familiar with the term/troops

Army Air Corps

You'd probably be better off using the BIS Chinook, there's an RAF version about but its shite and not worth the extra download.

that would be too bad, since there are alot of insertions i would love to have a very good helicopter for that, what about the BAS Special Ops Chinook, would that work or would it be rather missplaced?

in the end i will have to make my own first retexture to get a nice insertion bird, unless i find a well made UK Forces Chinook

EDIT: and thanks for clearing AAC=Army Air Corps up smile_o.gif

Thought there were scripting issues with fixed wing aircraft? Might be a different mission. I think using that would require use of a decent steerable parachute though, to stop the old problem of floating into the middle of the objective wink_o.gif

Thought there were scripting issues with fixed wing aircraft? Might be a different mission. I think using that would require use of a decent steerable parachute though, to stop the old problem of floating into the middle of the objective wink_o.gif

Sanctuary thought of a solution to let a plane liftoff on any airport on any island for fixed wings, so that wont be a problem wink_o.gif

the idea of steerable parachutes is very good, and i will use it once i use fixed wing airplanes for paradrops, because of the higher hight of the drop

i read that they use the steerable chutes quite well, they use it like a vehicle, but i will test it before i use them, else they will be spread out all over the island tounge_o.gif

any progress on the new terrorists?

btw i know this is totally off subject but this banana is the shit yay.gif

Again... I'll either have to ask Rabbit what the status is or he'll come post it here. Hopefully you'll know whether or not to bother reverting to the old version today.

The final result will be much better than what I planned to release anyway. Rabbits a far better modeller than me, shame he cant write a config for shit tounge2.gif

i really dont want to change back to the version 1.1 of the GMER, since i am very pleased by the civilians of the 1.2 alpha, they fit the mission so well that i cant imagine the mission without them wink_o.gif

i know that the waiting will be wortht the while, and i can use the time to start other conversions, untill the GMER 1.2 are done (i can start on the BLEED version once BlackBlood releases them, and i am very interested in a Dynamic Tonal version, using the BAS Troops and maybe Extractions CIA Units)

I may do as you suggested and release GMER 1.2 RC (although it will probably be an updated version of the one you have, that stuff was probably all updated the day after you got it). The only thing is it wont do what Rabbits been working on any justice.

you should consult with Where-is-my-rabbit? to see how far he is with the units, no need for any rush when the GMER 1.2 are close to being done smile_o.gif

but if he thinks that it will take longer than a couple of weeks it would be nice to release the GMER 1.2 Alpha/GMER 1.2 RC as a teaser pack untill the "real-deal" is released wink_o.gif

Take your time guys. As long as it's released before OFP2 comes out it will be worth it biggrin_o.gif

Hey Honchoblack,

If you're looking for a chopper suitable for a British Dynamic Afghanistan, check this thread. It has a desert version of the Eurocopter Puma, which would obviously suit the desert of CAT Afghanistan. smile_o.gif

Thank you, i didnt know that one, perfect for the air insertion, and i am not stuck anymore with the BIS CH-47D

THX m8 smile_o.gif

Hermano rewrote the scripts of Dynamic Afghansitan 1.2b to make it multiplayer compatible,

its now possible to fight with 6 teammates in the struggle to liberate Afghanistan

to find out more about it and to download the MP variant of Dynamic Afghansitan 1.2b (DAMP) consult this thread:

DAMP - Dynamic Afghanistan Multiplayer Campaign

Hey I downloaded dynamic afghanistan, loved it. But now for some reason when I go to start the mission up again it loads, but gets stuck at the get ready screen with the date and time. I've tried reinstalling flashpoint completly, and its still doing this. Any help?