honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan

I dont actually have any/all of the finished models so you'd be wasting your time, unless you want the config rock.gif

I cant say when it'll be finished, its out of my hands right now. I can of course sell you vital information like Rabbits address, passwords and his local chippy where he seems to spend most of his life tounge_o.gif

since you have the config could you tell me what has changed since the alpha of the GMER 1.2 that you send me a while ago smile_o.gif

and yes, once we dont hear from whereismyrabbit? for more than a week it would be usefull to know his local chippy, to send a motivational-squad biggrin_o.gif

Right...

Added:

5 Rebel models (total 14)

6+ Civie modles (im sure theres more but Ive only got 6 down in the config)

4+ Bonus models (A few things rabbits done)

Models fixed up a bit more

Old 'groups' reworked and new groups added

Weapon loadouts edited

General config shite

Stuff to do (as far as I know):

Redo selections on certain models

Send to Munk

Updated config

Clean out unneeded crap (unused textures etc.)

Compress to .pbo

Update readme

password .rar it all up

send to beta testers

fix bugs

update readme again

repeat a few times

.rar it up, upload it and finally

release the fooker

Still alot left to do but its all easy stuff (except the selections).

Rabbits pretty much redone all my half assed crappy work which is a good thing  wink_o.gif

GOOD NEWS! smile_o.gif

specially since you added new units, will add even more variety once i add them to the missions, glad to hear too that the remaining work is not that hard/much anymore, i am eagerly awaiting the first test run

i hope the rebel leader still carries the S&W as a sidearm, just love it once he uses it, dont know how often i fell for that weapon in the test runs, that sneaky B...... always seems to be waiting for me (almost feels like "WestWorld" tounge_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]4+ Bonus models (A few things rabbits done)

cool, could yall elaborate?
Quote[/b] ]send to beta testers
i think i know someone who can help you at there..... wink_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]fix bugs
good  biggrin_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]repeat a few times
bad mad_o.gif  but in a good way biggrin_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]release the fooker

my favorite part biggrin_o.gif

from honcho

Quote[/b] ]and yes, once we dont hear from whereismyrabbit? for more than a week it would be usefull to know his local chippy, to send a motivational-squad

i like the way you think wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]4+ Bonus models (A few things rabbits done)

cool, could yall elaborate?

That would spoil the horrible, horrible surprise.

Just waiting for Carl to come and point out all the stuff he's got left to do that Ive forgotten about, Ive been demoted to config boy sad_o.gif

Does anyone know why my missions are down to only having 1 enemy group? Any type of mission, there's only 6 rebels and 1 tank.

right i've pretty much got them working ok apart from 1 or 2 errors(for want of a better word)when they are in certain stances.

i will send munk a model later today so he can see first hand wot needs to be done and maybe he will have an idea of how to fix these aswell cos ive redone/remodelled bits so many times i cant see the wood for the trees tounge_o.gif and its doing my head in cos i'm learning o2 as i go , if i had my way i'd be starting the whole thing again in 3ds max tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Does anyone know why my missions are down to only having 1 enemy group? Any type of mission, there's only 6 rebels and 1 tank.

err your doing well and support for the terrorists is low ?

[your addons are all there, should be able to see the unarmed civilians]

I downloaded Dynamic Afghanistan 1.1 and in that mission the civilians work correctly, in 1.2b they don't. In addition to required addons I only run Kegetys' editorupdate and hi-res sky and OFP is version 1.96 GOTY. I tried re-downloading the rebels and v1.2b but it didn't solve the problem.

deathsai -

this is very interesting, may i ask if this happens later in the mission, because i suspect that once a OPFOR gets shot that he is taken out of the array of his (terrorist) group, thus cant be deleted once the whole group is deleted, can you confirm that body where left lying on the battlefield after a rest at base?

if this should be the problem i would have to spawn any enemy with his proper name, and at "cleanup" i would have to delete units by name rather then whole groups wink_o.gif

wheres my rabbit ? -

Quote[/b] ]i will send munk a model later today so he can see first hand wot needs to be done and maybe he will have an idea of how to fix these aswell cos ive redone/remodelled bits so many times i cant see the wood for the trees tounge_o.gif and its doing my head in cos i'm learning o2 as i go , if i had my way i'd be starting the whole thing again in 3ds max tounge_o.gif

i just know what you mean, doing the same thing over and over again leads to the same dead ends for me (often to the worse than to the good tounge_o.gif ), most of the time i let my works rest then or try to get other opinions, about starting the whole thing over again in 3ds max would be very nice and greatly appreciated, but it would be more than nice to release this version first, and think about a complete rework once this is done (pretty please with cherry ontop) tounge_o.gif

Metal Heart -

your problem seems very strange indeed, specially since it hasnt been reported before, and i couldnt reconstruct the problem with the 1.2b version i have here, i looked at the spawning scripts and everything is as supposed, i will look at the mission again and try to figure out what could be the reason for your "hiding" civilians wink_o.gif

deathsai -

this is very interesting, may i ask if this happens later in the mission, because i suspect that once a OPFOR gets shot that he is taken out of the array of his (terrorist) group, thus cant be deleted once the whole group is deleted, can you confirm that body where left lying on the battlefield after a rest at base?

if this should be the problem i would have to spawn any enemy with his proper name, and at "cleanup" i would have to delete units by name rather then whole groups wink_o.gif

It's only after around 6 missions. Support for the terrorists is moderate. And I've done missions in the same place a few times after this was happening, and before, and there are no bodies from older missions left behind after resting.

By any chances, have you used a 4X acceleration time ?

We noticed in some early works that if the player is using a 4x acceleration time it can quickly break some scripts, and prevent some spawning or just make the insertion chopper to be stuck and refusing to follow its waypoints.

That is very annoying even for us (as we don't really appreciate to see that the hours we spent in optimisation can be wasted by something so simple as the time acceleration), but we have tried to work to find some solution to keep the scripts running despite all the attempts of the user to break them wink_o.gif

So i think the problem you have now should not exist in the upcoming update of Honchoblack Dynamic Afghan .

It can happen too when you save the game without using the Save option in the base, as if you use the OFP built in Save feature, if you do in in the middle of a script, you break it unfortunately.

The Save feature in the base is supposed to not happen when a script is running, lowering a very lot the chance to break a script.

Hi,

This sounds and looks fantastic. I'd like to report a couple of bugs that you may no be aware of and make a couple of minor suggestions.

Bug 1:

I accidently chose INSERTION as my transport means, but then decided to use armor instead. Everything was fine until I clicked the map to set a waypoint for my convoy. The insertion chopper took off and my guys started to drive. But, when the chopper reached the drop zone everyone got ejected from fast moving vehicles, killing or injuring them.

Suggested fix 1:

Check to see if player is onboard the chopper before running the INSERTION script. ie Player must board chopper then choose destination. This would dispense with the loading black out and prevent the script running otherwise.

Bug 2:

Another ground vehicle error. I returned from a succesful mission having used some armor and a repair truck. As I'd got ahead of the rest of my team I went and reported while they were still on route. The team were rearmed etc and everythng looked fine. A little later I noticed some of the vehicles still had men on board and these were in a zombie state. This makes the vehicles unavailble for future missions.

Suggested fix 2:

Issue a get out command for the team before rearming/replacing. I don't think this will cause a problem if they are not in a vehicle.

Bug 3:

PARA DROP injuries and deaths. Too many men die or get injured when they crash into each other on exiting the chopper.

Suggested fix 3:

Put a ~1 or something into the eject script to spread them out. This would work for insertion too where a pile of men results.

Bug 4:

Onmapsingleclick hangovers. I noticed after I'd forgotten to set a waypoint for CAS in one mission, it then happened on the next mission after I set a waypoint for my men.

Suggested 4:

Delete the onmapsingleclick at the end of a mission.

Apart from these minor issues I've enjoyed playing these missions a great deal and look forward to the 1.3 version very much. Any news on the Rebel pack?

Hi Squelch

thank you for your feedback smile_o.gif

the GMER 1.2 are still in the works, it will take a little longer than expected though, so i am thinking of reverting back to the GMER 1.1 till the updated comes out

i had the update done for quite a while, and most of the issues you addressed are dealt with, but i still kept working the mission trying new things, and i dont know if i did some stuff to the worse rather to the good, that is why i am thinking of reverting back to the older version of the GMER to get some feedback on the new stuff and on the changes i made

concerning the things you discovered:

1)

yes i should check is player team is onboard, else skip the kick out of the helicopter, since the player team will be kicked out of any vehicle they are driving

2)

the suggested fix could lead to the same you described above, if the team is en route and driving they will get harmed, but i can change it that the team only gets rearmed once its within the base parameters, in the next version you can rearm infield, i will need feedback if that causes trouble

3)

paradrop is been reworked, i use a slightly slower jump sequence ~0.7, but with the helicopter gaining in height

4)

good idea, never thought of the open loop if the player doesnt click the map at all after choosing a radio code function wink_o.gif

thank you for the feedback once more, i hope i can release the next update soon, some more things are changed and new stuff added

you know if this would have been like 2 or 3 weeks ago i think i would of said to wait for gmer 1.2......but sence its been like FREAKIN FOREVER! i hate to say it but you should release like version 1.3 with gmer 1.1 as a beta like dynamic afganistan v. 1.2.5 or so.

but my view doesent realy count for anything so you do what you want hanchoblack.

later

Rabbits fixed all he can, just needs to apply it to the rest of the models. We'll shorted the beta testing period to a 2-4 days and if nothings found it'll get released wink_o.gif Ive got OFPCentral back up so hosting isnt a problem anymore either.

If bugs are found, revert to 1.1 and do the 1.25 beta...

thank you for the update Munk smile_o.gif

i prefer the version like it is know with the new civilians, i cant get myself to delete them out of the mission, so i will wait for the release of the GMER 1.2 (which seems closer then ever tounge_o.gif )

I'm still holding my breath for the new version. Good work guys biggrin_o.gif

Now BBs dessie grunts look like they're almost done, how about a UK conversion? wink_o.gif

future conversion plans include the BB BLEED pack in combination with these vehicles

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8060

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6554

and some more selected british stuff for the air insertion smile_o.gif

other conversion plans include the ExtracTioN CIA units in the works wink_o.gif

future conversion plans include the BB BLEED pack in combination with these vehicles

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8060

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6554

and some more selected british stuff for the air insertion smile_o.gif

other conversion plans include the ExtracTioN CIA units in the works wink_o.gif

raaah that will be great dont forget the lynx

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7528

iv been playing this mission and i cant find the enamy flew all over the place where are they rock.gif or did i do something here havent shot any thing yet sad_o.gif

hihi I think You should ask your CO for the assign first then fly over the island smile_o.gif

T.

lol ya i ? thats what the readme is for lol suspect.gif iv got it now thx lol. man this is some good stuff keep up the missons like this wow this is awsome u guys are on to something here love this biggrin_o.gif cant wait till u guys make some more missons like this wow there is so much u can make LSR,UKF missons maps tonal island dak sung and on and on some much u guys can do with missions like this keep it up unclesam.gif