honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan

no, a multiplayer variant is in the works by Tacrod, check the lower thread of my sig for updates on it wink_o.gif

These are very popular addons that most of OFP freaks has. tounge_o.gif

i just further updated the VDV version of Dynamic Afghanistan, and i must say that i really like those VDV units, and with scars exceptional Hind coming up, i decided to keep updating this original Dynamic Afghanistan version, will keep them (this and "Dynamic Afghanistan - Delta Force") updated parallel to each other smile_o.gif

Good to hear. I like both versions smile_o.gif

Is the updated version of VDV Dynamic Afghan released? if yes gimme a link plz

can wait for delta version!!!

Dynamic missions are very fun to play, nice work honchoblack!

Both versions are done, "Dynamic Afghanistan 1.3" and "Dynamic Afghanistan - DELTA FORCE", unfortunatly (but not really since the GMER 1.2 units are a great addition) the release depend on the release of the unreleased Generic Middle East Rebels 1.2 by Munk-whereismyrabbit-jjr, since i implemented them allready (the new civilians are a great addition i dont want to miss anymore) wink_o.gif

honchoblack, how about making a "tutorial" on where to replace vehicles and units with addon substitues?

This seems to me to be a good remedy for all the people requesting new addons to be improved. If you point them in the right directing (meaning: replace this in that script, etc, etc.), everybody could suit their needs by customizing the mission with the addons they have.

smile_o.gif

Sanctuary picked this noble task up, his version will be very well commented, leaving no questions open, my style of programming is too chaotic, to make for a good template, my script is like spaghetti code tounge_o.gif

by the way Ag_Smith, i implemented your sandstorms today, and i really love what i saw, this makes for some real good atmosphere, and the lag was not mentionable, since i bound it to a setfog command as you suggested smile_o.gif

first off sorry about the names being wrong - i suck at spelling and was tired yesterday = bad spelling (but i usually try and get names right and i swear that it wont happen again)

Secondly -

Quote[/b] ]the release depend on the release of the unreleased Generic Middle East Rebels 1.2

thats alot of releasing needing to be done wink_o.gif

and finally -

Quote[/b] ]my script is like spaghetti code tounge_o.gif
thats just too funny not to mention again biggrin_o.gif

btw......i like spaggetti (some one get me a dictionary please sad_o.gif )

later

Is there an editor version of the campaign also? I have some ideas i would like to test out.

Having checked the files I wonder. Have you prepared spawns for entire platoons as well? I remember the original dynamic mission had platoon spawns.

I'm currently editing a version for use with ProjectUK forces, Lynx, plus DKMM UK pack. Since ther are no desert units for UK yet I thought about using Freya since it's popular now. EDG resistance for resistance. Maybe use the Hercules for para drops.

Would this be too heavy to download?

marcus

I have a question about the civilian spawn script(spawn_city).

I was hit with the dreaded "3 elements expected...." error. Probably due to some variables being reset (the trigger position perhaps?). It seems to me like the civilian behaviour script does something. When i skip the init part they all spawn up.

As an example

"Civilian1" createunit [_sp,civi_1,"[this] exec {civs\civ.sqs}"]

(this sometimes gives the error)

"Civilian1" createunit [_sp,civi_1,""]

(this does not)

I have investigated the civ.sqs file and found nothing strange. Except for the warping part being commented out as default.

Well I also see that the group joining block never fires but that's logical since the goto command prevents it. I guess it has to do with max 12 units per group?

Any ideas?

marcus

my script is like spaghetti code  tounge_o.gif

I like spaghetti biggrin_o.gif

But seriously, its not that hard to look through the scripts and replace the addons and weapons that are used.

It took me only one day to convert it over to WW2 and change the island to the I44 Sicily island. I even managed to use a voice synth with a german accent for your CO.

I have a little more tweaking to do (extractions not working properly) and i will have a beta test version ready to go later today.

I did the following i exchanged the civ.sqs with the random patrol script from ofpec.com. Works very well for civilians too, they run around randomly and do stuff.

The scripts in this campaign are well organized and easy to edit/browse though. Best thing to come for OFP overall imho, better than most addons in fact.

My goal is to make a mechanized platoon as the center for everything (as opposed to airborne rangers). This might take some work I guess smile_o.gif.

marcus

A little update on the rebels...

The body armor was a pain in the ass to sort out so Ive ditched it and whipped up two possible new bodyguard models, just going to see what one Rabbit likes best then just slap the reject in as something else. I think Rabbits just got to sort out a one more thing on the civies and maybe retexture parts of my new models tounge_o.gif

With OFPCentral being down I cant post screens but I can say we're almost ready for an external beta session smile_o.gif

good news, thank you for the update smile_o.gif

about the body armor, maybe take a look at the config of the vdv, those boys have extreme high armor values, if you use those values for the bodyguards, they would make an excellent opponent wink_o.gif

Its the modelling side thats pissing me off but <s>Ive started over again and its going better this time</s> Ive remodelled it, it looks 10 times better, just needs config shite done. Im sure I can work the config part out easily, getting the current one working properly has pretty much got me fluent in the basics wink_o.gif

Edit: See above, almost there now biggrin_o.gif

CAS doesn't work in my game. I call it in, the chopper flies in and just hovers a little bit above the ground where I marked for CAS, even if there are obviously enemies around (It's definetly a bug). Is it because I'm using FlashFX?

And I'm frustrated because I could only complete 4 or 5 of the 10 missions I've been on. Also, the ambush missions are screwy-I positioned my squad on a hill near the location, but I had to run right on top of the objective to get the enemy to start spawning. It's not fun having 12 rebels spawn right on top of you. Took me 5 or 6 tries to manage to sneak up, trigger the spawn, and run back to my hill.

Also, I've found that my missions have gone down to nothing more than fighting a T-55 and 5 rebel infantry. That seems to be the only enemy units that are spawned on any mission after my 6th one.

If these quirks can get ironed out so that it will work with FlashFX mod, I'd love you. And don't get me wrong, this is probably my favorite mission in OFP.

By the way, could someone tell me the difference between Basic and Advanced modes?

And I'm frustrated because I could only complete 4 or 5 of the 10 missions I've been on.

You can't complete those 4/5 missions because you die or you can't complete them because of a possible script problem that forget to declare the mission completed ?

If it is the second reason, which missions are giving you a never ending trouble ?

hey can you limit artillery to 1 per mission, its too easy when its unlimited.

deathsai -

Yes the CAS in version 1.2 is not very effective unfortunatly, but i got it fixed for the next update, all missions are reworked also to end properly and the spawns are out of sight for the player, so you should be able to trigger the ambush/defend spawn and still have enough time to position yourself wink_o.gif

as for the spawning opfor, expect harder fights in the next update, the terrorists got strong resuplies puring into the country, every battle will be dynamic and completly random smile_o.gif

as for compatibility to FlashFX mod, it will be compatible, but since the mission uses eventhandlers as the mod does, there will be error messages, but the mission will still be playable wink_o.gif

the difference between basic and advanced mode is that there are more player action menu options for the player to use, the next update will have an overhauled action menu, with different menu wether you are in base or in field smile_o.gif

Sovietman -

Restrain yourself soldier, i know you soviets love arti, but you dont have to shoot up all your ammo on a single squad of opfor tounge_o.gif

in the next update you will have a harder time hitting your enemies, they will be more agile and on the move, so hitting them with arti on long distance is not easy, so i will leave it up to the player to use it at will, but i will restrain it to one barrage at a time wink_o.gif

Sounds great! I'm really pumped to try it! Thanks for your excellent work on this campaign honchoblack, Munk and everyone else that is contributing add-ons. biggrin_o.gif

i dont sappose that i could trouble munk and the guys for a, kids cover your ears, release date of the new rebels? any approximation would be much appreciated

hey fellas , im making a conversion of your afghan campaign from russians to us rangers, bas blackhawks + some rhs weapons for the rebels instead of icp weapons  smile_o.gif

my question is how does the rearm.sqs script work?

like what does the #svds parts do and so on?

yeah and why did my troops spawn with us weapons but russian magazines? tounge_o.gif even the handguns had ruskie magazines tounge_o.gif

And I'm frustrated because I could only complete 4 or 5 of the 10 missions I've been on.

You can't complete those 4/5 missions because you die or you can't complete them because of a possible script problem that forget to declare the mission completed ?

If it is the second reason, which missions are giving you a never ending trouble ?

Well, I've been on 2 raid missions, and neither of them worked. I could never find anyone who wasn't a regular soldier.

In a "rescue the downed pilot crew" mission yesterday, I moved to the downed chopper, and did 0-4 for a Medevac. Nothing happend, but the crew started moving around a little. I kept trying to radio for a medevac before I gave up and aborted.

And it's good to know that you are doing so much to this mission.

@ commando

you do know that honcho is making a lsr delta conversion with bas blackhawks and littlebirds right? rock.gif

the MedEvac option requires a click on the map after you did the radio call,

either use the radio call 0-4 and click on the desired location afterwards,

or use the radio you can use on the map, click the desired option and

click on the map afterwards

here an example for the radio on the map, from Dynamic Afghanistan 1.3

RadioSupportDYNAFG1.jpg

as for the raid mission, this is a bug in version 1.2b, i am sorry that i

cant release the next update, because i got the GMER 1.2 implemented,

which are not released yet, most bugs are squashed in that version and

hopefully not too many new ones produced smile_o.gif