honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan

GAZ NZ -

Combat Mission CMAK and CMBB how nice to hear, since the combat mission series is one of my 4 favorite games (the other being Close Combat Series, Delta Force Series and OFP tounge_o.gif )

so you are from New Zealand, a country i always longed to go, i bet a nice place to live wink_o.gif

your shooting sounds impressive, do you have lose weapon possesion laws, as in United States?

no sniper rifle allowed where i live wow_o.gif

i guess Enemy at the gates is not the true stuff, for history buffs, but since friends of mine worked on the move, i guess i am a little prejudice tounge_o.gif

the coop aspect of the dynamic mission priniple is in Tacrods hands, my partner along with Sanctuary in the Dynamic Mission Alliance, to get updates on Tacrods Coop Template and Santuarys Single Player Template check the lower thread in my sig (Dynamic Afghanistan has zero multiplayer capabilities, the last of them where taken out with the update 1.2b) wink_o.gif

keep your ideas and thoughts coming, since i want to make the mission as real as possible too, they are more than welcome wink_o.gif

but on the side note, RL work will take up most of my time in the next couple of weeks, so i wont be able to post as often as i used to sad_o.gif , but once i got my work done, i will comit myself again totally to Dynamic Afghanistan tounge_o.gif

Winters -

It would be very nice, if you could host the pictures i posted as an introduction on the pub, since the free Picture Host i have only allows 2gb bandwith per month, they were gone at the 13. of the month, to give you an idea of the traffic smile_o.gif

If you ever want a game of CMBB or CMAK let me know Honcho.

Im unsure what you mean weapon possession laws?

You need a license here for a rifle - its called A CLass.

A class is Rifles, bolt rifles, shotguns non military style rifles.

mag capacity cannot be over 7 rounds, no mil pistol grip, bayonets etc

E class is Military style - large 30 round mags AR15s etc -

D class i think it is called is for Pistols

C is for Collectors

My rifle is made up of basically Military parts which are cilivian match grade parts - most civilians get the same bits alot of mil guys get - i dont have a flash supressor etc which you cant have on a rifle like mine.

I shoot single shot - Magazine loaded weapos lose accuracy from that one aspect

Rifles like mine are not common here. It cost me 6.5K NZ which is id roughly say 3-4 thousand US for a rifle.

Mcmillian stock, free floating heavy match grade barrel etc - total sniper specs,leuopold long range M1 scope etc

All good stuff

They are custom made and there are only 60-70 F class shooters all up in NZ.

Military and cops might have some nice rifles though.

You cannot carry firearms on you for self defense on the street.

if an intruder comes into your home reasonable force law applies.

Ie if he comes in and id subdue him i cannot kill him or beat him to bad

if i point a gun at him and say stop if he runs i cant shoot him - hed really have to attack me with a knife or something to shoot

i wont get into that

our laws and police are currently all screwed up - well see what happens there

its crazy

but yeah thats whats the laws are like

hunting laws are good - better than the US

Whats ya ETA BTW on the final Afgan release?

Winters -

It would be very nice, if you could host the pictures i posted as an introduction on the pub, since the free Picture Host i have only allows 2gb bandwith per month, they were gone at the 13. of the month, to give you an idea of the traffic  smile_o.gif

Ok, i will post them tonight and PM you the links for them.

smile_o.gif Thank you Winters, very nice of you, but take your time, i am short at time at the moment to change the links, but once i have them i will use them of course wink_o.gif

Courahee!!

Hey, if i can help out the community i am always ready. Besides if it promotes a really good mission i am more than ready to help out.

Winters -

Good Attitude, thanks mate wink_o.gif

Gaz NZ -

sorry, i didnt see your post, the work that takes most of my time in RL seems to take its due, so ETA of the next update is shortly after the Release of the GMER 1.2 which should be roughly in two weeks, but not the final version yet, more or less a neverending project wink_o.gif

offtopic:

your gun possesion laws dont seem to be so different at all, once a permit is granted the people keep the arms at home too, but no shooting allowed either, only in the case of self defense. No automatic rifles are allowed, seems to be similar to the 7 round mag rule in NZ, guns always facinated me too, but never had the urge to posses one, specially at the price, i could think of 100 other good uses for the money tounge_o.gif

to bad i dont live next door to you, because i would really love to give that gun of yours a good long try wow_o.gif

If you ever come to NZ Honcho - give me a bell.

ill take you to a local range.

BTW i was playing with Cats Afgan Special Edition.

Is the map u made compatible?

Was going to say you could add sandstorms to make visability hard hehe

Honcho,

Before i upload the images to my ftp you should check out Walagata its a free image hosting service. I have used them and still use them when i cant be bothered to upload to my ftp. There are no annoying popups to deal with as well.

Was going to say you could add sandstorms to make visability hard hehe

Just keep in mind sandstorms will introduce some lag...

Thats right AG Smith - but i have a good system

even so for those without too maps could be hosted one with maxium effects and one with low effects

or i guess we could tweak the maps ourselves - as long as the new Afgan islands are used its all good

i really like those sandstorms too, been trying them in the mission, and i really like the illusion smile_o.gif

maybe i should release two version of the mission, one with high effects and one without (to be played with a mod), or even better a option dialog, to pick the wanted effects, but since i never done something like that it would take some time to add, so not to be expected in the next update

what i might add though are the sandstorms integrated with the weather change, but the possibility will be very low, and the storm can be ended with the next rest

Sounds good to me. smile_o.gif

Tip: try the storm together when it's about to get dark (eg. at sunset), with fog set to simulate ~50 meters visibility and in bad weather. You're closing to a village and you know there is OPFOR somewhere out there. Then all of a sudden, shooting begins. But you can't see anybody... things get scary really quick... ghostface.gif

Sounds real good, AG_Smith, i shall take those values and use them as fixed values, when a sandstorm occurs, should be great for atmosphere smile_o.gif

Winters -

thank you for the tip, the picture host is quite good, i will split my pictures between the two hosts, that should be covering the month

Been playing Dynamic Afghanistan is my spare time the last few nights. It's excellent! Thank you biggrin_o.gif

One mission that I played, a night raid in a mountain pass was very exciting. I think the best mission in all my time with OFP. biggrin_o.gif

The way you have designed the campaign is great. Offers much replayability and atmosphere.

Only ran into 1 bug in 4 missions played. Ordered a para drop and the helo just froze in mid-air above the base. I ordered him to move again but he woulden't budge. Had to quit the mission, came back, ordered the para again and it worked that time.

Awesome, awesome campaign...looking forward to maybe more types of missions (if that's realistic), some random encounters...like a roadside ambush etc...towns being a little more "alive".

I love this dynamic concept. I can just load up one mission and have fun for hours each night biggrin_o.gif Thanks again all who made this possible.

Ahem, sorry guys, I've read most of this thread but I'm having a hard time finding out what the latest version is and where the best place to download it is.  Could someone bring me up to speed?  'Preciate it.

EDIT:  Oh.   biggrin_o.gif  First post.  Got it.  wink_o.gif

wolfh2o -

glad you like the mission that much, really appreaciate your kind words smile_o.gif

more missions are pending, got many ideas to further enhance the misison, and add more variety.

if you like the mission principle, there are two more in the works, my partners in the Dynamic Mission Alliance are working on single and multi-player templates for the dynamic mission principle, check the lower threadlink in my signature to find out more wink_o.gif

Ltulrich -

jupp first post, the version is 1.2b wink_o.gif

if you still dont have the toyota hilux tonight i will up it to a free file host for you smile_o.gif

I've got them all, thanks. I'm having a blast so far. Since the required addons are a bit scattered and there is a bit of redundancy in the packs specified for download, I'd be happy to compile the proper pbo's with thier respective readme files, if we have author permission. I can host it on my FTP but it's slow. Anyone else want to host it? I'll edit with a size estimate later.

I was deep in the mountains and a long way from base with no transportation and the extract chopper was shot down...at that point I was wondering how am I going to get back besides walking all the way which would take atleast an hour.

Maybe the towns could have a few scattered cars to commandeer in such an event?

Also on patrol missions, what are the parameters for completing a patrol as far as searching the area goes? Sometimes in heavily mountainous terrain it can take a long time to walk the patrol area on foot and as you know the AI is really bad at going down/up large mountains wink_o.gif

in my experiences with the patrols all you have to do is go to the center of the patrol area and you complete the mission.

Roger that Chaz, I'm pretty sure you're right.  Don't know if you even have to kill the guys, if there are any.

I had a nighttime S&D in Taloqan that wouldn't end.  It was very intense fight with two T55s, a truck, and bunches of terrorists, but eventually I was able to clear every building and hilltop in the area.  Still the mission would not end.  Thought I'd letcha know.

I've compiled the mission and all the required addons into a handy install archive, complete with mod folder and shortcut.  Unfortunately, I don't have the best upload speed so you will need to be patient.  I would like to encourage people to mirror it.

In regards to the addon credits and author permission, I included all the mission's readme files, and that includes credits for all the addons, and d/l locations for their original packs.  The reason I compiled it is because some of the dowloads are redundant and there are some version issues that must be solved by the end user, if I recall correctly.  The filesize is about 61 MB, and here is the dowload link, for those who can use it:

ftp://24.21.233.169/Public/Hosted/DynAfg12b.rar

that reminds me....why is it that the Taliban Luteniet guys dont have any body guards around them? its like they dont like them wow_o.gif OR IS IT THAT THEY PLANTED THE LUTENIETS TO GIVE FALSE INFO TO ME! THE BASTARDS!!!!! mad_o.gif

they make me 1

mad_o.gif mo fo

biggrin_o.gif

later

wolfh2o being new here it would be common sense to read the forum rules, each of the images you hotlinked above was well in excess of the 100kb maximum.

I'm a member of about 50+ different forums, this is the first one I've seen with a 100kb image rule. Goes to show that just because you know many forums doesen't mean you know them all. tounge_o.gif

Now I know, thanks wink_o.gif