honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan

Combat-Agent -

sounds good combat agent, would love to see your port to nogova smile_o.gif

about the problem you have with the single klick option, that messes up the the command engine, ask

Sanctuary if he can send you his DynaWar0854 alpha. He uses action menus to call in support or transport,

you could use this system, to free the radiocodes for the command engine wink_o.gif

it is more or less in the right thread, there is also one for all dynamic missions, you can find here

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=45597

Greets Honcho smile_o.gif

Combat-Agent -

I can send the latest alpha work on my template to anyone willing to create a conversion.

But unlike TacRod and Honchoblack released versions, my alpha template is not finished , and if i send it to you, you will have to complete it yourself , but most functionnalities are working.

I am always working on it and will not be able to help you to make your own conversion until i complete my work on the templates.

One more thing - the rebel leader does wear a mask, as far as I can tell. I'm using JJR Rebels 1.1. He's the guy with the desert camo coat and the dishdash.

All models in 1.1 have the shemagh on, 1.2 will bring you a nice new target to take out though.

New Models (civies still need new leg textures)

Munk -

WOW wow_o.gif very nice indeed, great work, i love it smile_o.gif

cant wait to see them ingame xmas_o.gif

greets Honcho

@Munk: Very nice. Could make for really cool covert sniper missions.

By the way, has anyone has finished this campaign yet?

v1.0 - 4 days 4 hours

v1.1 - 2 seconds then an updated version of the rebels nuked it tounge_o.gif

@Munk: Very nice. Could make for really cool covert sniper missions.

By the way, has anyone has finished this campaign yet?

Yes Munk they are looking very good.

@Tacrod - I keep getting stuck on the rescue mission. (V1.2)

@Honcho - I can get the pilots away safely and then i can get in the extraction helo but when i RTB and try to get a new mission it says i havent finished the current one. I even tried updating the status with no luck either. (V1.2)

hi winters -

the version 1.2 i send you was a working version, i guess it was buggy as hell, so better play the 1.1 version, untill the real version 1.2 comes out wink_o.gif

since the version i am working on is in constant change, it will be hard to hunt the bug down, but i will look into the heli mission if there is any potential threat that the mission cant finish, i always had a mission complete, once the mission heli picked up the pilots

try to abort mission, and rest afterwards, it should reset the game to default, and you should be able to continue playing

greets Honcho

just noticed the middle east civilian from Munks.

They look really awesome icon14.gif

Another idea for the leader when/if I get 1.2 released:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setface "jjr_afgan10"

wink_o.gif

Might aswell keep the people who actually use the addon in the loop wink_o.gif

no topic hijacker in my eyes, i like it to be kept informed, since i will use them all wow_o.gif ...... tounge_o.gif

greets Honcho

Just popping in here to say well done with this whole idea of ONE MISSION CAMPAIGN , been playing it the whole night biggrin_o.gif . Still on mission 3 and the people still hate me and support the terrorist (i wonder what i did to make them so mad , ok ok maybe that going in a FFAR frenzy over the village in a hind wasnt a neat idea blues.gif ).

Looking forward to more additions on this.

The mission might lack voices/music/cutscenes but it does make up for it in gameplay value. However what about adding voices eh? Cant hurt can it wink_o.gif .

Custcenes are planned to appear during certain events in our works, Honchoblack's Afghanistan mission will then benefit from them.

Background music will be let to the judgement of the mission maker, it will not be a part of our dynamic projects running actually in the backgrounds, so Honchoblack only decision there smile_o.gif .

Voices are a very good idea, thanks for this suggestion, we will see what we can do about it , as it should add more immersion to any missions.

Good things will come to the patient one.

Just a bug I had before.

I called for an insertion and selected a location. We got loaded into the helo and it moved into the air flew a few meters then stopped. So I got bored after about 5 minutes and ordered all my men to bail out. Then it flew away.

Then a bit later I took a mi17 and flew my crew to the insertion point where I saw the other mi17. I kept flying and then all of a sudden it said "Good Luck boys!" and it threw me out of the helicopter with my whole team and we all died.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Ok i have to report a similiar bugger-up as Jakerod.

PLus i can not understand how to use the insertion call? Maybe i am dumb but explaining a little step by step would be nice as it has me frustrated a lot. Last night i tried pressing insertion on the radio again and again nothing happened. Then i popped my number 2 in the pilots seat of a hind got my folks in the back while i was gunner and told him to move to the AO when suddenly the whole insertion thing started happening crazy_o.gif , a new chopper was there and it went alongaside us (Wtf for? i was in myown helo flown by my ggroups guy) and then number 2 suddenly threw us out of the helo and we landed all injured on the ground while that other phanton helo came and went about as i dropping someone and went off rock.gif .

Explanations?

Press once inserion on radio and then klick on some place on the map where you want to be inserted. After a few seconds there should be black screen with info about insertion preparing and you should be teleported to heli, then heli brings you to the spot where you clicked on the map. Simple.

@ JakeRod and AceCombat -

You reported a nasty bug i know about, the problem occurs, once you try to be inserted, where the insertion helicopter cant land, he gets stuck and wont move, this was the reason i implemented the possiblity of the "Course Correction"

Click once on the Radiobutton for insertion (or Para, if the para insertion heli gets stuck) and then one click on the map, where you want to land (as Firefly_PL pointed out)

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan56.jpg

all functions in the radio need the same procedure, except the extraction call, it is bound to the player location

hope this helps, and a hope i squashed that bug, in the next version, well at least i didnt have any more hangups during testing tounge_o.gif

greets Honcho

Is it possible to add some attack heli as a cover for insertion and extraction? Maybe on demand (limited number of times?) if player wants it?

FireflyPL -

the CAS function is a attack heli, that can be send in advance, the problem is, that the rebels are equiped with strong AA capabilities, so any CAS that gets send in advance, withouth the support of ground troops will be shot down fast, but once the area is cleared of any AA capabilities you can call the bird in safely

the CAS can be redirected inflight, click the radio once, and define a new target area in the map with one click

Thanks Firefly (i am such an ass for not figuring THAT out myself ).

Btw i am now having night time missions , didnt knew that time changes so suddenly? I came back from a mission in morn and when i was leaving for the other suddenly it was dark.

Btw why dont the AI use those technicals or toyota trucks to ambush us? It feel wierd that they fight on foot when there is a perfectly OK truck standing next to them rock.gif . I wish they'd run and gun with it , then i can take them down by shooting at the engine biggrin_o.gif .

Called in CAS, hind comes flying over, circles about a bit, then popssmoke and says "There they are" and flies off.

Isn't CAS supposed to be the ATTACK aircraft actually ATTACKING stuff?

In my opinion I don't think they should pop the smoke. 9/10 times they will pop the smoke then fly away and get hit by 20 stingers. The only time I ever use the CAS is when there is a large amount of guys which normally has atleast 5 stingers with it. Generally I can't take out the stingers due to the enemy having too much cover or something. But I don't know maybe I just need to change my planning a bit. Just for the record this is the first mission ive downloaded in a long time and its awesome.

Another suggestion maybe just have random Guerilla patrols around sometimes or cars driving around so that I will stop using 4x speed all the time. smile_o.gif

Why dont they ever miss with the stinger is what bothers me , when i fly i do sometimes avoid them but the AI pilot os hopeless. Plus counter measures ont work aswell? I got ECP and it has them for helos but they never help out. Most of the time i get a rotor failure and my heli goes down spinning and i bail out upon hitting the ground.

I just called CAS from a HIND and it got OWNED by a whole volley of 2-3 stingers crazy_o.gif , those damn afghani's.