honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan

FANTASMO mission, got me playing OFP again after many months of playing new flashy games smile_o.gif

ive missed something somewhere, how do i reinforce my squad? ive taken some casualties.

bagels dynamic veitnam is my favourite mission ever, if this was able to carry some of those "hearts and minds" elements it would be take the cake smile_o.gif

keep up the good work please!

New version is much funnier, S&D missions are the best imho. But i cant complete RAID missions where you have to kill rebel leader. I can wipe out all the rebels but cant find the leader and mission never ends. I thougt leader escapes so used stealth tactics but still no success. sad_o.gif

Sinister[tnuC] -

hi there, glad you liked the mission, and that it got you back to playing flashpoint smile_o.gif

as i mentioned in the readme, the conflict is to be fought by the one squad, so its your

responsibility to keep them alive wink_o.gif but since i enlarged the conflict duration for the

next update, i guess its time to think about reinforcements too biggrin_o.gif

so i guess you can expect them in the next, or maybe following update wink_o.gif

i havent played your favorite mission till now, i guess i have to try it, since i am hearing

more and more from it, i dont know how it could slip by me wow_o.gif

void_false -

those leaders tend to be slippery b....... i experienced how one was running away from

the hotzone, leaving his men behind tounge_o.gif , expect a new leader model, once munk got

the work on the up-up-updated rebels done, to better make out the target, and to be

able to move in alone on a snipe mission

greets Honcho

smile_o.gif

Some requests:

1. Reinforcement infantry squads (helo, foot or paradropped)

2. Reinforcement mech infantry squads (with BMPs, BTRs or BMDs)

3. Reinforcement tank platoons (with RHS T-55/64s, or T72s)

4. Artillery! We're Soviets... we like artillery. wink_o.gif

Thats about it for now. smile_o.gif

Hellfish6 -

rumors go that moscow has decided to move in heavy artillery as we speak, 4 big callibre guns

are approved, able to reach any target destination of the VDV operation area, armed with

high explosive rounds and flare fire missions wink_o.gif

thanks to another great addition by TacRod to the CoIn system smile_o.gif

greets Honcho

Edit: concerning the other points, well they are on my personal wish/to do list, but they might take a little longer wink_o.gif

this is the best single player mission ive played smile_o.gif thnx

no island release shud be without one of these style missions

and a coop version would be too good

Quote[/b] ]We're Soviets

Russians... Just russians wink_o.gif

Wasn't it the Soviets in Afghanistan? wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]We're Soviets

Russians... Just russians  wink_o.gif

Wasn't it the Soviets in Afghanistan?  wink_o.gif

I believe this is set after that war...

wheres my rabbit ? -

glad you like it that much smile_o.gif

now that the dynamics are brought closer to the community i think you can expect different ports soon wink_o.gif

why dont you give it a spin yourself? its great fun figuring out good target locations, to keep the player on his toes

very little skripting is required, depending on the wishes you want to implement, as i said designing this is at least as

much fun as playing it tounge_o.gif

or wait for the next update, new hardware for the conflict is pending wink_o.gif

greets Honcho

why dont you give it a spin yourself? its great fun figuring out good target locations, to keep the player on his toes

very little skripting is required, depending on the wishes you want to implement, as i said designing this is at least as

much fun as playing it tounge_o.gif

or wait for the next update, new hardware for the conflict is pending wink_o.gif

greets Honcho

i might doat some point but i'm having too much fun nicking the pickup trucks and seeing how much air i can get from mountains on the way back to base biggrin_o.gif

plus me n munk busy trying to get u some proper civillians..

This is a great mission. I noticed some things, though:

My medic got injured and I got a medevac to take him out. Afterwards to get him back I used "RALLY TROOPS" and sure enough the soldier with his number was back. But he wasn't a medic!

Is there a better way to heal everyone other than loading them up into BRDMs and driving over to the hospital? During an extraction, our helicopter got hit with AA and everyone got hurt; I then had to drive everyone to the hospital and sort them out one by one.

About rescue missions: The heli went down not far from our base. I figured I would drive there since it would be faster than taking the heli(which seems to take a couple hours to prepare). But after only ~5 minutes of driving I got a message saying the pilots had died. How is it they die so quickly when I drive there, yet I can ask for a heli insertion which seems to take hours(I get the mission when it's still light and by the time we take off it's sunset) and they don't die?

I havent downloaded this yet, but overall would you guys class its rating. Because I might not be bothered downloading required addons... rock.gif

Well, I thought it was amazing and a novel idea. And it's pretty fun, too. smile_o.gif

pravit -

Great that you like it, i know that the mission has some unlogical events, the hours for the takeoff being one, i reworked that for the next edition smile_o.gif

the problem seems to be, that the game time isnt the same as the time intervall in the scripts, so the hours for the takeoff just dont count for the scripts, so let me advice you, any helicopter down mission can only be succesfully completed with an heli insertion or paradrop, since the terrorist are on the way to the crew, time is of an essence wink_o.gif

about the healing of all your troops, i guess you need some rest, soldier, to fix your squad back up ( Resting heals all your troops), or if outside the base perimeter, you can allways call a medevac to fix your squad up

about the missing medic, i guess that son of a ----- has deserted, i will send the MP to find him tounge_o.gif

rommel -

read through the thread, it should provide you with an answer wink_o.gif

warrior x -

right on bro smile_o.gif

greets Honcho

USSRsniper -

nice one, smile_o.gif actually i looked at those while making "Dynamic Afghanistan" but i didnt like

the taliban in the pack, and the addondependencies are too big

and since i wanted to make a conflict taken place today i even skipped the KZM i used before

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7744

greets Honcho

@USSRSniper: If you want to share your conversion, I can host it for you.

some pictures from the coming update

Joint together, until the death departs us .......

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan42.jpg

The OPFOR

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan27.jpg

Artillery strike on crossroads

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan41.jpg

Flying Home

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan44.jpg

Mission Success

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan28.jpg

Base Security

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan43.jpg

greets Honcho

Nice promo picture icon14.gif

It gives me more will to finish my template instead of sleeping during those nightly parts of the day smile_o.gif

The pics from the next version look nice.

I was just playing the mission again and I noticed that when your extraction chopper gets shot down on the way to pick you up, there's no way to get another one to come out for you(although you can get as many medevacs as you want). When the chopper got shot down I managed to find the pilots who had parachuted out but I couldn't rescue them. It would be a nice touch to be able to medevac out pilots who crash unintentionally(as opposed to just the ones you get sent on a mission to rescue).

Is the one extraction chopper only deal intentional? We all had terrible blisters after this trek across Afghanistan:

trek1.jpg

trek2.jpg

One more thing - the rebel leader does wear a mask, as far as I can tell. I'm using JJR Rebels 1.1. He's the guy with the desert camo coat and the dishdash.

EDIT: The extraction chopper thing seems to be a real bug. After walking back to base from that mission and getting a new mission, then finishing that one, the extraction choppers just won't come anymore. He'll drop red smoke and it says "Stay around here", but no matter how long I wait, the chopper doesn't come. sad_o.gif You've left us to die out here!

I got to say I love this idea. Dynamic enviroments is pretty much what i look into ofp for anymore. But I never seemed to be pleased. I converted a Dynamic Afgan over to Nogova and also added the COC Command engine in so I could command a company and have better control over support. But ive had only one problem so far. When on a pilot rescue mission, I call in the medevac. The medevac onsingleclick thing ruins the COC onsingleclick functionality. Dont know if anyoneknow how to integrate the two. If anyone wants to try this or thinks they know how to resolve this problem pm me, i made it use the orginal OFP and OFPR units only, so you wont have to dl any addons.

Sorry if wrong place to ask.

Thanks

pravit -

It is indeed a bug you discovered, but luckily one i know about, and have allready fixed in the next version smile_o.gif

When running into trouble like this, its a good thing to try to abort mission, and to take a rest, since everything gets

reverted to the starting position, or wait for the next update, in which the bug is fixed wink_o.gif

I like the idea of rescueing the chopper pilots, but if you want to rescue the extrac chopper pilots, who is supposed to pick you up, as you see it involves more work to integrate the option, but i still like it, and will see what i can do

By the way, nice trek through Afghanistan, not many can say they walked the country biggrin_o.gif

Combat-Agent -

sounds good combat agent, would love to see your port to nogova smile_o.gif

about the problem you have with the single klick option, that messes up the the command engine, ask

Sanctuary if he can send you his DynaWar0854 alpha. He uses action menus to call in support or transport,

you could use this system, to free the radiocodes for the command engine wink_o.gif

it is more or less in the right thread, there is also one for all dynamic missions, you can find here

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=45597

Greets Honcho smile_o.gif