honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan

glad you all like the mission, smile_o.gif motivated through the nice feedback i am proud to present:

----------------------------------------

Dynamic Afghanistan Version 1.1

The conflict further arises as both parties got new upgrades, to drive each other out of the country!

Through black market connection to pakistan the afghan rebels were able to get 1. class russian weapons, and south african

mercinaries were secretly hired to further train the rebels, the result made them an at least equal foe in this conflict.

The seemingly easy objective got an unsuspected turn for the sons of mother russia!

But being elite airborne troops the VDV soon adapted new technics to conter the threat! Because of the strong AA

capabilities of the rebels, they were in need of a faster insertion method, providing more security for the pilots, as well as for the inserted troops.

Jurin Putin, a young eager M17 pilot was the one to come up with the idea, which is now known as the "Putin-Maneuver" or

"PUMA" in short. The insertion heli pulls up short before the target area, while the troops paradrop, disembarcing in a

high frequency, this fast maneuver drasticly raised the surviveability of the pilots, who where sitting ducks with the

former insertion mehod.

The normal heli insertion is still used by the troops, even though any insertion would be a paradrop, if it was up to the pilots.

The use of CAS (Close Air Support) has long been discussed in moscow, and now finally approved, but under the explicit order

only to use it once the target area is cleared of any AA capabilities.

So with this strong reeinforcements to both sides the conflict is more open then ever bevore.

Get It Here:

(dont put the mission into the own folder, (e.g. Dynamic Afghanistan v1.1\Dynamic Afghanistan 1.1)

it messes up flashpoint, and you wont be able to play the mission (thx to placebo for informing smile_o.gif )

Link Thx to Munk:

http://www.edgefiles.com/files/19181.html

What is new:

Reworked all conflict zones, and the heli mission (the heli down mission should work now Ag_Smith) making them logical targets in a conflict.

Adding up all conflict zones it gets up to 68 possible mission objectives!!!

Rebels got meaner and tougher dont mess with them, take any objective seriously, dont say you havent been warned.

(thx to Ag_Smith, who financed the mercinaries tounge_o.gif )

Weather jump no longer vissible (again Ag_Smith wink_o.gif )

The Rest heal and medevac heal are fixed, they worked, but didnt show (thx to void_false for informing smile_o.gif )

Paradrop, great fun to drop in the middle of the opfor, my favorite insertion method biggrin_o.gif

Landing zone can be redirected inflight.

CAS support, but clean out any AA in advance, else it will be a short ride, CAS can be redirected in flight.

(Thx to TacRod, who motivated me to implement it with his rework of CoIn (Coin 3) available in the COunter INsurgency thread)

Bugs/Fixes:

Still no intro sad_o.gif , but mission still plays like a movie, even more so with the paradrop tounge_o.gif

There ist still too much still to be inserted, consider this a neverending project wow_o.gif

Have Fun, Honcho smile_o.gif

PS: @Munk:

That would be great! Your work so far on the rebels so far was splendid, anything you do is appreciated wink_o.gif

GOGOGO:

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan21.jpg

Landing under fire:

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan22.jpg

"The Leading officer is always the first to set the foot on the ground, and the last to leave it":

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan23.jpg

Bad weather Drop:

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan24.jpg

Assemble troops:

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan25.jpg

A lost brother awaits extraction:

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan26.jpg

Awesome timing I'm just about to try it for the first time (corrupt hilux download delayed me) smile_o.gif

that is very good placebo, so you wont be spoiled by the untrained opfor of version 1.0 biggrin_o.gif

Question to do with the 'Raid' missions, is there actually one target for you to hit or will the mission not end until everyones dead? After climbing up to a nice spot in the hills with an dragunov I was a bit dissapoint to not be able to make him out easily (expecting the usual bloke standing by a map table talking to someone else) and had to resort to some home made artillary tounge_o.gif

I also noticed detaching groups just gave them the order to 'stop' but they remain in my group (meaning the come with me on chopper insertions).

Mirror from OFPCentral

Re new models: Yesterday I pretty much fixed all the model bugs I knew about and made this guy...

hat.jpg

Sadly I didn't get to play it as much as I'd like last night (stupid me couldn't figure out why it crashed to menu with a "no entry cfgworlds" error, turns out winrar put it in a subfolder in the missions direc and this mission didn't take too kindly to that), but what I saw I really liked, great job smile_o.gif

@Munk:

Great! I think "Dynamic Afghanistan" has a new Raid-Mission-Target soon! wink_o.gif

looks real good, glad to hear you picked up works on the rebels again smile_o.gif

as for the raid mission look for the Rebel-officer, but since he has some subordinates

you will have to guess for now, who to shoot

Hint: its the meanest looking one biggrin_o.gif

Thx for the mirror and Thx for informing me about the failing function, too,

i found the mistake, and it will be corrected it in the next version wink_o.gif

@placebo:

i reproduced your mistake, and ist true, flashpoint doesnt like the foldername,

i guess its the *.1 in the end, that messes things up, i will inform everyone in

the first and second post accordingly smile_o.gif

and i am glad you liked what you saw wink_o.gif

Great! I think "Dynamic Afghanistan" has a new Raid-Mission-Target soon!  wink_o.gif

I wasnt actually planning on adding new soldier models, just civies but I guess a could swop a few textures, heads and hats to make an more 'important' looking rebel. I know WheresMyRabbit has been working on a stylish range of headgear wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]looks real good, glad to hear you picked up works on the rebels again smile_o.gif

Thats down to playing this mission, being a former (attempted) mission editor I know how annoying it is to not have exactly what you need. Well that and Ive got bugger all to do for the next two weeks tounge_o.gif

Great News, Munk biggrin_o.gif

i would go for any civi model too, but to make a meaner looking commander would be a great addition, as are the planned civies

really great news, i am delighted, to say the least!!! smile_o.gif

specially since i dont want to add any more addons, but having the allready inserted addons enlarged would give so much possiblities, thank you so much for this, cant wait to see them

greets Honcho wink_o.gif

After correcting the 1.1 to 11 as you suggested , i played 2 mission of the Dynamic Afghanistan battle and the less i can say is that it is really great and immersive.

After a paradrop on my Patrol assignement, we met several enemy units unaware of our presence and we quickly reduced them to a bunch of unaware cadavers smile_o.gif

Then the second mission we were assignated was a search and destroy one , i selected the more classic insertion this time and we moved on foot to the location of the main forces.

The battle took place on a village on the mountains full of civilians and enemy squads and it was really interesting.

After calling the medevac to take care of my fallen teammates , we moved to the objective and requested extraction.

Only to be assaulted by another enemy squad soon after that killed several friendly on close range (you can only love grenades there biggrin_o.gif ) while another squad ran straight to my position when i tried to take cover.

several machinegunner left me no chance after i took out some of them, just when the medevac arrived , bullets were flying everywhere, adding to the "something went wrong" feeling smile_o.gif

Really a great mission , and this lag free island help a very lot to enjoy it even on low end machine

Good job again icon14.gif

I just now find out about this mission and I'm very much looking forward to trying it at home. I haven't played many good missions since Bagel's incomplete dynamic Vietnam campaign several years ago.

I tried porting that mission to Tonal, but concluded that it would require far more effort than I was willing to put into it. I'm glad to find out that there's a template for this exact kind of mission in existence.

Thanks for your hard work guys (mission, addons and island) - I'll download this first thing tonight.

A basic question first - is it MP compatible? And can it utilize CoC's Command Engine?

TacRod is making the hard work on making his CoIn coop compatible .

And with the structure of his template in project, it should be easy to port his CoIn to any island and unit.

OK, I just spent about 15 mins hunting down all I could find about Tacrod's project.

Tacrod - can I humbly suggest making your own topic in the user missions/mission editing section? It'd make it a lot easier for people like me who don't always follow what's going on around here to get updates on your project. smile_o.gif

Great! 1.1 is out. Gonna try it now. One thing that i hate is that Toyota. crazy_o.gif My comrades dont engage it with guns, only grenades and rpgs. It's real a pain to see how this bastard drives 50m away and wiping all my squad out. sad_o.gif

sanctuary-

great you like it, i just love to jump into the middle of the opfor, too, its a quick dirty fight, and the odds are open biggrin_o.gif

hellfish6-

as i posted on page 1, so everybody can find his work easy tounge_o.gif

TacRod, the founder of the original Counter-Insurgency mission,

Check this thread to read about it, and to download it:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=43224

and his website about dynamic missions:

http://www.k2.dion.ne.jp/~badtac/index.html

void_false-

meanwhile i love the toyotas, the teached me to get real good with the gpl, or hitting fast driving targets biggrin_o.gif

best to pick off the gunner, and let the driver drive arround, it is great fun to watch the toyota being nailed by a grenadier

4 hours into day 4 and I'd won the war biggrin_o.gif

Congratulations Munk, the first one to liberate Afghanistan, well done smile_o.gif

now that i am deep in the stucture of CoIn expect an update soon, since 4 days are not quite long, i guess you can expect a longer conflict, too tounge_o.gif

thx to sanctuary i got some additions to make you sweat wink_o.gif

Three things:

1-I get an unexpected and CTD when I go near the ammo box in the hanger, wasn't happening until a few missions into the game.

2-How do I call artillery and air support?

3-This is one of the funnest missions I've played, great job.  biggrin_o.gif

Rikki Tikki Tavi-

1. I never had the bug when i played, but i muss confess that i hardly play more than 2 mission to

test functions now, it will be hard for me to reproduce the bug, since i can hardly pull myself away from working the mission tounge_o.gif

2. CAS is the Close Air Support, it can be directed inflight, once at the target the heli marks the target

zone and awaits new move orders, if no threat is near it will pull away and head home, signaling it with a message to the upper left

version 1.2 has reworked CAS support, await new hardware for the sons of mother russia wink_o.gif

3. Great that you enjoyed the mission smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]thx to Ag_Smith, who financed the mercinaries...

Oh... so now I'm the bad guy! That's very nice of you. tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Anyway, great update, thx! smile_o.gif

Honchoblack, you might want to check out this thread about Afghan Environmental Sounds. It could add some cool ambience to Dynamic Afghanistan.

Ag_smith - tounge_o.gif

Rikki Tikki Tavi - same here, i can hardly pull myself away working the mission biggrin_o.gif

TacRod - had my eyes on those sounds allready, but i guess i will use them withouth the amore installer stuff, since i dont want to use more addons, thx for the info wink_o.gif

FireflyPL - that is bad to hear that you couldnt play the mission, Placebo mentioned something that a corrupt Toyota download delayed his playing the mission, so this might be the case for you too, are you using Hilux 1.1, since i didnt use the most up to date version, since it has other addon dependencies

another thing that can go wrong is that you cant put the mission in the folder called "Dynamic Afghanistan v1.1"

the *.1 messes up flashpoint, and the mission cant be played

so might try those two things out wink_o.gif

Toyota Hilux version 1.1

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=3917

greets Honcho

Honcho (and Tac, et al) - you're my new favorite mission editors. Awesome, awesome job. I spent WAY too much of my night playing the Afghan mission. biggrin_o.gif

Hellfish6 -

Thank you for the kind words, in behalf of TacRod and Sanctuary and me smile_o.gif

this has been a joint venture, you can consider us the three "fathers" of "Dynamic Afghanistan"

TacRod founded it, Sanctuary picked it up, and i used Sanctuarys version to port it and to modify it to my needs wink_o.gif

Thank you again in behalf of us three, since what else can a mission designer ask for than for the players to loose their sleep biggrin_o.gif

greets Honcho smile_o.gif