honchoblack

Dynamic Afghanistan

Mission Name:Dynamic Afghanistan

Island:CatShit Afgahnistan Revisited by Ag_Smith

Based on:Counter-Insurgency by TacrodDMA, CoIn AddonFree Alpha Version 0.7 by SanctuaryDMA

Made by: HonchoDMA

Ofp Version:1.96

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan60.jpg

-------------------------------------------------

Story:One Mission Afghanistan Campaign!

The whole country is at war again. The land is in a state of constant chaos since the withdrawal of the Coalition Forces.

WarLords and their Warbands soon filled the power vacuum, left by the retreating forces. Evil rules the land again, and the civilian population lives in constant fear for their lives.

The world can't look away any longer, its time to act again.

Main Goal is the avoidance of any Collateral Damage, as the people wont forget suppression.  So better look twice who you shoot at, killing unarmed civilians will drive the people to the terrorists cause.  And keep your squad alive! You are send there after the principle "One Conflict-One Squad!"

But your advanced communication and the almost unlimited air support will help to turn the tide in this conflict to your favor.

But wars have thaught that a country cant be controlled only through air superiority. In this big hilly country it is better

to rely on fast heli insertions and infantry tactics.

----------------------------------------

Dynamic Afghanistan Version 1.1

The conflict further arises as both parties got new upgrades, to drive each other out of the country!

Through black market connection to pakistan the afghan rebels were able to get 1. class russian weapons, and south african

mercinaries were secretly hired to further train the rebels, the result made them an at least equal foe in this conflict.

The seemingly easy objective got an unsuspected turn for the sons of mother russia!

But being elite airborne troops the VDV soon adapted new technics to conter the threat! Because of the strong AA

capabilities of the rebels, they were in need of a faster insertion method, providing more security for the pilots, as well as for

the inserted troops.

Jurin Putin, a young eager M17 pilot was the one to come up with the idea, which is now known as the "Putin-Maneuver" or

"PUMA" in short.  The insertion heli pulls up short before the target area, while the troops paradrop, disembarcing in a

high frequency, this fast maneuver drasticly raised the surviveability of the pilots, who where sitting ducks with the

former insertion mehod.

The normal heli insertion is still used by the troops, even though any insertion would be a paradrop, if it was up to the pilots.

The use of CAS (Close Air Support) has long been discussed in moscow, and now finally approved, but under the explicit order only to use it once the target area is cleared of any AA capabilities.

So with this strong reeinforcements to both sides the conflict is more open then ever bevore.

Dynamic Afghanistan Version 1.2

As the conflict further continues moscow is starting to get daughts on the length of the conflict.

What was planned as a swift intrusion is heading more to a full scale war, as more and more moslemic

fundamentalist pour into the country to support the terrorists cause.  Even first rumors occured, that

tanks have been sighted in the hands of the terrorist.

As a reaction on those unconfirmed messages it is decided to move in heavy artillery to aid the vdv

with their objective. Approved where 1 battalion of self-propelled 152mm howitzers.  Through

the need of night insertions of the VDV these arms have also been supplied with flare fire missions, as

of high explosive rounds and smoke rounds. These weapons bear fearsome firepower, and should not be

ordered in lightly. A missplaced strike could mean the loss of all support for the VDV.

The Manpower is also raised on the VDV side, allowing reinforcements on a daily basis.

Another addition to VDV strength is the use of the manuverable KA-50 Hokum instead of Hind for CAS.

This decission was based on the higher flexibility and manuverability of the new bird, that

better suits the hilly terrain of afghanistan.

As both parties strengthen their positon, the conflict seems to go to towards a full scale war.

Dynamic Afghanistan Version 1.3

The seemingly small conflict turned to a full scale war. The VDV claim to the grounds they have taken, but cant control the farther areas of the land.  The vehicle supply of the terrorists seems endless, as they bring new T-55s and Technicals to every conflict zone.

Unsecure of what might bring this conflict to an end, Moscow ordered in in other squadron of SU-25 planes.  These planes are able to deliver either a devastating cluster strike, or a precission LGB strike, and are ordered to patrol the Afghan airspace continuesly, allowing the VDV fast precission attacks.  

In this open warfare both sides use any means neccessary to drive the other party out of the county!

Version 1.1 is out! check page 2 for features or get it here Link Thx to Munk

and congratulations to Munk for being the 1. Liberator of Dynamic Afghanistan Version 1.1,

you have been rewarded to lead Division 7 of the VDV  smile_o.gif

vdvDivion7.gif

Dynamic Afghanistan Version 1.1

Version 1.2 is out! Check page 9 for details or use Link, thanks to Munk  

and congratulations to oyman, the 1. Liberator of Dynamic Aghanistan Version 1.2,

you have been rewarded to lead Division 76 of the VDV smile_o.gif

vdvDivion76.gif

Dynamic Afghanistan Version 1.2b

Version 1.3 is out!

and congratulation to Tovarish, the 1. Liberator of Dynamic Afghanistan 1.3,

you have been rewarded to lead Division 98 of the VDV smile_o.gif

vdvDivion98.gif

DYNAMIC AFGHANISTAN 1.3

Addons Needed:

AG_Smith Afghanistan Revisisted 1.2

-----------------------

Generic MIddle East Rebels v1.21 from Munk/wheresmyrabbit?/JJR

-----------------------

JAM3 from BAS/JAM3 Team

-----------------------

RF Airborne Troops (VDV) from Laser (the icp weaponpack included is outdated, load the one below instead)

-----------------------

ICP_RPG7 v.3.0 from ORCS

-----------------------

Russian Weapons Pack v3.2 from ORCS

-----------------------

Toyota Hilux 1.1 with DShK 12.7mm from Lt Damage (I didnt use the hilux 2.1 because of addon dependencies)

-----------------------

Sigma-6's 1965 GMC

-----------------------

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan27.jpg

Bugs and Changes:

Still waiting for afghan women, to further crowd the cities, up to now they all stay in their houses.

No Intro (but win and lose outro ) But Mission plays like a movie so it shouldnt be missed

Credits:

This mission belongs to Dynamic Mission Alliance and it's freeware. Copyrights reserved for

Honcho from Dynamic Mission Alliance.

If you want to modify these missions for your own personal use, go ahead. HOWEVER, you may

not distribute modifications of this work without gaining permission from the original

author first.

Also, please try to offer a different product with new features, missions, units and islands.

Simply changing a few units and leaving everything else in place does not warrant a release.

Thanks go to CatShit, Ag_Smith, Orcs, Laser, Lt Damage, and jjr - wheresmyrabbit? - munk for their great additions

to this game!

and to Dynamic Mission Alliance

Have Fun, Honcho.

An Afghan Story

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan72.jpg

some more pictures from the mission:

Mountain Patrol

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan11.jpg

Closing in on a hostile village

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan12.jpg

Leaving Base for a night raid

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan15.jpg

Laying an ambush

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan17.jpg

Target Eliminated!

HBT-DynamicAfghanistan18.jpg

Greets Honcho

I've been playing this for the last few days. It's great fun. There aren't so many addons so no excuses. Check it out. This is what I've been waiting for since I made Coin. Hats off to Honchoblack for being the first person to mod and release it. Good job!

thank you for the mirror, TacRod, smile_o.gif

i will add it to the original post, the "you-send-it-files" only work for a week sad_o.gif

nice picture biggrin_o.gif ,

be carefull out there though, the boys are meaner than they were used to be in the prerelease, i changed them according to you suggestions

Hmm, I`ve cleared Mazar e shariv of all armed enemys and the mission status is still "raid in progress". Is this normal???

use the "status" action, the status doesnt update itself, since its an unneccesary loop, once you killed enough terrorist it should check right

if you dont find any more terroists and the status is still incomplete you still have the option to abort mission back at home base wink_o.gif

go to card and video tables back at base,

there you get the action -Abort Mission-, let the CO assign you with a new mission (dont forget to "Rearm Squad")

Raids are based around killing an enemy leader. Sometimes an enemy goes down but is not counted as dead. Try putting a double-tap in the back of every tango's head. I believe they are called "security rounds".Otherwise you may have to patrol a few hundred meters around the mission objective. Failing that... well terrorists can be slippery. Abort mission and hope for better luck next time.

one thing has to be added, since i didnt have the feature implemented as i wrote the readme

the opfor got aa capabilities, and since i didnt find any satisfying script for flare launchers, that are addonindependent, i inserted the possibility to alter the flight route during insertion flight

this feature is used by using the radio code "insertion" again and to

click on the map, but as with the insertion from base only one click is needed, the heli needs some time to alter the route

land in safe zones, use the cover of the terrain to get to the insertion point safe wink_o.gif

once the heli makes the landing approach the altering route feature is no longer available, a message to the upper left notifies this

this tip should raise the surviveability of heli inserted troops but in the end, wasnt afghanistan allways about strong AA capabilities biggrin_o.gif

Nice mission.  smile_o.gif

Looks like dynamic missions are gaining popularity.  wink_o.gif IMHO it is very good and simple way to test new addons.

P.S.

How can I heal all my men with 1 klik? REST doesnt help.  sad_o.gif

And it could be just brilliant to add weapon choose menu like in MFCTI to arm youself and your squad.

glad you like the mission smile_o.gif

you can assign any weapon from the ammo crate to the men by radio code, just tell them to pick a weapon, after he picked up the weapon just click "Rearm Squad" and every team member will have full ammo for any weapon they are carying

i didnt implement any rpgs to to the "Rearm Squad", so using the function will only give full ammo to the main weapon

didnt want to give them rpgs because of balancing reason, but you are still able to assign them, just dont use "Rearm Squad" after you assigned them by radio, else any RPG will be back in the ammobox tounge_o.gif

concerning the heal all with one click, my bad sad_o.gif i will add it to the rest function as you adviced in the version 1.1 i am working on now smile_o.gif for now you must use the annoying radio codes, or if you are outside the base parameter you can always call a medevac to get your whole squad healed

I have had the pleasure to test in pre-release version. I've to say I spent quite a long time on beating through the missions and I had a lot of fun. Thx guys, top notch job. I think every single island release should come with such a mission. smile_o.gif

EDIT: (Hint, hint, hint: how long would it take to port it to Tonal? Like US Special Forces vs. Tonali Rebels. Or French Foreign Legion maybe wink_o.gif )

this mission seems very cool, my question is how does it work out? your coin system and stuff i mean, im intrested in trying to make a big dynamic mission with pilots and marines or airborne troops biggrin_o.gif

@AG_Smith:

good to hear you enjoyed the mission on your island smile_o.gif

since the opfor are Russians/Resistance it would take just a little longer, but there is a template of coin available that uses the Americans/East, so with that template and this one you can merge them to you liking wink_o.gif

now that i am addicted to CoIn you can expect more ports from me, and hopefully from the comunity too smile_o.gif

for now i will stick to this conflict, since there is so much that needs to be further implemented wink_o.gif

@commando84:

as i said above, its easy once you look into the files, one of the goals of TacRod was to make the template easily adaptable, look into them and you will know what i mean wink_o.gif

yeah i'll try to look into them when i got some time smile_o.gif

your dynamic mission stuff is really breaking new ground for ofp missions biggrin_o.gif and also is it possible to have it working in a coop enviroment? xmas_o.gif

If anyone is going to try to convert this, I'm sure Honchoblack and I could help answer any of your questions. The scripting is not too complex.

The basic process would be:

- Cut and paste from the existing mission

- Change units in the editor

- Edit the names of weapons/units in a number of scripts (doesn't require scripting knowledge, just editing some names)

- Position triggers and gamelogics

- Tweak

So what are you waiting for? smile_o.gif

I've just played it again... and again I had rescue mission... and again pilots were dead when I arrived to scene. tounge_o.gif

Two things I have noticed:

- weather changed from sunny to rainstorm in an instant number of times. I'm not sure whether this is the problem with this mission or my sky mod (Llauma's, don't remember which version).

- I feel that ORCS weapon config makes their weapons superior to any other arms. When engaging at long distances, rebels get literally slaughtered, before they even start shooting... I wish there was a JAM version of these weapons.  sad_o.gif

I've just released 1.1 of the rebels (sorry, no civies) here

I'll give this a try soon

yeah im in the making of a tonahl island based version that uses HYK troops instead of the usmc smile_o.gif

i got a question and its , how do i make so the mission won't need the arab faces addon?

Great job honchoblack I can't wait to try it smile_o.gif

I have been far away from home since some days , but i can't wait to try this Dynamic Afghanistan mission as soon as i will be able to.

Great job honchoblack and TacRod icon14.gif

Great mission icon14.gif After my first, long range engagement I can see why you need some civie models, luckily none of them were hit and I dont even think we took any fire ourselves.

I may fire up o2 and have a crack at sorting out the jjr models but as my modelling skills arent exactly brilliant and I cant texture at all there's no promises.